Test/Review of Analyzing Charger Powerex MH-C9000

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF has a few threads on Tronic Lidl battery just do a search and they get good result, I just finished a capacity test using my BT-C3100 on 8x Tronic Energy Eco 2300mah and i got and average of 2250-2280mah and that`s not bad for £2.99 a pack 4 battery`s

Yeah, I double checked Amazon 2500mah see photo below.

Panasonic Pro AA or also know as Eneloop XX are only 500 cycle and they have been tested as low as 300 cycles if you run them flat every time.

John.

RB3UTdb.jpg

johnc847

Newly Enlightened
CPF has a few threads on Tronic Lidl battery just do a search and they get good result, I just finished a capacity test using my BT-C3100 on 8x Tronic Energy Eco 2300mah and i got and average of 2250-2280mah and that`s not bad for £2.99 a pack 4 battery`s

Yeah, I double checked Amazon 2500mah see photo below.

Panasonic Pro AA or also know as Eneloop XX are only 500 cycle and they have been tested as low as 300 cycles if you run them flat every time.

John.

RB3UTdb.jpg

Yeah I believe you. When I clicked your link to the post earlier it took me to them but on the Amazon UK site. Just don't know why they're not on us site. I'll have to get some of those Tronic batteries to try out. That's a great price. Thanks for the heads up on them. Do you happen to know how many cycles they get?

CLHC

Flashaholic
Well, I'm no Techie but I went ahead and ordered this specific Battery Analyzer Charger Tester. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the extensive review(s)!

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Henrik

I was reading in the older C9000 threads that the maximum battery capacity had been reduced from 20.000mah to 4.000mah so that if the termination is missed the battery`s don't get overcharged.

If this change has occurred i will not be happy as i want to charge some 5.000mah C battery`s and D cells up to 10.000mah using my D and C cell adaptors.

Thanks

John.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello John,

I believe all current C9000 units have the 4000 mAh limit. This makes sense for AA cells, and is a little high for AAA cells.

When you go to C and D cells you need to charge in stages.

Note that this limit doesn't apply to discharge but the upper limit for BreakIn is 9900 mAh.

Tom

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello John,

I believe all current C9000 units have the 4000 mAh limit. This makes sense for AA cells, and is a little high for AAA cells.

When you go to C and D cells you need to charge in stages.

Note that this limit doesn't apply to discharge but the upper limit for BreakIn is 9900 mAh.

Tom

The Maha website and the downloaded manual says it supports up to 20.000mah

http://www.mahaenergy.com/mh-c9000/

John.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello John,

You are going to have to test it out. I wasn't aware that they changed back to the original set up.

Tom

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi.

Can dropping an nimh battery on the floor kill it`s charge, I have a new pack of Fujitsu AAA 900mah LSD, I dropped one on the floor while i was getting them out of the packet, then i put them in my Opus C3100 and did a quick test (resistance) and i got a result of approx 80 for all 4 battery`s

Then i did a discharge at 200ma, one cell only gave 25mah and the other 3 gave between 210-237mah.

Any ideas ??

Thanks

John.

Last edited:

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
am not sure if it has been studied before.

never mind.

how about a full test in C3100 of all 4 batteries?

TinderBox (UK)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there no "reverse polarity protection" on this charger as some have reported, I did have an channel die on one of my C9000, It would discharge but not charge, I wonder if this was the cause.

John.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Is there no "reverse polarity protection" on this charger as some have reported, I did have an channel die on one of my C9000, It would discharge but not charge, I wonder if this was the cause.

John.

I do not know it. On many NiMH chargers the slot is made a way that makes it difficult or impossible to reverses the cells.

kreisl

Flashlight Enthusiast
amazon customer said:
I called Maha to find out why the charger did not prevent this from happening. The tech support department told me that there is NO REVERSE POLARITY DETECTION. I was floored. How can a product like a battery charger that can output almost 2 amps NOT have reverse polarity detection?
John, i would not believe everything what's found posted on the internet, especially not customer reviews, and especially not on amazonDOTcom. I have a C9k too and it works just fine.

And the fact that i canot remember having put in batteries in opposite direction does not necessarily mean that the charger does not have reverse polarity protection. I would not see the sense in that kind of logic.

It is hard to believe that this best of the best NiMH charger does not have reverse polarity protection. Maha is a 100% Taiwan company (sure, with EU and US distributions) and i shot them an email but i never got any response. I resent the email, still no reply.

Since then, i resent them pun intended.

timidhermit

Newly Enlightened
I own a number of the Powerex MH-C9000 over the years.

I am trying to discover the manufacturing dates of these chargers so to document them (along with the firmware dates) for my own records.

I read on this forum that the production date or manufacturing date of the chargers can be deduced from the 5-digit alphanumeric code on the warranty label on the back of these devices.

I tried my best to search on this forum but cannot find a guide on how to read the code to determine the month (or cycle) and year when a charger was manufactured.

Can someone point me to the right post or thread to get this info?

:confused: