Test/Review of Charger SkyRC MC3000

Gauss163

Flashlight Enthusiast
Iiirc, there are many hundreds of pages on the web (going back a few decades) claiming that one can revive all sorts of batteries by freezing them - with many contradictory claims (e.g. some say it works for NiCad but not Li-ion, but others claim success with Li-ion too). But I've never seen any scientific data to back up these claims, nor have I seen any tests that are designed with careful enough controls to prove that the improvements were due to freezing. As such, I've always considered this to be an old wives tale. If anyone is aware of anything that rigorously proves otherwise I'd be grateful for links.

Last edited:

nqhzdkdf

Newly Enlightened
@HKJ
Because it can be read on your website in many new reviews of new chargers in 2019 and 2020 that you are using the MC3000 to compare with, it would be great if you could retest the new revision of the MC3000 at some time. The new version i am talking about is the one with the two fans instead of one fan.
The PCB layout have changed and also other things have been optimized. It would be great to know how the measurements of the recent version looks like.

Your MC3000 review from 2015 is mentioning many firmware issues that are gone in the recent firmware+hardware combination.

HKJ

Flashaholic
@HKJ
Because it can be read on your website in many new reviews of new chargers in 2019 and 2020 that you are using the MC3000 to compare with, it would be great if you could retest the new revision of the MC3000 at some time. The new version i am talking about is the one with the two fans instead of one fan.
The PCB layout have changed and also other things have been optimized. It would be great to know how the measurements of the recent version looks like.

Your MC3000 review from 2015 is mentioning many firmware issues that are gone in the recent firmware+hardware combination.

Testing/Reviewing the MC3000 takes a month, even with software updates and changes to the PCB I am not sure I want to use that much time on it.

hc900

Newly Enlightened
Testing/Reviewing the MC3000 takes a month, even with software updates and changes to the PCB I am not sure I want to use that much time on it.

I find it understandable that it is not convenient to redo the test on the new versions of SKYRC-MC3000, as well as on the Opus BT-C700.
It must be said that the latest versions behave differently, especially with "experienced" batteries, new firmware and hardware reveal important differences on these chargers.

For you, doing the test again would only lead to magnifying a product that was already good and reliable.
Maybe there is no need to redo or maybe yes.

But I ask you HKJ, why are so many new chargers so often inferior to these 2 chargers?
It almost seems that daring students improvise themselves as manufacturers, but inexperienced or perhaps unable to draw inspiration from valid battery charger models ??

Cordially

Bruno

Latest posts