Thanks to CPF for helping me build this light.

soup_monger

Newly Enlightened
As you can see by my join date... I have been reading information on CPF for quite a while....but I don't post much, as most of the questions I had, have been answered somewhere...by someone.

It took a long time to get this light together... as the parts came from all over the world... but it is even better than I hoped it would be.

Leef 2X18500, Leefgrip, M2 bezel, LF EO-9, 2 X AW18500, SF Z48.

This is a tough light that I wanted specifically for pitch black conditions while walking and camping in the Highlands and woods of Scotland.

Mdocod's compatibility guide was invaluable... as were the reviews and comments about the LF EO-9 and the M2's overbuilt bezel.

So... thanks CPF :thumbsup: ... and here are some photos of the light.

IMG_4590.jpg

IMG_4591.jpg

IMG_4592.jpg

IMG_4594.jpg

IMG_4595.jpg

IMG_4599.jpg

DM51

Flashaholic
That's a very handsome light you've built, and as tough as anything available anywhere. The EO-9 is a great LA to choose for it, more than enough for practically any outdoor task. Excellent!

Ray1968

Newly Enlightened
Yes, a very handsome light indeed. An FM64 beam diffuser might come in handy during those camping trips to take the bite off the hot-spot at close range.

soup_monger

Newly Enlightened
That's a very handsome light you've built, and as tough as anything available anywhere. The EO-9 is a great LA to choose for it, more than enough for practically any outdoor task. Excellent!

Thanks

If it gets the thumbs up from you... then I reckon I got it right.

soup_monger

Newly Enlightened
Yes, a very handsome light indeed. An FM64 beam diffuser might come in handy during those camping trips to take the bite off the hot-spot at close range.

Thanks Ray... good idea.

I am planning on attaching an FM64 for some flood ability.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Very cool looking light - nice build.

Hey, what's that super neat pocket holster (to the right on the last pic)?

soup_monger

Newly Enlightened

Thanks for the recommendation.

I ordered an FM64 from a UK store...and I was expecting this:

sf_beamshaper.jpg

But it looks like Surefire have improved the design.

Here is the FM64 installed.

IMG_4616.jpg

The flood beam with the EO-9 is excellent.

IMG_4620.jpg

And the latch is much easier to operate than the old design.

IMG_4622.jpg

IMG_4623.jpg

Thanks. :)

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gorgeous light!

Love those Sharpshooter sheath as well... Especially the ones shipped with Bark River knives inside! LOL (I've got a Bravo-II, a Canadian Camp and an Aurora from Derek of Knives Ship Free).

Ray1968

Newly Enlightened
Looks great!

I really like the flip-up diffusers. I have one on my z46 + Leef 2 x 18650 + RPM tailcap set up (which now has green trits). Not as nice looking as your build, but it gets me by. :)

m3-1.jpg

m3-2.jpg

Per Arne

Enlightened
Hi,

On my LeefGear-HA 2x 18500 I use SureFire Z44-HA Bezel, SureFire Z58-HA Clicky switch and Lumens Factory EO-9 Lamp. I also use the old beam diffuser F24 (the diffuser lens is wider then the new model...). A great thing with this set-up is that when the rechargeable batteries are empty you can use 123A lithium batteries instead without any fuss :twothumbs

PA

Latest posts