The 4Sevens and Foursevens Picture and Random Question Thread?

Re: The 4 & FourSevens Picture and Random Question Thread

I'd really like to purchase the larger sibling. If anyone has one in good shape, please let me know.

~ Chance

6EqofkB.jpg

P.C.
- ernsanada December 2009

Last edited:

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

just curious as I don't have a 4-7 light but remember them from before they went mass market: why isn't there more inntrest in this brand here on CPF

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think there is still quite a bit of interest here, although the loss of the Pro and Tactical line, which was the real mainstay, took a bit of wind out of their sails. This came as a pacification to Surefire when they sued for patent infringement for use of circular shapes on flashlights. OK, just kidding, but seriously, they claim a patent on performing a function when the head of the light is turned. That is key to how those lights worked, the Pro had two user interfaces, one with head tight and one with it loose. The Tactical had two brightnesses, one for each head position, which could be set to any one of 5 levels for each after a series of cycles of the head. Nothing like what the SF lights do, but apparently the patent extends to anything changing when the head is rotated. And yes, scads of other lights use head twists for control and have not been shut down by SF. Just a bit pleased I never bought a SF light, I feel bad for David and his crew. I love my Pro and Tactical Quarks, as well as many other 47's lights.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast

just curious as I don't have a 4-7 light but remember them from before they went mass market: why isn't there more inntrest in this brand here on CPF

For me it's mainly because they aren't mod friendly, and they have horrible cool tints.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wow didn't know about the surefire claim. But unfair, given how many other lights do same!

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast

Horrible cool tints is in the eye of the beholder. Something to keep in mind when posting ones personal preference/opinion. ;)~ Chance
Although I don't prefer cool tints, I can deal with a decent decent cool white light. Out of my 7 Foursevens lights, only one had a decent tint. That one was the Nichia Preon, which is still cool for my taste. All the rest were green, purple, and blue.

Although I don't prefer cool tints, I can deal with a decent decent cool white light. Out of my 7 Foursevens lights, only one had a decent tint. That one was the Nichia Preon, which is still cool for my taste. All the rest were green, purple, and blue.

Perhaps you'd like to sell them to me. :naughty: What do you have?

I have both of these so .....

MyWeGWM.jpg

P.C.
- subwoofer March 2015

~ Chance

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast

I love Four Sevens-I have had a couple of tints that had some green, but the majority are excellent cool white-as has been endlessly discussed, neutral white just does not sell as good as cool white because it provides less Lumens. The dependability and variety of lights from my titanium CR2 to my Maelstrom triple just seem to meet my needs very well. They also have the best customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. My new Paladin is a cool design with PVD coating that so far is amazingly durable.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

Some FourSevens love (and a cheap Ruger knife):
57E658A0-1519-4645-BB7B-8A4439A71F38_zps2k3ncfqq.jpg

C8EEE082-AB66-4FB5-9D77-7AF7163C07B6_zpsrwthhzbe.jpg

Right now, some may be wondering, why the heck did Str8 post a Overready light in the 47 thread????? Some know instantly. For others, look closely, it is a 47 Knight clip. FYI: It fits tons of lights and works great! A inexpensive way to get a clip on your light. I suggest if you have some lights that you want a clip for, order some to try. You will have to do a slight mod. It has a small nib that must be filed off. It took me 5 min to get it right with a Harbor Freight file.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast

Perhaps you'd like to sell them to me. :naughty: What do you have?
I forgot about two more I recently bought, for a total of nine. Most have been sold though.

-I have two Ti Preons that are going to get modded, and are keepers.
-A black Nichia 219B Preon 2 that may get sold once I mod the Ti's.
-A blue Preon 1 I gave to my wife. This one had the best tint of all the cool white lights with just a slight blue tint. I'll keep it until I get her something better.
-Lastly, I have a QP2L-X that I wanted to have modded, but it's a pain and I haven't found any one in the US that wants to do it. I love the UI, but it has a green tint. I'm thinking of getting rid of this one.

:) Decided it was time to add some color to the collection. The blue one is currently fore sale in FourSeven's Clearance section. The others were purchased as individual parts from the accessories section of FourSevens.com

~ Chance

8HYVaaI.jpg

twin63

Newly Enlightened

Nice selection of P2's Chance!

twin63

Newly Enlightened

I'll start by apologizing for my poor photography skills:sigh:.

The little lights...

1xAA and 1xCR123...far left is my original Quark AA from 2009. I carried it until 3 years ago when I switched to a lego 1xAA with a QP2A-X head running a 14500.

2xCR123's...the two at far right are 4Sevens - one warm and one neutral. A couple have low voltage heads and run 16650's.

2xAA and a couple of Turbo's...far left is an older 4Sevens with a neutral emitter. It's my nightstand light (set to moonlight mode) and probably gets the most use - too many late night bathroom trips:eek:!

Latest posts