The 4Sevens and Foursevens Picture and Random Question Thread?

The light in question is not in my possession .... for now. 😄

352595018_1237993590254616_5824027905495405229_n.jpg

340944428_1304188146800824_2733840843580578509_n.jpg

It belongs to CPF member @texsian. These last two pictures were taken by him. Hopefully, he'll chime-in with some additional information.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light in question is not in my possession .... for now. 😄

View attachment 45011

View attachment 45012

It belongs to CPF member @texsian. These last two pictures were taken by him. Hopefully, he'll chime-in with some additional information.
Edit:
That's a legacy Quark 123x2 Titanium from one of the later limited matt finish Titanium runs of 4Sevens.. I recall those were bead blasted.
I have one. like that. I'll try to get a pic of it later tonight, and pics of some Mini's that shows the differences between the bead blasted and other finishes 4Sevens had offered.
GL

Edit: I have found the Mini Titaniums. Cant find my Ti Quark 123X2, but have my Quark Ti Turbo123x2 S3 EEdition Bead blasted with the Matt finish.

I am working to get the Titanium different finishes photos. I won't have them until tomorrow. I can only recall two,
Polished and Matt finishes.
I believe it was ~2009 or10 when a special limited edition 500 Piece Serialized 4Sevens Polished Titanium lights were offered as multi light kit(purchase) which had also included a presentation case. There were only a limited number of the matching #'d sets sold that included both Quarks and Mini's in the polished Titanium finish, and the presentation case.
I'm checking through my archives, but haven't found the correct info about that release yet..

I do have one of the serialized lights that were sold separately from the limited available kits/case offered in the original release.

Anyone who originally purchased >~$500 presentation kit offered back then in the day, Or who owns one please chime in.
GL

Edit:

Anyone remember some of the tints of the past?

They were cutting edge back in those days way back then, but now FourSevens features improved upon previous designs with technologically advanced LED's that surpass those of the Legacy lights previously released.
GL

5ShotS2Med2.JPG

47.JPG

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm almost positive the lights sold in the cases did not have matching numbers. I remember David Chow stating he wouldn't offer numbered lights again - Which he didn't. He said it was a logistical nightmare trying to fill orders for specific numbers and/or orders for matching numbered lights.
That is true. There are very few matching numbered Quark Titanium Limited Edition sets with Presentation case that were sold. There probably is a handful of lucky one's who were able to acquire separately purchased/barter lights to make their own after having purchased a non-matching set directly from 4Sevens.

I did some research and have only found three variants of 4Sevens production Titanium Legacy lights finishes.
There were Polished, First offered finish, followed by the Bead Blasted(Matt) finish choice of subsequent runs, and the Satin Finish.
There are also a few Prototype titanium finished lights out there. If You have one, please post a pic.

The Quark Mini 123 and Quark Mini AA Limited Edition Number lights had the most detailed finish of the ones sold at the same time as the the set pictured above. They were made with extra steps and care to mask parts that allowed crisp and not blurred Logo'd edges. The Limited Edition #'d lights had much crisper knurling compared to regular production polished titanium lights sold, with exception of the Preon #'d lights that also had a single presentation case.

Here's a summary representation of the Titanium finishes I could find. Stain Finish not shown.
GL

Side.jpg

The Preon's had been sold as "Satin" Finish. Others like the Mini got sold as Matt Finish.

Ends.jpg

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are the bead-blasted lights also referred to as satin, or is that an entirely different finish/offering?
Yes, 4Sevens released some as called the "Satin" finish. Preon's come to mind.

This brought up the other non-finished titanium Satin Finish or natural machined Titanium finish.
As was with the Titanium bolt.Smoe Satin Finishes had minimal processing other than a smoothing cloth/paper/Scotch Brighted to remove residual machined grooving. Others like the Preon were Bead Blasted, like the Preon's.

Thanks for the correction CG, my post is edited. The finish terms were modified and or renamed through marketing campaigns throughout different lights releases..
GL

texsian

Newly Enlightened
hello, thank you, this is very informative and i am fortunate enough to own this quark.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
many thanks out to chance for the informative picture :D
We just had another Limited release posted, that we may never see again.
The collab between Carryology and the Preon 1.
Your picture looks great. I need to get my a in gear and post a pic of the one i snagged :(.
Thank You for being here and your efforts :).
GL

WIN_20230827_02_56_56_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

Fuzzywuzzies

Newly Enlightened
Maybe off the immediate sub-topic a little, @Stress_Test recommended I post these here for your viewing pleasure:

Fouresevens Maelstrom MX3F "Flood"
Foursevens 1.jpeg

In the hand.
Foursevens 2.jpeg

Down a gully to show depth and foreground brightness. This torch is amazing for quickly finding lost stock.
Foursevens 3.jpeg

Roughly 100 metres. Quite a bit better than I was expecting for this degree of flood. (Medium optic)
Foursevens 4.jpeg

Startling the locals.
Foursevens 6.jpeg

My wife's gift to me - the Foursevens Mini Turbo MKIII. She got it sneaked into the same package as the Maelstrom. What a gem!
IMG_6250.jpeg

Gratuitous light photo.
Foursevens 5.jpeg

Fuzzywuzzies

Newly Enlightened
@Fuzzywuzzies, Am I correct to assume you'll be keeping both lights? 🤓

I'm happy I could provide what little assistance I did.
Of course!
I wouldn't part with either for the world. As I mentioned in the other thread, I'm extremely happy with the Maelstrom; it's a high quality tool that does the job admirably, and is, I confess slightly better than I had expected.
I like it a lot. And my wife does too, judging by how often she has pinched it in the few days we've had it…!
If I want more throw I'll pick up a dedicated tool for that task. (I do intend to go searching for a good thrower for hunting at some later date)

The Mini Turbo MKIII is a tiny little thing that my wife bought for the aesthetics, because she knows I like torches. She nailed it. I think it's the perfect proportion of beauty in a tiny little package - but it's actually a remarakbly useful little thing too. She got the magnetic flex arm and headtorch system as well, and surprisingly all three have come in handy already!
So yes, I most certainly intend to keep them both. :au:

Last edited: