The CR2 II (Long, Pics!)

jtice

Flashaholic
Larry,

Absolutly top notch fantastic work !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif
You are simply the master of these small lights, Period.

I was VERY lucky to recieve one of Larrys first CR2 lights, and I really cant say enough about the craftmenship that is in this light.
NOTHING is made with such care and precision. Every aspect of the light is VERY well thought out and very functional. Even down to a splitring being press fit into the tail. The knurling is excellent, and well spaced out.
Larry really takes the time and effort to make these ligghts perfect.
And, to top it all off, the guy is ussually GIVING them away !!!!

TI??? TI ??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif
THAT has to be AMAZING !!!!!!!!!

-John

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Since my order-of-silence has now been lifted, I'd love to comment on this light. I am the very fortuneate owner of one that looks like the 1st one on the right in the picture. This light is incredible, the craftsmanship is unmatched, the size is awesome, the runtime is great, the output and beam is remarkable. This is the most powerful light for its size, that I've ever seen. I actually had runtime charts on both high and low modes, however a hard drive crash last week left me empty. I'll get around to performing another test within the next week or so and I'll post it here.

kj

Enlightened
I'm another lucky (and happy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif) owner of CR2II. This made NLS backup and now this became my EDC. As others said, it's superb. And, to me, it's best for the EDC purpose. I'm deeply impressed with Larry's extreme attention to details. I took some pictures and uploaded to my page, including runtime charts as Larry mentioned.

Zvi

Newly Enlightened
So it's gonna be only on the auction? R U ever gonna offer this on hmm, how to say, production scale?

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome! I'd love to have the ability to create things like that.

Oh, and kj...your collection is amazing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Mark

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I´m one of the lucky few - all I can say is THANK YOU Larry !

This is truly one ingenious piece of art and work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Klaus

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Hi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

I am another lucky owner of a Larry CR2 Light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
I just arrived from my vacation and it's my first post here because I am very very impressed by this small flashlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif , a fantastic quality and an awesome brightness /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif, the only brightest one for his size is my recent Katokichi Itishiki that I have received today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Many Thanks Larry for your kindness /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

If you read my post (this one), please be patient with me because I have about 200 emails to reply and many CPF threads to read /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

yclo

Flashaholic*
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

Just a question though, is there a reason that the knurling on the Ti and tungsten aren't grooved?

-YC

Kiessling

Flashaholic
This Ti-Sucker is really outstanding! A dream of any flashaholic!

And thanx to be on that list even if I did not make it! I am honored! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

bernie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

srue

Newly Enlightened
There's no way I'll be able to afford one of these at auction (I'm predicting a winning bid of over $500). I'm really really hoping these will go into production so I can pick one up (or two) at a reasonable price, especially if they are anodized with that awesome O.D. color in the pics.

A few questions: Any plans for a reflector? I'm especially interested in a flood reflector, since nearly all of my personal uses for an ECD are generally short range lighting (<20'). Can the center piece, often called the head, be used as a flood reflector with no optic installed? Obviously a brighter, whiter metal would be preferred for this task (polished aluminum or vacuum metalized copper? *EDIT* Rereading, I see now that the center chamber is already vacuum aluminumized. That's some pretty amazing attention to detail. **). I'm still waiting for my Fire~Fly II, and I plan on exploring this possibility with that piece (I ordered an aluminum head).

-Stuart

McGizmo

Flashaholic
If Larry would let his beard grow and put on some LB's, his disguise would be lost! For some of us, we have met Santa!

was_jlh

Enlightened
Another lucky owner here. The light is fantastic, it has no competitor, hasn't left my side since I rec'd it.

Thank you again, Larry.

Zvi

Newly Enlightened
For one, I am real glad someone made a flashlight from metal other than Aluminum or Brass /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Tungsten was a great idea. Hope I can get one.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
What a great looking light. A perfect EDC light. I may never own one but I am so impressed with the modders on this forum. All of you do such a great job. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif Lets hear a round of applause!

RH

Enlightened
Any idea what we need to make this a reality for us common people? I would love to get one of these!!!

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Just a simple picure of my two new babies.

The CR2 II is the smallest /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
0.5 mm less in height
2 mm less in diameter

The other is an Itishiki CR2 (Thanks to Katokichi) with SO17XA Reflector.It's the brightest

These two flashlights are really jewels for a collector like me, they are so perfect that nobody can imagine it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
I have to find now some CR2 batteries /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cr2vsitishiki.jpg

Darryl

Newly Enlightened
I sit here with my jaw in my lap! You modders really do some WORLD CLASS stuff. Do you guys enjoy making the rest of us drool over things we can never have?

My hat is off! I am duly impressed! Now if I can just find a napkin to wipe the drool off my face. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
Larry,

Those are beautiful lights. Thanks for sharing

the pictures /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Raindrop

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
srue said:
There's no way I'll be able to afford one of these at auction (I'm predicting a winning bid of over $500). I'm really really hoping these will go into production so I can pick one up (or two) at a reasonable price, especially if they are anodized with that awesome O.D. color in the pics.

A few questions: Any plans for a reflector? I'm especially interested in a flood reflector, since nearly all of my personal uses for an ECD are generally short range lighting (<20'). Can the center piece, often called the head, be used as a flood reflector with no optic installed? Obviously a brighter, whiter metal would be preferred for this task (polished aluminum or vacuum metalized copper?). I'm still waiting for my Fire~Fly II, and I plan on exploring this possibility with that piece (I ordered an aluminum head).

-Stuart

[/ QUOTE ]

Stuart,

If the Li14430 light is any indication, the optic version is actually better than the reflector. While there doesn't seem to be as much side spill the optic version provides a more viable hotspot than the reflector at normal distances. While the reflector does provide a broader spill of light at typical room distances, the optic tends to light up the specific items you are trying to identify. With all of that said, I would certainly buy either version if Larry makes them commercially available. The optic version is with me everyday, while the reflector version sits in the vault with my other cool lights /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif