*** The First FOURSEVENS Announcement of 2018

recDNA

Flashaholic
You don't have to have a Facebook or an Instagram account, You can view only posts/videos without an account:thinking:
Jason's Instagram posts can be viewed directly from the home page of Prometheus Lights by Scrolling down and You will see the list of most recent uploaded photos/videos You can click on. Facebook You just click not now from the login/signup popup and You can read. Hope this helps.

I will add Twitter links, Thanks for the bump.
My point was I prefer conventional text communication perhaps supplemented by pics on a webiste.

Congrats Jason! When David said that the new owner was also a Flashaholic, my hopes were high. Now I know my hope was well founded. For any who don't know Jason, his QR lights and other products are awesome, he is well versed and likes high CRI LEDS. I am still sad to see David go, and he will forever have my respect and admiration for the company he built, his uncompromising integrity (even in the face of being unjustly litigated by Suefire), and the innovation and incomparable customer service. Like Crazyeddiethefirst, I am grinning ear to ear and that loud clap you heard was not thunder, but Crazyeddiethefirst & I "high fiving" from 3 states away. I can't wait to see where this goes. Thank you David Chow, for all you have done. Thank you Jason Hui/Dark Sucks/Prometheus Lights/Four Sevens for all you will do...

~ Chance :p

SNES

Newly Enlightened
This is so perfect! Can't wait to see new products.

HughJorgan

Newly Enlightened
Though I'm an olight fan, I'll admit I only know foursevens through reputation. But I read about its closure and all the disappointment on the forum about it, wondered with the rest of y'all who the new owner would be. While at the same time I've been a fan of Jason's for a few years now, have a number of his items. Through his email newsletter I saw the announcement that he was the mystery buyer of foursevens and I was glad, seemed win-win. A good guy expands his business and a favored brand stays alive in good hands.

wweiss

Enlightened
@HughJorgan: Agreed about Jason - he is a punctilious craftsman - his lights could be thrown to the sea-bottom and retrieved centuries from now in working condition I've done it...

wweiss

Enlightened
You've been to the future? 8)

Well, halfway at least. Felt like centuries. I'll explain.
Dropped my Alpha Readymade running on "high" into a clear but deep lake from my guide-boat and nearly shite a stone. Looked down and saw it dimly waaaaayyyyy down - looked like 3,000' deep or so - marked the place with my GPS and shoreline tree alignments, took pictures of said alignments and came back in summer with my snorkel and mask and found it at about 17' depth covered in primordial slime. Washed said slime off, dried it off, opened it up, removed the dry dead 18650, inserted a fresh one and nearly shite a stone - it came back on where it left off. Felt like centuries not having that light and worrying all winter whether I would be able to find, dive and get it back...

wweiss

Enlightened
wweiss, That's a great story. Thanks for sharing it. :thumbsup:

~ ChanCe

Thank you for the kind words. I wish in the telling, I could forget the stress that winter, of "losing" that great light under the ice.
But, just came in from a dog walk and the O'l Alpha is good as new!

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice story indeed. (Walks off mumbling about how it's technically still not centuries under his breath)
:D

xdayv

Flashlight Enthusiast
That must be featured over at the official website! Cool to know these lights survive the test of time and nature. :twothumbs

HughJorgan

Newly Enlightened
Felt like it to me... I may be overstating a little.

Well I thought it was a very lovely story and you tell it so well, with such enthusiasm...

And as far as the time's concerned, I'm with you, everything's relative...

Seriously though, good story.

Latest posts