The Flashaholic's "Must-Have" List -- Cast your vote! PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just added the "snapshot" image of 2010 to the first thread. Interesting to see that its still the same 10, albeit in slightly different order. :thumbsup:

It is interesting that the top 10 lights are still the same (although we still have another 4 months to go in 2011). However, I find it intersting that the rate of votes for specific lights in the top 10 has changed quite a bit.

SureFire seems to still be getting most of the action this year. The biggest surprise to me is that HDS EDC has only received 3 additional votes so far in 2011. It's also hard to believe the C2 hasn't received even one additional vote in 2011 with the following it has.. just look at the "C2-HA Addict" threads...

6074029715_e5f8907dc4.jpg

archimedes

Flashaholic
.... It's also hard to believe the C2 hasn't received even one additional vote in 2011 with the following it has....

OK, can't let that stand :)

Here's my list:

Peak El Capitan (#8 narrow)
Peak Shasta (ShastaX, to be precise)
SureFire A2 (with various exchangeable rings)
SureFire L1-WH (Gen5)

... AND ...

SureFire C2 with Malkoff M61HCRI dropin (however you want to score that one) :D

Thanks Captain, for maintaining this thread. It was one of the most useful to me when I was first learning about lights on CPF. It's taken a while, but I finally feel (semi-) qualified to add my votes here. :thumbsup:

uknewbie

Banned
Yes should say thanks for maintaining this thread, it's great.

Would be interesting to see a top list of must have lights that are non-modified. So if you vote for a 3d mag or 6p, you are voting for it as is, not because you have or could modify it.

Wonder how different the list would be...

AlphaZen

Enlightened

Would be interesting to see a top list of must have lights that are non-modified. So if you vote for a 3d mag or 6p, you are voting for it as is, not because you have or could modify it.

It's been done here.

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened

Yeah, this particular thread is the "flashaholics must have". Modding is a big part of being a flashaholic so modability is very important...

uknewbie

Banned
Yeah, this particular thread is the "flashaholics must have". Modding is a big part of being a flashaholic so modability is very important...

Yes I know and you had to choose some criteria, I am not saying this is wrong.

Many people do not want to modify their lights though and most manufacturers do not design them to have this done.

Would be good to see a vote on best lights "as sold"

jcalvert

Enlightened
Yikes! Missed some posts for some reason... Catching up now!

Oh, btw John, not sure what you want me to count there... You can vote for up to 7. There are no categories though, just "Must Have's"... Want to re-post just 7 "Must Have's" of any category? :thumbsup:

Geez Jason, just seven! :mecry: OK, uncategorized and unranked. :thinking:

1. 4/7s Preon Revo

2. 4/7s Quark Neutral Mini AA

3. Klarus NT20

4. Surefire C2 (HA Millenium, 18650-bored, triple XPG-R2 Neutral drop-in)

5. Malkoff HoundDog XM-L/MD3 body

6. Malkoff MD2/Hi-Lo ring/MD3 body/M91

7. Princeton Tec Remix Pro Headlamp (used daily)

Thanks again Jason for creating this thread for the agonizing fun. Now I'm ready to learn modding and camo cerakoting. ;)

Last edited:

mattevt

Newly Enlightened
Now that I think about it, I'd like to add to the SF C2 count. I've only had it for a little while, and I'm relatively new to SureFire, but it just feels like a classic and the incan beam is very pleasing. It's not my favorite light, but this isn't a "favorite light" thread. While I love my SWM V10R, I don't feel it's a flashaholic must-have.

Another light I think flashaholics should check out is the Fenix PD31. So I vote for that too.

jcalvert

Enlightened
No problem, I will get yours in the count shortly!

Ive been thinking a "urban camo" cerakoted C2 would be awesome. You know, black, gray, and white... Especially digi-cam! let me know if you need a host to experiment on!

Since I'm only in the "looking into it" phase, it'll be awhile. But I'm fairly artistic, a good painter, and I have a friend who owns an auto body repair shop where I could work. If I follow through and get started, I'll let you know if I need a victim. I really like the "urban camo" color scheme, plus the digi-cam pattern, but I after the base coat, I would probably try a free-hand approach.

EDL

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

My choices would be:

SureFire U2 - Very versatile (6 brightness levels) and bright with good throw.
SureFire C2 - Moded with an 800 to1000 lumen LED and click tail cap.
I have tried almost all SureFire incandescent lights; LED's are now the best, I think.
I buy them on eBay for a fair price, so these lights don't have to break the bank.

EDL

TK35

Newly Enlightened
:) My must haves:

Fenix EO1
Fenix P1D Q5
Fenix TK 35

AFKAN

Newly Enlightened
Jetbeam RRT3 for me. I wanted it for a full year but couldn't really justify the huge price :(

Finally got one a couple of months ago after seeing a cracking deal :thumbsup:

I absolutely love it :cool:

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire C2 with Malkoff M61, never leave home with out it...

I also vote for the Z2... No one ever gives any love to the Z2....

grayhighh

Enlightened
I'll vote for McGizmo Haiku.

Thank you Captain Spaulding for doing this work:thumbsup::clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.