• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Indian Princess

Burgess

Flashaholic
Wow ! ! !

Stunningly Beautiful !

And great photography, also !

:wow::goodjob::kewlpics:
_

Stillphoto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beautiful work from both of you. I really love the multi-color dimples. The dimples around the front really add a "port hole" type of look that is really cool.

My jaw dropped when I saw that you put a trit sphere in the aft end. Bravo! Just a big, glowing dome...hmmm I think you've inspired another build. It will be called Halfdome. The rest is up to you PF!:naughty::D:poke:

aljsk8

Enlightened
WOW WOW WOW

i love how although there is a theme to your work (dimples grooves slots)
every peice is different

i need to save up for a new light from you

outstanding work

does MJ do a multilevel driver for AA?
how many levels? whats the max and min output current

also i take it is a nice warm seoul?

Alex

Last edited:

HanzoTheFlashlight

Newly Enlightened
What everybody else said! :twothumbsWOW!

That is a very nice piece. Highly appropriate for the event and place:thumbsup:

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW WOW WOW

. . .

does MJ do a multilevel driver for AA?
how many levels? whats the max and min output current

also i take it is a nice warm seoul?

Alex

Hi Alex,

Yes, MJ's driver has three levels, low, medium and high. It always comes on in low, just twist again to go up a level. As I recall, the output levels go from 30 to 600mA, but I'd need to confirm that.

Yes, the Indian Princess has a U2SV0H P4 inside.

wvaltakis2

Enlightened
And of course, thanks thank THANKS to Chip for his stunning anodizing job - what precision!
:thumbsup: john

You are very welcome! Definitely the most masking that I've had to do on a single light so far. ;) But I'm sure the Fred has ideas in the works to change that... :thinking: (Can't wait to get started on the Mondrian)

Be sure to let us know what you think once you get it and get the full effect in person. :)

~Chip

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
The Indian Princess has made her way to her new home!

What can I say, besides :bow: :eek:oo: :rock: :) :) :) - it's amazing.

I'm hoping to take some pictures of it before I leave Monday for India, but if not, she'll get the royal photo treatment in India!!

Thanks Fred - what a pleasure it is to work with you! And Chip, your anodizing provided such a perfect finishing touch to an already perfect light!

:) :) :) john

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately, he is in India with his girlfriend. But from what he had e-mailed me some time ago, it looks as though he started the trip in New Delhi and was then expecting to travel around before finally heading to a wedding in Mumbai.

Still, I wouldn't want to be an American in India at this time. Fortunately, he had some help in his travel plans from a local agency with close ties to the father of the would-be bride, and I'm sure they will help guide them through the troubled times.

Would love to get an e-mail from him saying that they are OK. Fingers crossed.

jch79

Hi all :wave: - thank goodness for the iPhone, eh? :)
We are in Delhi right now, and things here are very normal. While people certainly are talking about the horrible happenings in Mumbai, everyone seems pretty calm.
We are continuing with our trip as scheduled, and are determined not to let the cowardly acts of a some misguided souls damper our trip. We are keeping an eye on the news and staying in touch with our friends who are in Mumbai, as well as our friends and family back home.
We all have to remember that, just like in 9/11, the people who committed these acts want to shake us - but they are so much smaller than the indomitable human spirit, and the strength of a proud and diverse country such as India - or the US for that matter.
Anyways, we are still planning to end up in Mumbai in a week, as we came here for a wedding, and will keep everyone up to date.
Thanks for your concern guys. :grouphug: I love CPF.
John
Ps - the Indian Princess has already helped during the normal power outages that occur in Delhi, and in two days she'll be at the Taj Mahal. :thumbsup: I love this light!

Last edited:

TranquillityBase

Flashlight Enthusiast
Damn good to hear from you John!!!

Many of us are very worried for your safety...Be careful:)

griff

Flashlight Enthusiast
"We all have to remember that, just like in 9/11, the people who committed these acts want to shake us - but they are so much smaller than the indomitable human spirit, and the strength of a proud and diverse country such as India - or the US for that matter."

Be safe my friend

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
John, mi amigo, you had us all worried last night. Thank God you weighed in here, Bro. Have fun, but be safe. :eek:

EM

greenLED

Flashaholic
Good to hear from you, J. Stay safe and enjoy your trip.

:thinking: ...wondering what you'll have built for when you visit the New World tropics ;)

PhotonFanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank goodness the Indian Princess is still in good hands, and working. :D

Seriously, it is quite a relief to hear that both of you are fine, and that the trip goes on. Make the best if it--India is a wonderful country, with great people, for the most part.

jch79

Thanks for your thoughts and words, my friends. :)

Migs, that's a good question!!

Fred, having a light really is a great feeling if security, and I'm very happy that my light is as durable as the Indian Princess. :thumbsup: I brought a headlamp as well as backup, but I'm not sure where it is!

Best,
John