• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Indian Princess

paulr

Flashaholic
Wow!!!! I just saw this thread and am just awed by how beautiful that light is. Congrats to the owner and to the builder. :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love how you put a trit sphere in the tail.

Durst I ask ... how much?

Jch - wonderful pics! And I envy your trip out there. I have a friend who does mission work in India. He has some incredible stories to tell, of the poverty, as well as of bright souls who shine in the midst of it. IJM (www.ijm.org) does good work there to combat human trafficking and slavery; I know of some other groups as well, if you are interested.

Wonderful light, PF and WV!

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Somewhere between a three-digit and four-digit dollar value. :devil:

So, somewhere between $0.00 - $99.99. :nana:

:wave: Maurice, hope all is well! Thanks for the link to the organization - seems like a great cause. Our friend whose wedding we attended in Mumbai asking people to donate to another charity in lieu of gifts - Asha for Education. We decided to donate to charities this year instead of buying any (sizable) Christmas presents. :thumbsup: There's so much that we can do to help... although a daunting task considering the scope of problems there. :(

john

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
SOLD! I'll take two at that price =)

That's a great idea. I was really tempted to do that this year too - donations as gifts - as people all already have everything they need...perhaps next year.

See you around John - good to hear from you =) And, great light!!

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yet another WOW !
Great idea, great build, great light and a great thread!

phoneguy

Enlightened
Just saw this thread, what an amazing piece of work!!!!!!!!!
Truly jaw dropping. The sphere in the tail is perfect as is the awesome detail in the anodizing. I think it was the perfect light for the occasion and the two that made this should be very proud of their work. Well done!!!

Bryan

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
And, last but not least, a quick photo of me and my other :kiss: Indian Princess at the wedding we attended:

20081207027smpm9.jpg

We are both wearing traditional Indian clothing. I'm wearing a Kurta, and my girlfriend is wearing a Sari. Do I always look that tired?? :thinking:

:wave: john

Holy Cow you guys....I just found this thread!!! I am sorry I am so late to the party, but I am absolutely BLOWN away by the beauty of the Indian Princess, and the flashlight ain't bad either (sorry Fred, I have my priorities). John - I think maybe we ALL know why you look so tired!!

I think that must be a wonderful country and I very much someday would like to take a trip there. We have some Indian friends who are just wonderful people and can cook up some curry like nothin' I've ever seen.

Is the Taj Mahal REALLY that beautiful? WOW. Thanks for sharing the pictures of your trip.

The flashlight is beautiful, I like the tritium sphere, please make me one!!!

Cheers,
Dave

jch79

Thanks Dave! :wave: I was indeed fortunate to be traveling with TWO princesses! :)

It's hard to describe the beauty of the Taj Mahal. The thing about it that most blew me away was that, as awe-inspiring as it was from far away, you could stand a couple inches away from it, and the intricacy of the stones & gems inlaid in the marble is simply... :eek:oo: just crazy.

I'm definitely going back to India, after I see the rest of the world... dunno when that'll be though? :shaking:

And regarding the flashlight, it's a pleasure to carry and use. The dimples are very grippy - what a cool way to achieve a beautiful form without sacrificing any function! :thumbsup;

john

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere between a three-digit and four-digit dollar value. :devil:
Anywhere in that range and it's still a bargain. Having just ran across this thread for the first time it's my opinion that the Indian Princess is the most beautiful light I've ever seen. Kudos to all those involved in the process (John, Fred and Chip).

One quick question: Is the H3 sphere exposed to the elements or is it encapsulated by Norland? I've never held a trit sphere in person so I have no idea as their ruggedness. Once again, absolutely beautiful. :bow:

jch79

The trit sphere is safe and sound in the NOA. It's survived a trip half-ways around the world, not to mention my EDC rotation. (it gets its own pocket :D)
:thumbsup: john

Darkspark

Newly Enlightened
I just discovered this thread now. All i can say is if someone asked me to show them a cooler looking light than that i would indeed be hard pressed for an answer.:thumbsup: