The "LarryK12" 12,000 torch lumens (now 14!)

BVH

Flashaholic
Bob, looks like you're gonna need Schulze! :poke:

I'm with Lux, I charge mine, let it sit for minimum of two hours then light it off. 34 Volts is my comfort level.

Mike, Send me an extra bulb and I'll use my regulated, variable power supply to find out the blow point.:poke:

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually the V28 is or are Emoli batteries of the safe type lithium like variety. They are not lithiums....
Well strictly speaking, that's a technicality. Emoli is a lithium ion chemistry -- that's what the "li" on the end of "Emoli" stands for -- E-Manganese Oxide Lithium Ion. It is just a different variety of lithium ion is all.

BVH

Flashaholic
There's a few of us that still play with ours. Some of us have upgraded by purchasing a no longer available programmable regulator board that allows input of up to 70 Volts (IIRC) and is good for a current of 50 amps. I have one such light and run 52 Volts to the board and have the board programmed to provide a regulated 29.7 Volts to the lamp until the batteries are depleted. 24 Nimh cells works fine as long as you let it sit for a couple hours after charging. Output drops off very fast, though.