The Lure of titanium, all things titanium.

wykeite

Newly Enlightened
They got any Tungsten-series LEDs made to match my tungsten carbide wedding band? :D

although a tungsten light would be a GREAT shelf queen, i think its rather heavy and actually impossible to machine lol, my job involves a lot of typing so i didn't spring for the tungsten, my wife sells jewelry at a pretty prestigious store, so i got my titanium ring AT cost...price was $280...cost to me $7....yea they mark it up that bad

Both tungsten carbide and titanium are amazing metals with some great properites. It's some of these very properties that make them pretty much unsuitable for rings.

Be very careful where you put your fingers. If the one with the ring on gets whacked and swells it'll be the devil of a job to cut it off.

Enjoy them very carefully:thumbsup:.

photonwave

Newly Enlightened
Both tungsten carbide and titanium are amazing metals with some great properites. It's some of these very properties that make them pretty much unsuitable for rings.

Be very careful where you put your fingers. If the one with the ring on gets whacked and swells it'll be the devil of a job to cut it off.

Enjoy them very carefully:thumbsup:.

Thankfully I had the foresight to buy a size and a half up from my actual ring size, to accommodate for the swelling my hands and fingers go through in the regular course of a year. Wintertime, I have to keep it on my middle finger, spring/summer, back to the ring finger.

nbp

Flashaholic

I have a friend who is a tile setter and wore his Ti ring one day to work. He cut his fingers working, and the swelling caused just this problem. I believe the nurse handed him some vaseline and told him to get his own ring off because they weren't gonna try cutting it. OUCH! :sick2:

Dizos

Newly Enlightened
Re: The Lure of titanium, all thing titanium.

Its a one off custom with a full size fisher pen refill, on the sharpie you can also use a cross or a fisher pen refill.

I remember your Sharpie thread well but must have missed the pen. Great stuff!!