The Malkoff Front Porch

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Idk about the rest of ya, but I'd buy a couple cren bezels .. also would jump on a MD4 body with the new pineapple grip!
+ ∞ .... Would instantly jump on more than a couple of 22.3 cren bezels. And a few pineapple MD3 and MD4 to match the two pineapple MD2 (body and tricap only) I just picked up ;) . Perhaps my longest standing gripe with MDX hosts over the years has been with its less-than-aggressive knurling. Hoping that the new cut addresses the issue once and for all.

Last edited:

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Real quick, as I'm about to head to work...
Discovered my Lee filters were delivered.
It's a lifetime supply!
WSImgL2.jpg

Simple stuff, a 2 minute job to cut and install.
P7zAB3D.jpg

M61HOT, before and after Lee 206:
nDQF9WA.png

Compared to my old original M61N with XP-G:
60lCAwQ.jpg

lTP8w5n.jpg

Oh, is the output reduced? Yeah, I can live with this:D

Last edited:

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very, very nice :goodjob: . I use a 249 quarter minus green filter to clean up the SST-20 5700K. Half minus green works even better, but I wanted more output than what the half allowed...

Last edited:

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very, very nice :goodjob:
And I am very, very happy with it!
Super impressed with this filter. The M61HOT is now just a fuzz cooler than my 4500K Zebralight SC64w HI, but you have to compare them directly to be able to tell.
With the high/low ring, it does still show up blue/green on low, but this light's going to be used strictly on high, so that is no matter.

I can't get over how "cool":cool: it is that these filters are available. Last night, I actually put the M61HOT back in my bag after a while, and went back to my M61N. Tonight, I'm going around shining it on anything and everything, marveling at the improvement in color separation and rendition.
It's not *quite* there against a genuine neutral, but the difference is pretty dramatic. There's also a noticeable reduction in backscatter from clouds of steam, and glare when looking at something through stainless steel grating.

This is reminding me of having the Surefire E2DL, E2L, and L1 all modded with Q3-5A and Q4-5B emitters, years ago. Similar decrease in output, and increase in usefulness, but this time the expense for the mod was $7.99+shipping for a sheet of color correction filter!

mckeand13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't been paying attention to flashlights for a while. I'm quite set on exactly what I need and other things have been consuming my time.

I come back once in a while to check in and see cool new stuff which causes my interest to go through the roof.

Has the lineup of M61 & M91 been switched over to SST emitters? I love the much wider availability of high CRI in standard products.

I haven't been paying attention to flashlights for a while. I'm quite set on exactly what I need and other things have been consuming my time.

I come back once in a while to check in and see cool new stuff which causes my interest to go through the roof.

Has the lineup of M61 & M91 been switched over to SST emitters? I love the much wider availability of high CRI in standard products.

yes, m61 linup have sst20 now!
but hicri only with neutral and warm

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can we expect M61/M91 to go OSLON at some point? Probably a new XT series. Cloud Defensive and Modlite (OKW W1 and PLHv2 W2) have already moved in that direction...

Last edited:

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Darryl Young <@gmail.com>
Wed, 3 Feb, 05:48 (1 day ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
to gene
cleardot.gif
thanks a lot Gene,
22.3 Crenulated bezel would be a neat idea!

Darryl.

gene malkoffdevices.com
Wed, 3 Feb, 19:57 (13 hours ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

We will eventually also have those too.

Gene

Malkoff Devices, Inc.
2700 Plaza Drive
Enterprise, AL 36330
www.malkoffdevices.com
1-334-393-3717

cleardot.gif

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ask and let us know :) . Hopefully soon with the KeepPower P2140R and P2150K and P2150R and P2150TC already available to purchase stateside.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pineapple, anyone?

imageedit-4-4291142981.jpg

First impressions: Love at first sight, but perhaps not love at first bite due to its smooth finish (that matches the MDX series). Does not retain debris as easily as fine knurling :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Robot Mania FU

Newly Enlightened
Nice!! I have an extra head to fill with something and that new body might be the push I needed.

doctordun

Enlightened
Looking for a light with the longest runtime of useable light for a gun safe that uses batterys I can change out..
I am currenting using lithium ion battery powered Chinese closet light from Amazon. I have to recharge every three days and while they are charging. No light in the safe.
Is there a choice with Malkoff Products

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
I resolve a similar scenario with an M61 High/Low MD3 + primaries. Rechargeable lithiums are set aside as changeouts. M61L High/Low may also work for you. I find the M61LL too low in output to serve as a potential WML and would rather not deal with complexity of the M361 for an item that goes into the safe. Has to be as KISS as possible. YMMV.

Last edited: