The Malkoff Front Porch

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Waiting on the updated MD3/MD4 bodies first :) . On another note, while the Quake 270 #3 fits the MDX, the Quake 270 #6 fits HD/WC (ranger band or similar required to keep the housing tight to the head).

neutralwhite

Flashlight Enthusiast
spoke with Cathy, she has advised me that the machinist is onto making the Crenelated 22.3 Bezels and should be some weeks away, hopefully!.

ledbetter

Enlightened
Time to send more money to Gene and Cathy but can't decide on m91 vs m61. I know m91's run on almost everything, but can new m61s do the same under 9v? The only m61s I have left are 4L and I'm just curious about newer offerings. Option of using two aa's or a single primary is a big plus.Thanks ahead of time for any info.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
If the driver hasn't changed "and don't think it has" the M61's will run on 3 volt primary just fine. In fact I wanted to see how good as my 4L m61 were my go to survival/long runtime lights. Every M61 I had Neutral and CW ran longer on a 3 volt then my 4L's! Did the test several times and it's right.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Malkoff Under-Voltage, who knew it could be so vast?!
Who knew hype based on sheer ignorance could be so prevalent on an enthusiasts' forum?
So sick of reading this garbage, over, and over...and over.

caelyx

Newly Enlightened

If you're "sick of reading" it, why continue reading it?

It doesn't seem that surprising that the enthusiasts' forum would be quite enthusiastic (perhaps to the point of "hype").

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Who knew hype based on sheer ignorance could be so prevalent on an enthusiasts' forum?

Ouch!! Not sure what that's all about. But good morning junkies 😂😂

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Oh I get it. That's why I'm not on HDS threads anymore. But, informative posts with quality content has different meaning to different people if that makes sense.

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, I've about had my fill, but God forbid anyone prefer to see informative posts with quality content, right?

The irony with all of the 'quality content' of the last several of your posts, instead of you know, explaining why the JOKE that I made is so horribly wrong and disgusting? Or have I not yet met the limit of "informative posts" to make jokes in a General Topic thread?

It's funny you find problem with it, because in addition to having done many under voltage tests myself, many more like INFRNL, Thermal, Byk, BigBurly, and countless others, we know that there is actually quite a decent range of Malkoff devices that run exceptionally well under their rated voltage. Now if this is wrong, we would all I'm sure be most interested to hear more elaboration from your perspective, seeing how we are here seemingly only here for information and all....

God forbid we actually make this conversation you know, informative, or something.....

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Just for laughs this here is a neutral super running off a single primary 😂 wouldn't recommend this setup but.....
F71-F8-A54-2727-4-B81-8-EEF-22-DF7-C3-C279-D.jpg

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't get it but maybe that's because I'm as dim as my lowlowlowlow drop ins. Maybe I'm just not bright enough?

Imagine how dumb the guy who had them made must be? Whata loosah!

TG! That's hilarious, can't believe I haven't tried that yet. Also MD2 and 2x 18350s..... would make an interesting setup!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Honestly I had no idea it would light with a primary lol. Obviously wouldn't use it properly pulling a ton off that cell. But bet would work just fine on a MD2 body with a 18650. And yes a couple 18350 would be sweet!