The Malkoff Front Porch

md17

Newly Enlightened
M91Bn (4000k) running on one cell vs the m61 519a (4200k). In person the m91 does not look as yellow as the picture makes it seem and the m91bn still has a bit more punch than the m61 519a, but overall it's a really nice drop in with great color temp and beam

M91bn left. M61 519a right
. IMG_6985.jpegIMG_6986.jpeg

JP031716

Newly Enlightened
Looks great! Just waiting for my meeting to be over and I'll be installing mine in my MD2. The 519A looks great already from the picture though.

JP031716

Newly Enlightened
I'm sure it has to do with cost savings of purchasing SST-20s versus 519As. That and the cost to reconfigure the software on the drivers. My understanding with the new 519A drop-in is that it requires different software on the driver so the peak output is 540lm with the Nichia LED.

Malkoff kind of reminds me of Heckler and Koch in that he doesn't hop on whatever the newest thing is (no matter how much we ask/want for it) and what he puts out is 1) built like a tank just like HKs and 2) they just work and don't comprise.

md17

Newly Enlightened
I'm sure it has to do with cost savings of purchasing SST-20s versus 519As. That and the cost to reconfigure the software on the drivers. My understanding with the new 519A drop-in is that it requires different software on the driver so the peak output is 540lm with the Nichia LED.

Malkoff kind of reminds me of Heckler and Koch in that he doesn't hop on whatever the newest thing is (no matter how much we ask/want for it) and what he puts out is 1) built like a tank just like HKs and 2) they just work and don't comprise.
I agree and appreciate that. I am not that particular, but was happy with a budget light that had 519a. I'm not going to lie, I don't even know what the heck sm573 means, so if someone can inform me…

md17

Newly Enlightened
Is there anyway to make an m61 have hi/lo in a Surefire 6p? I think I remember reading about an elzetta tailcap with hi low, but can't find it anymore.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Is there anyway to make an m61 have hi/lo in a Surefire 6p? I think I remember reading about an elzetta tailcap with hi low, but can't find it anymore.
An elzetta tail cap will screw onto a 6p but there is a huge gap and you do not get hi/lo

md17

Newly Enlightened
Here's the 519a m61 with and without a 5 degree diffuser. It smooths out the minor artifact that is the side effect of the dedomed emitter. Either way it's a great beam, but for me, I'd rather have it a bit floodier because it'll be mostly an indoor/mechanic work type light.

Without diffuser

IMG_6998.jpeg

With diffuser
IMG_7003.jpeg

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok, as the owner of a limited amount of HK handguns (a few P7's and a P7M8) I will remind you of HK's thoughts about you, and me........

HK believes....

1) you suck
2) and we hate you (HK hates you)

I make NO comparisons between HK and Malkoff, because I believe that......

1) Gene doesn't think we suck
2) Gene doesn't hate us

LMAO!

iacchus

Enlightened
Ok, as the owner of a limited amount of HK handguns (a few P7's and a P7M8) I will remind you of HK's thoughts about you, and me........

HK believes....

1) you suck
2) and we hate you (HK hates you)

I make NO comparisons between HK and Malkoff, because I believe that......

1) Gene doesn't think we suck
2) Gene doesn't hate us

LMAO!
Gene probably knows how to correctly load a magazine to boot.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gene probably knows how to correctly load a magazine to boot.

That is a GREAT response!

For those that are not familiar with what iacchus is talking about, I have attached the HK ad from 2004.

If you look close, you'll see that the ammo is loaded backwards in the magazine!

LMAO!

Attachments

• 1 - HK 2004 ad with ammo backwards in magazine.jpg
    1 - HK 2004 ad with ammo backwards in magazine.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 43

iacchus

Enlightened
That is a GREAT response!

For those that are not familiar with what iacchus is talking about, I have attached the HK ad from 2004.

If you look close, you'll see that the ammo is loaded backwards in the magazine!

LMAO!
Good lord, 2004. How time flies.

After the crap they pulled snubbing their "civilian market", I'll never be a fan of the company.
Their products and legacy are undeniable, but the folks running the place can take a flying leap