The new Arc-LS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ned-L

Enlightened
Beta testing has been going on for awhile now. I also demostrated the latest units at the SHOT Show last week.
peter
Thank you very much for the updates. It helps deal with the anticipation frustration factor and keeps me from pulling the trigger on other purchases that could make it more difficult for me to rationalize buying the new Arc-LS as soon as it is available.

Are the latest units physically different from the photo in post 308? If so could you share it with those of us who couldn't go to the SHOT Show?

I really like everything you have told us about this light. The switch design is creative and sound very functional. This is a must have light :twothumbs

notamchris

Newly Enlightened
Hey Peter,

If you are on a latched on state (by twisting) and you press the button, will it go to level three (as the arc 4 did)? I liked that feature, it meant that you always had maximum power available at the touch of a button while the light was latched on.

hayhay

Newly Enlightened
Sounds Awesome! So cr123 is the battery source correct? Any chance of having a 1xaa tube for us "common" battery guys?

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
They look the same as in the photo.

If the light is latched on, you have to turn it off and the go to stage2 to get stage3. otherwise you could assign max power to stage2 and then it would work more like you ask.

Yes, 1xCR123 in either a guarded w/clip or no guard version. Other packs are on the drawing board but will not be released until later.

peter

Last edited:

N162E

Enlightened
I also demostrated the latest units at the SHOT Show last week.
peter
Arc had a booth at the Shot Show? You said very recently that you were not going to be a part of the show, just going to the show and showing it to some people. In any event it would be interesting to hear some comments from some people who have actually seen this light.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, that sounds like the likely cause. After all, your profile says you are in singapore, which puts you in the thick of it.

peter
that cant be the case, cos ive had this problem since before that. The only reason i was able to order the Arc -AAA before that was because i did it from work..:( oh well, shall find a way..

Crenshaw

Ned-L

Enlightened
I don't remember seeing the dimensions of the Arc-LS in any of the post. Did anyone notice if they were posted or Peter can you mention/repeat what they are? It looks a good bit smaller than a PD, is it bigger than the Firefly III?

Last edited:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Thanks for trying to be helpful - I already saw that post. It would be helpful if I had the dimensions of any of the other lights that it is compared to in that photo.

LSr7sizecomparison.jpg

The McLuxIII-PD (third light from the right) is 3.3" long w/ a crenelated bezel ring, as pictured.

The Arc AAA (first light on the right) is 2.55" long, or 2.8" long including the keychain lug.

The Arc LS is #2, #5, & #7 (it'll end up looking like #2 & #5, not #7, IIRC).

I hope that helps.

:thumbsup: john

err0r

Newly Enlightened
So far Peter has been saying that it will come in both styles (i.e., #2/5 & #7). One has the clip and recessed piston, the other doesn't - both styles will tail-stand.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the look of #7 as well. But I'd still buy the #3/5. If both are offered maybe I'll buy both. Good to hear the light is almost ready to ship... but I'll believe it when I see it. ;)

Anyone else hope for an 18650 tube for these later on?

Ned-L

Enlightened
LSr7sizecomparison.jpg

The McLuxIII-PD (third light from the right) is 3.3" long w/ a crenelated bezel ring, as pictured.

The Arc AAA (first light on the right) is 2.55" long, or 2.8" long including the keychain lug.

The Arc LS is #2, #5, & #7 (it'll end up looking like #2 & #5, not #7, IIRC).

I hope that helps.

:thumbsup: john
John,

That helps - thanks for the information.

Ned

cybersoga

Newly Enlightened
Personally I think it should be as small as absolutely possible - The original Arc LS with 123A battery holder is huge compared with the Fenix P1D which uses the same battery. You've also got the Surefire Titan to compete with!

Last edited:

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
but the P1D is a twistie, not a clicky like the original Arc-Ls, so, cant really compare..:shrug:

or if you mean the twistie, then, it wasnt THAT much bigger, unless you want it to be thinner then the head...which would look wierd..lol

I need to find my a bombelman CR2 tail for my LS...

Hopefully peter's next post will be...
" ARC-LS is ready for preorder, post interest here.."

and hopefully the price wont hit $200, hopefully..

Crenshaw

Last edited:

paulr

Flashaholic
The LS twisty was thicker than the Fenixes but was one of the shortest 1x123 lights ever made, and was shorter than the P1D by several mm at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.