The new Terralux TLE-300MR-EX upgrade for Mag Charger. 700 lumens.

dls321

Newly Enlightened
anyone know where i can get the 300mr-ex for a magcharger? i'm having trouble finding a vendor...

pulstar

Enlightened
Hum, if you live in Europe i would highly recommend thetorchsite.co.uk. When i was shopping around, they had the best price, they were very responsive to my emails and questions, and delivery only took 2 days from UK to Slovenia. If you live in USA (i assume that PA means Pennsylvania) you can buy it at batteryjunction.com (don't know if they're back in usual bussiness, they had a fire a week ago or so), and other Website vendors. Try to google for it...

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
anyone know where i can get the 300mr-ex for a magcharger? i'm having trouble finding a vendor...

I bought all my Terralux products from here:

http://www.aexpertsecurity.com/

I don't see the TLE-300MR-EX in stock currently though. It was just there the last time that I looked too. I would try emailing them. They were always responsive when I contacted them in the past.

Edit

It's now back in stock again as of 3-3-10:

http://www.aexpertsecurity.com/index.php?item=1106

Last edited:

dls321

Newly Enlightened
Thanks! was able to pick one up and I'm quite impressed with the light output. I do have one problem with the light though...

I wish there was a way that I could disable the modes and use high only! Being a LEO I use my light nightly, and frequently use it for only a few seconds at a time. The mode selection on this light is not friendly when it comes to LEO use...

I'm thinking of "upgrading" to the older version of this light to get away from the 3 modes.

tsleykis101

Newly Enlightened
I wish there was a way that I could disable the modes and use high only! Being a LEO I use my light nightly, and frequently use it for only a few seconds at a time. The mode selection on this light is not friendly when it comes to LEO use...

I agree... or at least they could have no "memory" after turning off the light that way it will always turn on at high and you will always know the output.

SwatDude

Newly Enlightened
I am looking to upgrade my magcharger. Can the Terralux upgrade use the standard batterry? Also, which puts out better beam/more light, this or the Phillips 5761? I do like the ability to focus the beam so I'm not sure I want to give this up.

pulstar

Enlightened
It can - operating voltage is from 6V and all the way to 24V. Original battery pack has nominal voltage of 6V - it will work!:) I had TLE-300 MR EX in my Magcharger and it's way better than original bulb. Trust me, you won't be needing focusing ability - with LED upgrade it throws exactly the same, but the hotspot is HUGE!. The beam is a bit funky on the sides (star shapes), but i never find it annoying, even insides. I posted a few beamshots, you can check them out in this thread. I also applied small amount of thermal paste under the heatsink, where it touches the "switch tower" on Magcharger. I really improved heat transfer between module and body and had NO issues with heat or reduced output.
It's a great upgrade, go for it. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts