The Official CPF Hot Sauce Thread!

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has any of you tried the Carolina reaper chip. I think there is a youtube challenge and now my nephew wants to take it. I believe that you can buy one chip for $18, but it is enough because most won't even finish that. From what I've seen it is best to have a gallon of cold milk around when taking the challenge. It doesn't put out the fire, but it does slightly mellow it.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you talking about "the one chip challenge"? It's not horrible if you eat spicy all the time but it's pretty hot. I have sauces that are hotter.
I also did the Fuego box white chocolate challenge. It wasn't bad at all.

Edit: ooooooooo they have a new one!? I shall have to give her a try. The one I had was not a black chip. Sort of orangish brownish reddish

Last edited:

greenpondmike

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, the one chip challenge.
I didn't know about the black one- they must have turned up the heat.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fuego box showed up. First sauce I'll report on is:

Friendly fire guava and habanero

This is a very very sweet sauce with a little heat. I figured guava and habanero would mix pretty well with a Loma Linda vegetarian chipotle bowl and I was correct. The sweetness mixes well with the smoky chipotle flavor and gives just enough subtle heat to let you know it's there. The flavor is excellent by itself (i take a spoonful of each sauce like cough syrup 🤪)

not every sauce needs to burn you up to be excellent and that's what friendly fire strives to achieve with their small batch sauces. This one is great. I'll enjoy it on some chicken at a later date!

Last edited:

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast

Riza organic ghost pepper verde hot sauce.

What a danged name for a sauce.......... this one really caught me off guard. I expected it to be just like every other green sauce but it is so much more than that. I tasted the kale in it right away and it just tastes, fresh?! It's very very good. Not much heat in this sauce either even though it has a little ghost pepper in it.

***( I can't taste the ghost pepper so if you are like me and think ghost peppers taste like burned rubber don't fear, it's hidden well)***

The sauce had a semi thick texture and a really nice color. It paired well with my sandwich and I can't really think of anything it wouldn't taste great one. Had notes of onion, garlic, a little lime and vinegar, a ton of kale as mentioned (which was pleasant) the tomatillo is noticeable. It would make a good guac into an excellent guac!

I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a new flavor to try. No overbearing heat and should be good on just about anything. Not much more you can ask for. Surprisingly good sauce and won't break the bank for 8 bucks.

Last edited:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
any of you all lose ya abilty to eat hot foods as you age? i used to be able to eat the hotest item on the menu. now i cant even eat my hungry man tv dinner

raggie33

*the raggedier*
so weird at this very second im watching undercover boss and there doing bufflo wings

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i love hot wings so much i make mine with haberno tabqsco and honey. i love them very very crispy

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok. Tried The Last Dab. It's a delicious sauce but it's nowhere near the heat I expected which was disappointing. On the show it's supposed to be the hottest of the bunch. I've tried most everything on the show and a few on there blow it away as far as heat.