The Official EagleTac G25C2 thread.

EPVQ30

Newly Enlightened
Re: Santa brought me an EagleTac G25C2!!

Is this the brightest 18650 light?

have you looked at the ZL sc600? but not be brighter, but it is more edc'able. i was not looking for edc i wanted big, bold, and tactical, and this is it.

Your wife definitely has good taste! Congratulations! I wish I have a wife like yours.

thank you for the kind words PJ. I appreciate everything she does for me and never take her for granted.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened

Oh wow, that's a nice light.
Did they ever get back to you about the stepdown?
I am pretty sure it can be shutoff it's sometimes I don't trust there initial info.
Feel free to post outdoor beamshots:)))

Thanks for the pics. This is one HOT light. Maybe you can change the title and turn this into the official G25 thread.

EPVQ30

Newly Enlightened

I didn't contact eagletac. I have 10 to 10 shifts through Saturday, so I'll get to the beamshots and work on the stepdown feature hopefully tomorrow at work.

Once i get that 3100 mah in there i won't want the energy saving feature on.:eek:oo:

Last edited:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks to you, I just placed an order for a G25CS Kit set from Going Gear. It's funny how I don't see it on their website yesterday.

EPVQ30

Newly Enlightened

That's great pj! How long does it take to get to singapore? I need a pila charger and aw 3100 before i get the kit myself.

nelamvr6

Newly Enlightened
I swear, this place is just as dangerous for my wallet as Head-Fi.org! :broke:

Based on the info I've read here I just placed an order for this light at Big River. My first decent flashlight!

Thanks a lot guys, you should all feel deeply ashamed, you're all enablers! :thumbsup:

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast

Energy saving feature (on by default): G25C2 reduces output by 20% after 200 seconds at turbo mode. To toggle this feature, dial the head to 4th level and turn the flashlight on and off for 20 times. Once setting has been changed, LED will output 3 seconds at 100% (enable), or 1 second at 100% (disable).

That's great. No stepdown means I have almost perfect flashlight. Almost because SMO reflector would be nice + it's pretty big - 150mm (5.9") is 10mm longer than T20CS. EagleTac, make it 10mm shorter and I'm sold;)

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

i can't wait to get up the cash to buy this from GoingGear.

does anyone have some user-made beamshots? I know the MP thread for the giveaway has Eagletac beamshots, but i'd love to see some user ones.

EPVQ30

Newly Enlightened

this one is a 25-30 foot shot against a white wall in a parking lot.
as you well may now the 8 megapixel cam on my galaxy S2 does not do the beam justice, but you get the idea.

the hotspot is almost as big as that pane window. i was preety puzzled by that. :confused:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

this one is a 25-30 foot shot against a white wall in a parking lot.
as you well may now the 8 megapixel cam on my galaxy S2 does not do the beam justice, but you get the idea.

the hotspot is almost as big as that pane window. i was preety puzzled by that. :confused:

that's amazing, thank you for posting that! :)

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks EPVQ30. You just got me all hyped up while waiting for mine to arrive.

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mine arrived today, have to say I'm really liking it so far. Kinda threw me with the modes when I first tried it, it came set to "tactical" mode which is a High/Med/Strobe instead of 4 brightness levels. Figured it out quick enough with the instructions and set it to regular mode. Good looking light too, can't wait for the kit to arrive with the filter and extensions. First light I've owned with the modes changing by loosening the head further rather than tighten/loosen. Kinda slick, almost like having the magnetic ring for adjusting.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened

I wish this ended up in selfbuilts hands for review. Curious about runtimes and lux.
Wonder what the runtimes would be AW3100mah on the high mode.

Does it have a momentary on?

Fitz

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wish this ended up in selfbuilts hands for review. Curious about runtimes and lux.
Wonder what the runtimes would be AW3100mah on the high mode.

Does it have a momentary on?

Yes, it does have momentary on.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened

Yes, it does have momentary on.
Yes! Thanks.
Let me know if you guys get any runtimes.
I am on the verge of getting this.

Stephen Wallace

Enlightened

Kinda threw me with the modes when I first tried it, it came set to "tactical" mode which is a High/Med/Strobe instead of 4 brightness levels. Figured it out quick enough with the instructions and set it to regular mode.

Yep, I received a G25C2 yesterday, and was briefly concerned by the lack of modes, until I too read the manual and realised what was going on.

Glock 22

Enlightened

CPF MEMBER code removed

Last edited by a moderator: