The Official Zebralight Thread .

ktate749

Newly Enlightened
Please excuse me if this is a repost. This forum is a little tricky to use.
I recently received a new Zebralight headlamp. Is the exact model number listed anywhere on the light or packaging?

Thanks
Kurt Tate

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do all 18650 battery Zebralights use unprotected cells only?

Thanks
Kurt Tate

No, not all do. The website should note if it needs to be unprotected. Also the ones that only use unprotected batteries will show a shorter battery size of 65.0 to 65.2mm. The ones that can use protected will say longer sizes like up to 69mm.

Please excuse me if this is a repost. This forum is a little tricky to use.
I recently received a new Zebralight headlamp. Is the exact model number listed anywhere on the light or packaging?

Thanks
Kurt Tate

It should be on the packaging. And it may be on the light itself. If you are not sure, you can post a picture with some info like battery needed, etc, and someone might be able to identify.

markr6

Flashaholic

No, headlamps do not have the printing. Only the flashlights. Both have it on the packaging, which was probably covered by the mailing label.

ktate749

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all. I'm pretty sure I have a H600Fw,c,d Mk IV. I was able to remove the shipping label without damaging the box but there was no model info on it. They allow 69mm batteries, so protected versions are allowed. I've already ordered two Panasonic NCR18650B unprotected batteries. I'm guessing these will work. Is there an advantage to using protected batteries?

Thanks again,
Kurt Tate

ktate749

Newly Enlightened
Hello again.
One last question (for now anyway). Looking at protected cells I notice that they all had button tops. Will they work with the multipin contact in the flashlight or are there protected flat top cells I didn't see?

Thanks once more,
Kurt Tate

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks all. I'm pretty sure I have a H600Fw,c,d Mk IV. I was able to remove the shipping label without damaging the box but there was no model info on it. They allow 69mm batteries, so protected versions are allowed. I've already ordered two Panasonic NCR18650B unprotected batteries. I'm guessing these will work. Is there an advantage to using protected batteries?

Thanks again,
Kurt Tate

I don't have the H600.. but I believe the shorter unprotected batteries should be fine. Protected batteries protect against over discharge, over charge, heat, short circuit, and such. See this short article for more - https://www.fenix-store.com/blog/wh...en-protected-and-unprotected-18650-batteries/

But note that Zebralights also protect against the same things. So it ends up being redundant and not needed in a Zebralight. But it can help if you have a bad charger, or carry batteries unsafely, i.e. a battery shorts against your keys in your pocket. I feel fine using unprotected batteries in Zebralights.

Hello again.
One last question (for now anyway). Looking at protected cells I notice that they all had button tops. Will they work with the multipin contact in the flashlight or are there protected flat top cells I didn't see?

Thanks once more,
Kurt Tate

The multi pin, or POGO pins in Zebralights are used to carry more current and make the battery shorter. I am not an expert, but I don't think Zebralight has a POGO light that uses protected batteries. While it is possible to make a flat top protected cell, I wouldn't recommend buying one. I can easily glance and see which cells I own that are protected or not.

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
With that model light- you have a protection built in. The plus of having a protected battery would be redundancy for protection.

Thanks again,
Kurt Tate

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
BTW, I posted a Youtube review of the SC600w MkIV Plus, comparing it to the HI and other versions. Just if anyone wants to see the beam differences outside.

anthon87

Newly Enlightened
I'm going to buy a new headlamp and I'm betweem two models

H600w MK IV XHP35 5000k
H600Fd MK IV XHP50.2 HI Cri 5000k

I like lights with some hotspot and a big spill, all my other zebras have a very wide spill so I think the h600W will be the same.

I'm afraid that the H600Fd will be too floody for my taste

Keitho

Enlightened
The "product comparison" sheet lists the Fd as 5000K, and the w at 4500K...I have a feeling that color temp might also play into your choice along with beam shape. For me personally, right-angle lights are for stuff within 10' or 15', so I tend to go flood. For my outdoor-use lights, I also enjoy the higher CRI, even if that effect is only in my head.

anthon87

Newly Enlightened
The "product comparison" sheet lists the Fd as 5000K, and the w at 4500K...I have a feeling that color temp might also play into your choice along with beam shape. For me personally, right-angle lights are for stuff within 10' or 15', so I tend to go flood. For my outdoor-use lights, I also enjoy the higher CRI, even if that effect is only in my head.

My actual headlamp is a Armytek Elf C2 in Warm 4000k tint, and it's on the too warm side for my taste, 4500-5000 is fine for me

I have a H53w headlamp and the beam is fine for me

My actual zebralights are

SC600W IV HI
H53W
SC5W II

JStraus

Newly Enlightened
I don't think you'll find the Fd too floody. I changed my H600w our for the Fd and far prefer the beam pattern over the 600w.

If you have other non frosted ZL's then the Fd is a great fit.

firstcipher

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I want to ask about zebralight h600w MK4 and sc64w, I look at zebralight site the two light have same head diameter dimension spec.
Does two light have a same throw beam distance or not? thanks.

Romanko

Newly Enlightened
Myledy-led-strip-lights-CCT-range.jpg

Hi. What to expect from fc and fd? fc 4000k will be like on picture 4000k?

anthon87

Newly Enlightened
I'm going to buy a new headlamp and I'm betweem two models

H600w MK IV XHP35 5000k
H600Fd MK IV XHP50.2 HI Cri 5000k

I like lights with some hotspot and a big spill, all my other zebras have a very wide spill so I think the h600W will be the same.

I'm afraid that the H600Fd will be too floody for my taste

Finally I ordered the H600w XHP35

If some day I need more flood, I'd stick some DC fix in the lens

Mr. LED

Enlightened
SC64: It's not quite as dim as moonlight on an SC52d, but with a more powerful, more efficient emitter, this is to be expected, and it is far dimmer than 'moonlight' from many other makers, so it is another fantastic result from Zebralight.

do you by any chance have a SC64w to compare the lowest moonlight? I find mine a lot brighter as my old SC62 and it bothers me. If the SC64c is dimmer, I'll go for it. But nothing beats the SC32w, it has the lowest moonlight ever.

MikeSalt

Flashlight Enthusiast
do you by any chance have a SC64w to compare the lowest moonlight? I find mine a lot brighter as my old SC62 and it bothers me. If the SC64c is dimmer, I'll go for it. But nothing beats the SC32w, it has the lowest moonlight ever.

I do not I'm afraid. It'd definitely dimmer than moonlight on an Olight S1R, if that helps?

TCY

Enlightened
Unfortunately none of ZL's 18650 MKIV lights have the 0.01lm moonlight mode that many people praise. As a SC62w owner I can say that the lowest low on my H600Fc MK IV (0.08lm) is visually a lot brighter than the 0.01 from my SC62w.