The Official Zebralight Thread .

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Switch on the side, no forehead tracks, ready for bicycling…

IMG_2376.jpeg

likethevegetable

Enlightened
Oh, I'm just whining a little. Since I absolutely love everything about Zebralight flashlights/headlamps so I thought why not think about bringing the accessories up to the same level? And why not consider a different switch position?

Sure, you'll get some mark from any headlamp worn directly over the skin, but does that preclude developing a better one? And no offense ilikeguns40, I'm not wearing a beanie in Texas in summer, sorry. Nice try though ;-)

I use my Fenix HL50 (long discontinued, I spent a decent amount of time sourcing spares to no avail): https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/zebralight-mods.293092/post-5169400

For H600s, the ArmyTek Wizard mount works well: https://www.armytek.com/accessories/spare-parts/headbands/armytek-headmount-wizard-c2-elf-s2/

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
My friend in Germany has an old sc600 l2 mk2 that stopped turning on. Shipment to China and repair by the company does not make financial sense and it takes too long. Is there anyone here in Germany or EU who could fix it, perhaps with replacing all the stuffing with Anduril 2?

Batuche

Newly Enlightened

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
I missed it somehow, but who has tried a 14500 in the newest SC53c N?

I am also waiting on someone to report back on this… I picked up a Nitcore 14500 in anticipation someone unlocks a secret!

Best capacity battery for now and works & fits nicely $4.50
Vapcell F12 (1250 mah 3 amp) Here

Push the on-off button without battery installed when changing back to Eneloop to discharge the capacitor and recognize voltage change & your good to go.

Other batteries may or may not fit:
Vapcell H10 button-top fit but too long & tight. H10 flat-top too short. L10 flat-top too short...

RegularGuy81

Newly Enlightened

Push the on-off button without battery installed when changing back to Eneloop to discharge the capacitor and recognize voltage change & your good to go.

Other batteries may or may not fit:
Vapcell H10 button-top fit but too long & tight. H10 flat-top too short. L10 flat-top too short...
I tried my Nitecore 14500 in my SC50w and I couldn't get it to work. seems slightly too long, I couldn't get the tail cap to screw down all the way.

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried my Nitecore 14500 in my SC50w and I couldn't get it to work. seems slightly too long, I couldn't get the tail cap to screw down all the way.

The nitecore probably has a protection circuit at 2.03 inches making it too long for some lights. Protected battery probably not gonna fit these Zebras.

Same battery in above post will probably fit the SC50 too but not sure as I don't have that light. Might need the F12 in flat-top version to fit the SC50.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast

good info for people that dont need built in LVP

Ok, thanks. So it has been confirmed that it can be done, using the trick, without causing damage. That's good to know.
Yes, you can switch back to AA, but the Vapcell F12 did not trigger any LVP, it dropped to 1.58V in the test Lips did. So I would not say that using LiIon can be done "safely", unless you take personal responsibility to prevent overdischarge.

There is NO LVP for LiIon in 53 series Zebras. That is why Officially they only support AA.

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic