The poorest qualitity LED light I've ever bought

x2x3x2

Banned
norm does yours heat up while in use? mine gets warm pretty fast, like in about 30 seconds of use. wouldnt expect this if there werent any thermal compound between emitter n body.

i guess i need to open up n check mind too.
btw Hilti, how how did u get the head opened?

HiltiHome

Enlightened
x2x3x2,

I boiled the head in a zip-lock bag for 8min., than I put the head in a vice and used water pump pliers and a rubber belt to break the epoxy.
Brute force and several attempts where necessary.

You should remove the brass ring and the circuit board first, to avoid deformation on the brass ring.

p1000714st1.jpg

p1000715hx1.jpg

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I came across that earlier today.. if it's built on the same basic OEM one as the ebay one, no way I'm gonna dish out $45 for it....

Guess I'll wait for reviews on it....

Don't need another light, but I wanna try 'burning' the stainless steel to see if I can that burnt titanium look! :D

x2x3x2

Banned
The UltraFire on QCGoods looks different from the ones on ebay.

- Bare finish vs Coated finish.
- Smooth reflector vs Textured reflector.
- Better fit between emitter and reflector.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Sorry x2x3x2 I just noticed this thread was active again. Mine gets hot very quickly.
x2x3x2 said:
norm does yours heat up while in use? mine gets warm pretty fast, like in about 30 seconds of use. wouldnt expect this if there werent any thermal compound between emitter n body.

i guess i need to open up n check mind too.
btw Hilti, how how did u get the head opened?

:twak: firely look up sarcasm.
There is no way I would sell this light without the buyer knowing all the faults, I did take a loss on this light and it has been relegated to the junk draw. If I intended to sell the light it would have been on BST with a BS story about how wonderful the light is. Check all my old sales threads all lights are very honestly represented.
firefly99 said:
x2x3x2,
Norm made 2 conflicting statements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm
This light is overpriced rubbish stay well away.

P.S. Anyone want to by a mint light.

From his followup posts, it is very obvious, he intend to sell the crappy light without making a loss, to another cpfer.

Quote:
I'm surprised no one want to buy this light from me and it's my first review and everything :):)
Norm

Quote:
I wouldn't expect anybody to pay what I paid for the light, I have it looking fairly good at the moment and don't feel like selling it at a loss after all the work I've put into it.

I had no issue if anyone decide take the light from Norm.

Kevin I'd love to buy this light but funds are a little short :broke: at the moment, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

kevinm said:

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
it would be worth sending it to craig for review just to see his rating in urinal mints and busted toilet brushes!

Norm

Retired Administrator
I meant to add thanks for the great pics HitiHome. :)
snakebite it would cost me about A$10 to send from Australia, I've wasted too much on it already.
Norm