The TESLA Flashlight

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
So you have no interest in writing to Mr. Bearden? I'm disappointed.

Actually, I don't. There is nothing he could say to me that would prove that the crank ideas he's pushing to sell books are anything more substantial that just that.

His website has given me enough insight.

As for "believing". This has nothing to do with belief. Belief is the tripe that the church sells.

If this man had produced anything vaguely functional or world changing, belief would not be required because we'd have PROOF.

Proof is what I wait to see.

Say, since he's so knowledgable, his home, running off the grid from a 5KVA generator (not *quite* big enough for an average household) running in an over unity mode as he describes.

Show. Me. The. PROOF.

Last edited:

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
sounds to me like you have a rather inflated opinion of yourself, and of Nikola Tesla. (who, incidentally, I consider a genius)
What really intrigues me is, knowing the current situation regarding the planet, as you obviously do ,and recognising the obvious shortcomings of the leadership we now enjoy, as you do, what do you intend to do about it?
Well, I'll tell you; absolutely nothing..... other than complain to people who don't give a poop.
I wish you well, sincerely, but your views would be better employed on a website that didn't have so many orthodox 'unbelievers'.....

'Inflated'? Far from it. I just don't take bullying lightly and respond accordingly, which for some unknown reason pisses them off.

'people who don't give a poop'?

You obviously gave a poop enough to reply.

'what do you intend to do about it'?

I already did something about it, and do many other things "about it" that I don't care to disclose here.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree, LetThereBeLight! I'm a PhD candidate at Yale and you're 110% correct in your assumptions, which are actually more fact in my research

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree, LetThereBeLight! I'm a PhD candidate at Yale and you're 110% correct in your assumptions, which are actually more fact in my research

You're going to need to do better than that. I want proof, not just your word for it.

LetThereBeLight!

I don't know if you're trolling or just mis-informed, but there was nothing magic about Tesla's research. I am incredibly thankful for his work, as well as terribly sorry for what happened to him (I've got a framed tribute to him on my wall). He was a scientist though, and If he were alive today I don't believe he would approve of your pontification any more than these "powers that be".

His invention for wireless power transmission was demonstrated on a small scale, but nobody at the time had both the funds and the faith to scale it up to what he wanted. The other problem is generating the electrical power in the first place, that "free" wireless energy has to come from somewhere, and simply eliminating the transmission lines does not mean that nobody has to pay for it.

The other fundamental issue I have with what you're saying is that Big Brother is hiding his invention from the world so that they can keep providing us with their electricity. If they have his documents, why don't they just use his technology to deliver our power?

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened

Thank you, tobrien, I appreciate your support greatly. And best of luck to you with your PhD!

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
LetThereBeLight!

I don't know if you're trolling or just mis-informed, but there was nothing magic about Tesla's research. I am incredibly thankful for his work, as well as terribly sorry for what happened to him (I've got a framed tribute to him on my wall). He was a scientist though, and If he were alive today I don't believe he would approve of your pontification any more than these "powers that be".

His invention for wireless power transmission was demonstrated on a small scale, but nobody at the time had both the funds and the faith to scale it up to what he wanted. The other problem is generating the electrical power in the first place, that "free" wireless energy has to come from somewhere, and simply eliminating the transmission lines does not mean that nobody has to pay for it.

The other fundamental issue I have with what you're saying is that Big Brother is hiding his invention from the world so that they can keep providing us with their electricity. If they have his documents, why don't they just use his technology to deliver our power?

So glad to hear of your gratitude for and your recognition of his work!

But I think my well positioned research demonstrates I am not misinformed and funny, isn't it-- that others would claim I was when they choose not to read anything about this great scientist, nor read eyewitness and investigator accounts? (As already stated, I can't be responsible for their choices or lack thereof.)

And there you go again: putting words in my post that were never there-- I never used the word "magic", my friend, so why are you?

Yes, in point of fact, Andrew Carnegie and Westinghouse did have the funds (wealth).

But Tesla's work threatened their profitability and that of others just like when in the 1940's Mr. Tucker's cars stood to put all of Detroit out of business (yet other car companies "stole" his disc brakes, seat belt, center headlight, and much more, once he was set up on phony income tax charges and could never get any more funders for his own work).

Now lets look at your last sentence, "If they have his documents, why don't they just use his technology to deliver our power?"

One, that's the whole point: they keep selling us "our power" whereas Tesla's invention demonstrated everyone would be able to tap into it without cost. Just read last Sunday's New York Times editorial about the suppression of solar energy through untenable tax increases. My point is that anything that would break the dependency chain is a threat.

Two, do you realize the whole energy infrastructure has been founded upon greed, control, obfuscation, and lies?

Third, your unstated assumption-- that the government always has our BEST interest in mind-- defies reality so much I can't believe you would assume that never in our entire history has government oppressed its own citizens!

Lastly, do you really think Almighty God created a planet with finite resources so much so that his homosapiens would have to rely almost exclusively on oil because He short-changed the entire human race?

The bottom line is that those who do change the human race and move it forward are not the dismissive bullies who have disdain for reading, research and having their own assumptions challenged, but are those who dare to believe that they can use their own gifts, prowess and imagination and who have, as history documents, unleashed such innovativeness that the human race is so much better off.

Unfortunately, as you know, greed and suppression both deprived and denied Mr. Tesla-- and by extension every single human being since-- of a quality of life that so few, sadly even here, can imagine.

And that, my friend, is not pontification, but simply truth.

LetThereBeLight!

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
In order to distribute THAT much power to the billions of people in the world, we'd require not only a SUBSTANTIAL network but also enough power to transmit that signal. Even if we do figure out a way to accomplish this while minimizing transmission losses, the receivers would all be tapped to monitor the amount of 'signal' that each household receives.

Based on the above conjecture, there is nothing 'free' about this energy; it will cause the world to fall into ruin by affecting avian and aquatic migration trajectories at the very least...

In my personal opinion, we short changed ourselves when we humans thought that we knew better than the One who knows everything. Going by that train of thought, I can safely say that it is logical to believe that everything we do (good or bad) will be laced with sin. "the love of money is the root of all evil". Honestly, we can replace "money" with anything...life, knowledge, understanding, etc. etc.

Also, human ARROGANCE (yes, arrogance, often confused with Pride) has led people to believe that they can operate off of their OWN ingenuity. These people often forget that they get help from those around them, from their predecessors, from others' research, their professors, educators, mentors, etc. That is an entirely different subject, and can be discussed in a different thread.

I am not blessed with the eloquence that I need to express and organize my thoughts and opinions on this matter, please debate whichever points you feel are appropriate and we'll go from there.

**I mean this in the most friendly way possible, but it seems that through all this research you have done, you haven't completed the most important step, self analysis and cross reference. At the risk of sounding condescending, I believe that it is of utmost importance to do our own thinking and reasoning to learn the things that we may not immediately understand, and we must be willing to keep an open mind.

Last edited:

SPNKr

Newly Enlightened

One, that's the whole point: they keep selling us "our power" whereas Tesla's invention demonstrated everyone would be able to tap into it without cost. Just read last Sunday's New York Times editorial about the suppression of solar energy through untenable tax increases. My point is that anything that would break the dependency chain is a threat.

Two, do you realize the whole energy infrastructure has been founded upon greed, control, obfuscation, and lies?

Third, your unstated assumption-- that the government always has our BEST interest in mind-- defies reality so much I can't believe you would assume that never in our entire history has government oppressed its own citizens!

LetThereBeLight!

I hope I don't come across as being offensive.

One: You keep talking about this. What exactly did Tesla demonstrate? Do you have any written proof from a reliable source? I don't mean some guy who wrote a book. A scientific paper he published maybe? An account of a repeatable experiment? I'm genuinely curious.

Two: And by what do you base this assumption?

Three: The government may not always have your best interest in mind but it definitely has its own best interest in mind. If Tesla really came up with these magical inventions, why would they not use it? Let's use the military as an example. Are you aware of the immense amount of fuel a single modern tank consumes? Historically, the tasks of keeping up logistical supply lines in a war were on far larger scales than actual battles. You don't think after more than a hundred years, your military may have caught on not lost things like the Korean/Vietnam wars?

This next point refers to both point two and three of yours. You seem to assume the USA is the only country in the world, please correct me if I'm wrong. Nikola Tesla was not American, and though he did a lot of his work in the US his findings were certainly not restricted to it. There are many countries who have much to gain from this supposedly infinite energy source and "free" transmission technology. Your energy infrastructure may have been "founded on greed and lies", and your government may "not care about you", but there are certainly governments around the world who do. Are you familiar with CERN? The internet and most of our subatomic physical understanding came from them. They use 1.3 terawatt hours of energy annually, you think some of the brightest minds the world has ever known, concentrated in one place, wouldn't employ the technology you describe? Before you bring it in again, they are far out of reach of your government and its power companies.

I used the world "magical" earlier because the three inventions you described violate physical laws. You state laws are meant to be broken, but I'm sorry that's just not true. In science, for a theory to become a Law it takes an absolutely overwhelming amount of evidence that it is true, and absolutely none about the contrary. It's not something you violate just by writing a few sentences about it. You'd better have a very good, undisputable and repeatable experimental demonstration, which you don't seem to have right now. Regarding these inventions of his, here's my input:

1. His electric car. It was, most likely, a hoax. There is no evidence he did it except the account of a certain Peter Savo, supposedly Nikola Tesla's nephew. There isn't even evidence Savo was his nephew. There is no physical evidence that Tesla ever had such a car.

2. This is a new one to me. I couldn't find any information about it; could you point me to a reliable source? Once again, a reliable source isn't some guy's website, it's a published scientific paper, or in this case at the very least a well regarded newspaper of the time. Tesla did have an oscillator which functioned as an AC electrical generator. Theoretically it seems possible that the oscillating piston could drive the tree and the ground underneath it at its natural frequency and cause resonance, eventually culminating in an earthquake. Realistically, the resonance of the piece of ground and everything on it would be totally different and the damping forces present would mean even a much larger oscillator would do nothing. Additionally, as the device was attached to the tree, the only way it could have transmitted mechanical energy into the ground was through the tree. To cause resonance in the ground, the tree would also have to be resonating with the device and would have simply been shaken to pieces.

3. Wireless transmission; this is a common one, and it is actually possible. In fact we are using it today, though in a smaller form, phone chargers and such. This transmission can be achieved in a variety of ways, which can possibly be useful in different situations. I will not elaborate on this for now as it is a well researched topic. The problem is its efficiency. The greatest problem facing power companies during transmission isn't the laying of wires, those are dirt cheap - it is the power loss when transmitting through these wires. This is the reason we use AC instead of DC to transmit high power electricity and how the world got to know Nikola Tesla in the first place. Wireless transmission of electricity has always been highly inefficient compared to wired transmission, especially so over long ranges. Tesla merely proved the concept is possible, not that it was viable. You seem to have the impression that electrical transmission takes up a large part of your energy bill - it doesn't. Wires are a fixed, sunk cost and again, they are relatively dirt cheap. What you pay for are the fuels and go into generating the power and the upkeep costs of any alternative energy source. Switching to wireless transmission would do absolutely nothing to reduce your power bill, rather it would drive it up because power companies have to produce more to get the same bit to you. Superconductors, on the other hand, are very promising. In this field the US actually has contributed a lot, with three superconducting transmission systems in Long Island, Georgia and New York, more than half of all there is in the world.

Nikola Tesla was a great man and in my mind as well, one of the most under-appreciated scientists there ever was. However, you need to be careful not to exaggerate his claims and his achievements. Tesla did a lot of conceptual experiments and demonstrations but in the real world, numbers matter and very often, you find they don't work in your favour. The Tesla turbine is another example of one of his inventions that has extremely high efficiency in his little model, but in large, practical engines it falls apart. Also, as a member of the scientific community, may I ask politely for you to not label us as slaves of the government, yours or others. While some scientists may be greedy, many of us are in this field simply because of our passion. It doesn't pay well at all. I assure you that if something as world-changing as this were to exist practically, it would be known to some member of the scientific community before the general public such as you. The excitement it would cause would be far greater in the scientific community than in the general public. In a hundred years, someone would have assured it'd come into fruition, especially if blueprints were already in place.

Last edited:

But I think my well positioned research demonstrates I am not misinformed and funny, isn't it-- that others would claim I was when they choose not to read anything about this great scientist, nor read eyewitness and investigator accounts? (As already stated, I can't be responsible for their choices or lack thereof.)

And there you go again: putting words in my post that were never there-- I never used the word "magic", my friend, so why are you?

Yes, in point of fact, Andrew Carnegie and Westinghouse did have the funds (wealth).

But Tesla's work threatened their profitability and that of others just like when in the 1940's Mr. Tucker's cars stood to put all of Detroit out of business (yet other car companies "stole" his disc brakes, seat belt, center headlight, and much more, once he was set up on phony income tax charges and could never get any more funders for his own work).

Now lets look at your last sentence, "If they have his documents, why don't they just use his technology to deliver our power?"

Lastly, do you really think Almighty God created a planet with finite resources so much so that his homosapiens would have to rely almost exclusively on oil because He short-changed the entire human race?

The bottom line is that those who do change the human race and move it forward are not the dismissive bullies who have disdain for reading, research and having their own assumptions challenged, but are those who dare to believe that they can use their own gifts, prowess and imagination and who have, as history documents, unleashed such innovativeness that the human race is so much better off.

Unfortunately, as you know, greed and suppression both deprived and denied Mr. Tesla-- and by extension every single human being since-- of a quality of life that so few, sadly even here, can imagine.

And that, my friend, is not pontification, but simply truth.

LetThereBeLight!

Your first sentence underlines the root of the problem with your entire post. You are basing everything on your "well positioned research", but you haven't cited any peer-reviewed scientific evidence to support what you're saying. You are claiming that the documents to back up your position are being hidden by some government entity, and somehow the author of your reference materials has special knowledge, but they in turn can not disclose the proof. This is a house of cards conspiracy theory, you can build it up all you want, but until there's scientific proof to support your claims, there's nothing there, it's two-dimensional. In scientific you can't just go on faith, the whole concept of science is to question things. We're questioning you, and all you've managed to do is re-state the same ideas in slightly different ways.

No, you didn't use the word magic, I did. That should have been clear. I meant it exactly as I said it.

I didn't say that Carnegie and Westinghouse didn't have the funds, I said that nobody had both funds AND faith. They didn't believe in it. Those that did believe didn't have the funds.

I DO NOT assume that "the government" (I still don't know which government you're referring to) has our best interests in mind. I am suggesting that if they are hiding these documents which are the key to free power, they should be using it, whether it benefits us or not.

Lastly, and perhaps this has something to do with it, I am atheist, so don't bring religion into this, that's just trying to back up an un-proven theory with another un-proven theory. The planet is what it is, because some stuff floating in space stuck together. Oil was a very convenient source of energy, which allowed us to make huge strides in a short amount of time, but it is far from a long-term option for powering the human race in the future.

Don't take what I'm saying personally, I'm not trying to "win" here, I'm trying to get you to think critically. I want you to look at what you're saying and scrutinize it, because if it doesn't stand up to scrutiny, it's nothing more than an un-proven theory. For instance, can you prove that these documents exist?

EDIT: I'd also like to add - If I were to offer my voice in support of your goal of releasing Tesla's hidden invention upon the world, who would it speak to, and what would it say?

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
You just attempted to reinforce a rational argument with an appeal to faith. This is proof-positive that you have been defeated on all rational grounds. Walk away from this argument, you have lost completely.

Here's a tip for getting ahead in life: NOTHING you say matters unless you can MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Last edited:

fyrstormer

Banned
Why are you permitted to get away with "name calling" me a troll? Because I'm a "new", now "enlightened" poster? Because I'm cogent? Because I challenge "conventional" ways of thinking let alone dismissiveness? Because I call people out on their blame assigning and misattributions? Because I dare to summarize (partially) the greatest inventor humanity has ever known and then suffer the blame for what other posters did not dare to read about, or research for themselves? Because I challenged them to read up and about other recent inventors, one of whom is deceased and the other still living? Because I had the creativity to apply one of Tesla's proven concepts to that which all of us here are INCREDIBLY passionate about at this forum-- Flashlights??
No. I call you a troll because you talk a lot (specifically arguing) but you don't do anything. CPF is the most popular portable-lighting forum on the internet because its members MAKE THINGS HAPPEN. If all we did was talk about ideas, CPF would've died a long time ago. Go to your workshop and build a functioning prototype, then post your achievements here. If you do, I will publicly apologize and congratulate you.

Nothing you say matters unless you can make it happen.

fyrstormer

Banned
In order to distribute THAT much power to the billions of people in the world, we'd require not only a SUBSTANTIAL network but also enough power to transmit that signal. Even if we do figure out a way to accomplish this while minimizing transmission losses, the receivers would all be tapped to monitor the amount of 'signal' that each household receives.

Based on the above conjecture, there is nothing 'free' about this energy; it will cause the world to fall into ruin by affecting avian and aquatic migration trajectories at the very least...
It would be even worse than you suppose. First of all, wireless power transmission would require directional antennas to minimize wasted power by broadcasting radio waves into the 99% of the world that doesn't actually need it at any given moment, which would make the infrastructure far more complex than the simple wires we use to transmit power now. Second, the world consumes power at a rate of TENS OF TRILLIONS of watts (~16 terawatt-hours per hour), and that much RF radiation would turn the entire planet into a giant microwave oven. Birds that roost in front of radio towers already die from overheating caused by high-wattage RF exposure from only *thousands* of watts, and the same thing happens to human free-climbers who don't realize what they're doing when they climb radio towers for fun. We already have the Sun radiating half the planet at a time, and it takes all night for the excess heat to dissipate; even if we had the energy reserves to broadcast high-power RF across the entire planet for the purpose of powering devices, the climatic effect of that much RF would make our current climate change look trivial by comparison. Anyone who wants "free energy" is much better-off buying a solar panel and a battery pack.

- - -

On a final note:

"Sometimes a gentleman is someone who intentionally hurts someone's feelings." - M. Scott Peck, M.D.

...I completely agree with Mr. Peck. Keep his wisdom in mind the next time someone hurts your feelings.

Last edited:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
You just attempted to reinforce a rational argument with an appeal to faith. This is proof-positive that you have been defeated on all rational grounds. Walk away from this argument, you have lost completely.

Here's a tip for getting ahead in life: NOTHING you say matters unless you can MAKE IT HAPPEN.

The other proof being that he's bailed out of the arguement, and ignores those who he realises aren't buying his tripe.

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
It would be even worse than you suppose. First of all, wireless power transmission would require directional antennas to minimize wasted power by broadcasting radio waves into the 99% of the world that doesn't actually need it at any given moment, which would make the infrastructure far more complex than the simple wires we use to transmit power now. Second, the world consumes power at a rate of TENS OF TRILLIONS of watts (~16 terawatt-hours per hour), and that much RF radiation would turn the entire planet into a giant microwave oven. Birds that roost in front of radio towers already die from overheating caused by high-wattage RF exposure from only *thousands* of watts, and the same thing happens to human free-climbers who don't realize what they're doing when they climb radio towers for fun. We already have the Sun radiating half the planet at a time, and it takes all night for the excess heat to dissipate; even if we had the energy reserves to broadcast high-power RF across the entire planet for the purpose of powering devices, the climatic effect of that much RF would make our current climate change look trivial by comparison. Anyone who wants "free energy" is much better-off buying a solar panel and a battery pack.

- - -

On a final note:

...I completely agree with Mr. Peck. Keep his wisdom in mind the next time someone hurts your feelings.
that was what I was getting at...scratching the tip of the iceberg so lettherebelight will realize the underlying issues...your direct approach may be a more effective wake up call though, lol

StarHalo

Flashaholic
ilPMIqz0Fu27I.gif