• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

The Titanium Sapphire AAA Light

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
refresh...........................................
refresh...........................................:whistle:

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
One small difference one might think about is the warranty. Acr offers a lifetime warranty. Don has always stood behind his work and appears he has a good warranty too. It's in writing with Arc though.

Don's warranty is also a lifetime, his.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi guys,
I am under the impression that Peter has fine tuned the Arc AAA flashlight. This light is based on the Arc AAA but it has differences which are of basically unknown significance at this point in time. Theory and guess work are the starting point, some empirical study then to test the idea and then ultimately the real world; you guys! :)

We will all know a lot more about these lights once they get into the hands of users and get used! These lights will need to get broken in as is typical of titanium lights and then they need to get some duty time in. Peter and I are using the same titanium hosts here and our methods of assembly may differ. I prefer the open access that Peter is using but since my lights are built with one LE and the intent that the LE serve as designed, I hedged my bet by press fitting the converter and adding a forced silver solder contact in the ground path.

In Peter's offering as well as mine, the host remains the same and unaltered. In my case, the host would be more difficult to "gut" but that is only an issue if one intends to gut the light; which I consider unnecessary but I don't discount the fact that some of you will modify your lights. Why, because you can. :) I would anticipate that some of these will be used as is and provide the utility expected. I expect that some of these will be stripped down completely and given a new surface; be it texture, color or film. Peter's offering is much more receptive to cosmetic alteration than mine.

ibcj

Enlightened
On another note: Don- Thanks for your wave notification thread. It is working well. I often don't check in everyday, but your notification of this light caught my attention.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
On another note: Don- Thanks for your wave notification thread. It is working well. I often don't check in everyday, but your notification of this light caught my attention.

Thanks for the comment. On the down side, I have now received a number of requests as if the wave had been launched and I have had to respond to them and apologize for not accepting them. I plan to take off in a few minutes for some ocean time, come back, and then get ready for the wave and order processing that will follow.

Perhaps it would be easier on all parties to just launch a wave when the time came and no heads up prior to it. :shrug: :thinking:

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
tick.....................................................tock, tick...............................................................................................................tock, tick..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................tock
me too.:mecry:

herrgurka

Newly Enlightened
Well, the actual time in Hawaii is not the problem (UTC/GMT -10 hours) it's the vague definition of afternoon. Technically speaking that could be 00:01 PM, but that's of course a little early for afternoon tea :D

In my time zone, (UTC/GMT +1) the waiting is extra trying, afternoon is long gone and night approaching :tired:

carrot

Flashaholic
Thanks for the comment. On the down side, I have now received a number of requests as if the wave had been launched and I have had to respond to them and apologize for not accepting them. I plan to take off in a few minutes for some ocean time, come back, and then get ready for the wave and order processing that will follow.

Perhaps it would be easier on all parties to just launch a wave when the time came and no heads up prior to it. :shrug: :thinking:

Don I really like it the way you have Waves now with the notification thread. It is very similar to the way Jerry Busse runs his Ganzaas on Bladeforums and that model seems to work well for him.

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
"....Perhaps it would be easier on all parties to just launch a wave when the time came and no heads up prior to it..."

not sure what you mean there don, but i plan to keep sitting here all day if necessary. i want one so bad i can't think straight anymore...

i've been here Refreshing for 7 hours so far, what's another 10 or 12?

Last edited:

charlesn

Enlightened
What a bummer. As afternoon turns to evening here in NYC, I now have family matters to which I must attend, and the hours I've spent waiting for this sales thread to open have turned out to be a complete waste of time. I guess I can close out that "I'll take one" email that I've had ready to go since noon. Good luck to those who can hang in for one of these beauties, as I'm sure they'll be gone in a few minutes.

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don I really like it the way you have Waves now with the notification thread. It is very similar to the way Jerry Busse runs his Ganzaas on Bladeforums and that model seems to work well for him.

I agree with carrot.

No matter what you do, some people just won't get it. I'd hate to see their actions spoil wave notification for those of us who understand the value of patience.

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wave????? you're right Codeman, i just haven't been getting it.

after reading all these threads over and over, i think i'm finally understanding the LAUNCHING THE WAVE thing: instead of sitting around waiting for don to say they're available, we're suppose to subscribe to the special notification thread so we get an instant email telling us they're now available so we can sign-up after that. is that right?...

i never heard of this concept before and searching the term "wave" was no help at all. and really neither was the notification thread that i've been rereading since friday. kind of a Catch-22: if you don't know what it is, how can you know what it is?

"...wave notification for those of us who understand the value of patience...." hummm, i have patience but seem to lack the understanding.

Last edited:

carrot

Flashaholic
OK Coyote:
The Wave notification thread gives us roughly a day's notice before Don posts a Wave -- he'll usually give us details about the lights beforehand and as soon as he posts the sales thread, which is called a Wave, you send an email to Don. If you are lucky and get in early, you will receive a shipping notice soon after and an invoice for payment via email. A few days later a new beauty in the mail for you!

Before that, it was anyone's guess as to when Don would post a new Wave. You'd just hope you were on the forums in time to catch it, which didn't work well for a lot of us because we don't have the time to be omnipresent. The Wave Notification thread helps level the playing field somewhat.