• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

There's a McClicky cutaway mechanical diagram around here...

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
... but I can't find it. Saw it sometime mid-last year. I tried finding it a couple days ago, and just now as well.

Don, and/or Bernie... would you guys happen to remember what thread it might be in?

Edit: It's not in the stickies.

Last edited:

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, Bernie. :) I wonder if I'm mistaken about it being a McClicky diagram. Is the McE2S a different clicky switch?

If I see the diagram, I'll definitely remember it.

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
This might help? :shrug: McClickie popped apart.

IMG_1150.jpg

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haha... beat me to it, Illum! I just found a similar pic here as well. That's exactly what I was looking for (well, it was what I remembered, but am really after the McClicky), and ya' found it 30 minutes faster than I did! :rock:

Actually, that's a tremendous help, Kenster! Now, if I could only shave that thing down to about 10 - 11mm. :devil:

Thanks, gentlemen. :thumbsup:

Sorry, Don. One of your McClicky's is about to go on a serious diet. I'm at this MM switch thing again (not sure if you remember).

Last edited:

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hehe... now that'd be something very interesting to see. Do you have any pics of a shaved down McClicky?

I'm attempting to do this. It's become a real quest, and have recently moved it up to the front burner again. :crazy:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Bimmerboy,
Well before I designed and had the McClickie switch made (off shore), I had a design for a clickie switch which had a nickel plated brass can which was threaded and 1/2" OD as I recall. This was an idea for a switch which could replace the Kroll in any number of applications (adaptive bushings required in many cases). I even contacted JUDCO (the manufacturer of the Kroll switch) for a quote but after hearing a ball park of $40K I accepted my humble place in the food chain and went on to other things.....

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bimmerboy, not this old delema again?!?! :eek: Yes, I have had all kinds of fun with various modification ideas to the Kroll. Strange mixes of Kroll, McClickie, Niteyes, Judco,.... blah, BLAH, BLAH. Single and two stage. A lot of them came out :sick2: some so so :rolleyes: but I think a couple were pretty cool. :cool: Uhhh.... OK a couple were pretty OK. :p Problem is that I didn`t post about these before my last computer went :poof: and unfortunately I hadn`t made any back for my pictures. :banghead: Maybe it`s time to do some more playing around with the Kroll and post some pictures this time or at least make backup copies for down the road when this Kroll deal comes up yet AGAIN! :rolleyes: Actually, there is a thread that recenlty popped up AGAIN in the custom & modified section. I have wanted to post but I don`t have my pictures. :banghead:

Ken :grin2:

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL... yup, Kenster... I'm hacking away on this old saw yet again! :D

I kinda' have to. One of my mods is a small, yet high output incan based on the Minimag... but it can't shut off. To do so means unscrewing the tailcap, and taking the batts out. This is highly NOT user friendly, and a pain in the rump, but it also causes a few flickers while turning on and off. Not sure if that has an effect on filament life or not, but it likely doesn't help, and H1499 bulbs are expensive, and more rare than hen's teeth.

So, you've done a bunch of experimentation on this as well, eh? I'd totally love to hear about your experiences in that thread, started by someone (wonder who the dude is ;) ), which has resurfaced after 3/4's of a year. :poke:

Don - Yes, I remember that figure as part of your reply to my quest for help last year. I've recently re-read it, and was reminded of what a great response it was. It wasn't what I wanted to hear of course, but it was so interesting and informative, that I thoroughly enjoyed it. Truly one of my all-time favorite posts. Thanks again for that!

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL... yup, Kenster... I'm hacking away on this old saw yet again! :D

So, you've done a bunch of experimentation on this as well, eh? I'd totally love to hear about your experiences in that thread, started by someone (wonder who the dude is ;) ), which has resurfaced after 3/4's of a year. :poke:

:huh2: So..... YOU?!?! :eeksign: are THE ONE?!?! :twak: J/K :D

OK, I will see if I can get my Krazy Kenster flashaholic booty :p back into this good old Kroll Switch dilemma :ohgeez:and meet you over in Custom & Modified. ;)

Last edited: