Thin affordable watch?

TFin04

Newly Enlightened
Looking for a watch with a super thin face, black leather or synthetic band and is fairly inexpensive ($50ish). I'm hard on my watches and do not need anything spectacular.

I work at a bank in a dress shirt, tie, and black dress pants. It would need to fit in that setting, as well as jeans and a nice shirt.

Being thin is the biggest factor here. Some of the 'swiss' watches interest me (with the swiss army knife logo).

Pics would help!

Tech a Billy

Newly Enlightened
Take a look at Skagen watches. I have the Model 233LTMB. It's got a metal band and it costs about $100, but it sure is extremely thin. A fine dress watch.

SJACKAL

Enlightened
Man, if you work in a bank wearing dress shirt pants tie and all, a watch is probably one of your most important accessory, other than your belt, shoes and pen. In fact, thats why a lot of people notice in you other than your general turnout. So you probably would want to up your budget.

Thin Swiss watches, look at Edox brand.

changsn

Newly Enlightened
I've got one (Swiss Army logo), but most of what I've seen sure aren't thin...good luck
Sam

TFin04

Newly Enlightened
SJACKAL said:
Man, if you work in a bank wearing dress shirt pants tie and all, a watch is probably one of your most important accessory, other than your belt, shoes and pen. In fact, thats why a lot of people notice in you other than your general turnout. So you probably would want to up your budget.

Thin Swiss watches, look at Edox brand.

I have a nice watch I wear now, I just hate metal bands. My arm hair gets stuck in it and it bugs me all day long.

I have found some nice watches in my price range, although I admit my price range is a bit low. I dont usually wear a watch every day either, so I didn't want to spend a lot of money on one.

It doesn't HAVE to be a swiss watch, I just remember seeing one with a swiss army logo that I liked. Any ideas would be great.

Something like this:

L941610.jpg

Last edited:

paulr

Flashaholic
Swatch has an ultra thin line but I think they start around $100.

TFin04

Newly Enlightened
I could prob do about a hundred.

Pulsar seemed to have some I like, anybody have opinions on them?

They sell them at a department store (Kohls) where my girlfriend works, so she can get a 15% discount on any of them. Are they a good brand?

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tech a Billy said:
Take a look at Skagen watches. I have the Model 233LTMB. It's got a metal band and it costs about $100, but it sure is extremely thin. A fine dress watch.

The Skagen's are very nice. I found some at a discount store one time for half price(around $60.00), and I should have bought one. I went back to get one, and they were all gone. :(
Skagen makes a few with leatherbands. I saw a few on Ebay(item #8935048140) when I was looking.
Let us know what you decide.

Blades

MScottz

Newly Enlightened
Go with the Skagen - very nice and about the thinnest you can get for the price. People do pay attention and make judgements on this type stuff. Very shallow, but it happens.

TFin04

Newly Enlightened
Any opinion on Citizen watches? I've found some nice ones in the $130ish range that are what I'm looking for.

How is the quality? It's one of their "Eco-Drive" watches.

TFin04

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, the Stiletto was the version I was looking for. Good watch?

BobVA

Enlightened
TFin04 said:
Yeah, the Stiletto was the version I was looking for. Good watch?

I had one - didn't care for the strap but the watch was great and EXTREMELY thin. Pretty amazing they can pack a solar watch in that small amount of space.

Cheers,
Bob

Moe

Newly Enlightened
Take a look at the Swatch "Skin" product line. They come in many different designs and are only 3.9 mm thick.