This should be easy, but there are SO MANY HEADLAMPS!

hopkins

Enlightened
I have both wide beam and narrow beam headlamps. In the day time when working in or under a car I really prefer the
narrow beam head lamp to illuminate the bolt, screw, etc down past all the hoses and wire harnesses. Eyes are daylight
adapted already so a narrow beam is necessary not a wide floody beam that lights up the parts I can already see.

Plus there is the illuminated nose syndrome for some wide beam lamps. Advertisement pictures deceitfully never show the
wide beam headlamps actually strapped on a users head, switched on, so you can see how their nose catches photons.

1sing9.jpg

Esko

Enlightened
blgentry, nice to hear of you again. I got the impression that you considered the SD52 to be the best option, it was just too expensive. And wanted to say that there is a discount price for it, which makes the cost practically equal. Your other choice was h502, which has neither reflector nor magnet. Just like the SD52 without accessories.

Anyway, if you think that the st5 beam is wide enough with the reflector and a clear lens, you obviously bought the right headlamp. H502 and sd52 would have been considerably more floody. Nice choice. :thumbsup:

bill_n_opus

Enlightened
blgentry, nice to hear of you again. I got the impression that you considered the SD52 to be the best option, it was just too expensive. And wanted to say that there is a discount price for it, which makes the cost practically equal. Your other choice was h502, which has neither reflector nor magnet. Just like the SD52 without accessories.

Anyway, if you think that the st5 beam is wide enough with the reflector and a clear lens, you obviously bought the right headlamp. H502 and sd52 would have been considerably more floody. Nice choice. :thumbsup:

I noticed the "discount price" part ... :) Could you please reveal where one can find this? Thanks!

rojos

Enlightened
I noticed the "discount price" part ... :) Could you please reveal where one can find this? Thanks!

I don't know if we can link sales info here, but you can probably find it yourself if you look in the "Dealer's Corner" over at CPFM.

Last edited:

Esko

Enlightened
Direct links are not favored, but the store is hkequipment, you can google it. On the other hand, the Black Friday sales are still going on and a few stores have something like 20% discounts on all Spark lights, too. Going Gear was one of them. You can check Dealer's Corner at Marketplace for more information.