Thor 10-Million Candle Power Spotlight ???

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
larryk,

thanks for the honest answer, which makes it all that much harder. I have a "big" birthday coming up and if I suggested it, the wifey would buy it-albeit, with at least one raised eyebrow (she still thinks mags are nice lights). Problem is, I'm the cheap b-stard, so I can't suggest it.

cheese

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
South of Milwaukee, Sam Johnson's town /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif-no relation unfortunately. Maybe after I get my 600 watt aircraft landing light together, AND it's convincingly bright, we should see how it compares to the Maxabeam. Eh, no, that'll just end up costing me more money. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/broke.gif

cheese

fracman

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone got one? I am willing to buy oone and check it out. I have an x-990 for a side-by-side....

Topper

Flashaholic*
Hi fracman, I ordered one when I saw it but do not have anything to compare it with. SF M4 with the 350lumen lamp is the brightest light I have and it is no match for the THOR 10 MILL CP. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Topper

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Er, I don't need to say this, but I will, an X990 will spank any 100 watt spotlight, even if it is described as the world's most powerful hand-held spotlight ever made over all space and time (i.e. 10 million candle power)-since that's all marketing hype.

cheese

Topper

Flashaholic*
Hi chessehead, As I have stated before I do not sell them nor do I work for anyone that does. If you have A X990 and Have A THOR 10 MILLION CP well spank it! Show me the SPANK!
I would love for someone any one that has one do just that.
The Add says 10 MILLION the box says 10 MILLION. So what if I have not cooked A bird in flight. I have not seen anyone that has one knock it yet. Better yet send me A X990 and I will SPANK it for you! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Topper
ps I will return the X990

Topper

Flashaholic*
Sway, I type with one or two fingers at best. I do have A camera but I do not know how to post beamshots. I can look for a local driving range? I do not play golf but I have seen driving ranges that post distance. If I can find one close by I think I could take A beamshot put it on a floppy and mail it to someone more adapt than myself.
Topper

Topper

Flashaholic*
Hi cheesehead, I gather from your last post you do not have either lights. Not sure what A HID is as I do not have one. I Think they are brighter but as I do not have one I could not say.
Topper

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Topper,

Nope, don't have either, but I have a bag of 100 watt lights and the Vector 200 watter (2 bulbs) and there's barely any difference. Thor is also based on a 100 watt bulb (and I did set out to find one, since it sounded like a silly cheap price, but they were gone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif). Overall, I share your enthusiasm, all the 100 watters are great lights. I still remember my first time, the wife yelled "what the h--l is going on, I thought aliens were landing in the backyard."

cheese

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
phyhsuts said:
H4 bulb? Sounds strange. The H4 has two filaments. One is nornally used for main beam and the other for dipped beam in an automobile. Automotive spotlights do not use H4 lamps. They use H1, H2, H3 or H7 bulbs, all of which have a single filament. The HID halogen part must refer to the halogen lamps with blue glass envelopes used to increase the colour temperature of the light (Blue Vision, Cool Blue etc. etc.). Note that this actually decrease the light output of the lamp slightly ( Osram claims 1400lm for their CB vs 1600 lm for their normal 55W H3s).

[/ QUOTE ]

Prob not an H4. Although, having high and low beams for a spotlight would be something different.

Topper

Flashaholic*
Hi All, The THOR 10 MILL CP has A low beam setting. I assumed all spotlights had that feature since this is the first one I ever had. There are two toggles on the left hand side Hi & Low The right side has the charging points
AC or DC. I would have mentioned it before if I new that was why it had A H-4 bulb. Well I feel like an Idiot but I am almost used to that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif
Topper

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Join the club, I think I'm the current grand poobah idiot.

I'm still confused, since some spotlights have a low setting that drops the voltage on the same filament. If the THOR has 2 separate filaments then I need to get one after all. Somehow this doesn't make too much sense since the two filaments in H4's are pretty similar in wattage-and flipping between the two would change the focal point of the light,...

Ah, fine, I've re-read this entire thread and missed the part about it weighing 11 lbs, I NEED THAT LIGHT! Did you get it from Cabela's?

cheese

Topper

Flashaholic*
Hi cheesehead, I got the one at Cabela's because I have the VISA card they promote. When I buy stuff (from anywhere) I get "points" so I cashed in my "points" I had earned (mostly buying Surefire's and Knives) to get the light.
I double checked the light and it looks like at low power it somehow cuts the top off the beam if I am explaining that right.
Topper /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cheesehead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds right to me. Eh, it's 11 lbs, so I have no choice. Have you tried out the run-time? I mean, no reason to drive it into the ground, but I assume it does 20-30 minutes without a problem.

cheese

Topper

Flashaholic*
I have charged it twice but I did not pay much attention to run time. I will be happy to get back with you about that.
I have it on now but as I already stated I have played with it since I charged it up.
Topper