• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Thrunite TN42vn 2018 - Best Rounded Thrower R

hahoo

Enlightened
We have posted it before. Osram does not bin their LEDs. One reel of black flats could include many different brightness bins of black flats.

That could very well explain the lux difference, or it could just be not as good of a focusing job on the lesser lux one as well.

or light be a few inches closer to the lux meter, diff ambient light, different person holding the light, lux meter battery tad lower, lux meter just being a lux meter, etc........
thats really not that much diff at all at that level

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
or light be a few inches closer to the lux meter, diff ambient light, different person holding the light, lux meter battery tad lower, lux meter just being a lux meter, etc........
thats really not that much diff at all at that level

yah I shined the 1.1 and the 1.23 to a distant tree and can barelyyyy see a little difference. Actually I dont know if I actually saw a difference or its just mentality as I know the meters reads more LOL

hahoo

Enlightened
if the kelvin is off by a few hundred between the 2 actual leds, it might throw it off also.
ive heard most lux meters favor a higher kelvin, or more pure white light
something else to consider:thumbsup:

Agpp

Enlightened
We have posted it before. Osram does not bin their LEDs. One reel of black flats could include many different brightness bins of black flats.

That could very well explain the lux difference, or it could just be not as good of a focusing job on the lesser lux one as well.

Enderman and koef3 at BLF claimed otherwise - that reels are unbinned, but emitters within each reel are quite consistent.

Last edited:

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I figured out what cft stands for "crazy freaking thrower".
Good one! It does appear to be the pinnacle of the category, given amazing (if not record breaking) throw, the humongous hot spot, and 2/5 the weight of the BLF-GT. And while $600 isn't an economy light, it's more than fair for a light of this caliber!

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
By the way, if tn42/tn40vn owner changing the battery, do not hold the bezel to change it.. it will misaligned the focus..

you should hold the middle part of light and not touching the bezel. This is how I remove the battery carrier..

Last edited:

hahoo

Enlightened
yah I shined the 1.1 and the 1.23 to a distant tree and can barelyyyy see a little difference. Actually I dont know if I actually saw a difference or its just mentality as I know the meters reads more LOL

what lux meter you running these days vinhn ?
you still shooting at 7 meters, of have you stretched it out some ?

LichtAn!

Enlightened
Can you calculate how big the hotspot at X meters is? I'm curious if I could really take use of this light when walking the dog for example.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Can you calculate how big the hotspot at X meters is? I'm curious if I could really take use of this light when walking the dog for example.

TN42vn with Oslon is definitely not a dog walking light, TN42vn90 is not even ideal but does serves the task much better.