• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Thrunite TN42vn 2018 - Best Rounded Thrower R

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
I hate building with the Oslon LED but every successful project turns out amazing. I absolutely love this LED!

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Can you calculate how big the hotspot at X meters is? I'm curious if I could really take use of this light when walking the dog for example.

Only way for me to measure hot spot VS distance is to do multiple measurement up to like at least 100m and then graph and extrapolate....

giorgoskok

Newly Enlightened
Don't worry about the GT ...

There will be at least another light coming soon with massive 120mm reflector and it will be pretty light too . :)

Last edited:

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast
This one turned out Fiat Lux too. Everything is 100% perfect. But he didn't buy engraving. :p

That's a shame---My K40vn is a Fiat Lux not engraved--At times I want to send it back to get engraving---All I have to do is turn it on and it reminds me how Perfect it is--I'll never sell it

Issue

Enlightened
Which mod do you think will be most inpressive?

I have the tk61vn today as best thrower which is the last light i got from vinh. I think it is 600-650klux. Will this light make a lot difference?

1 million lux is very tempting to own but i feel that it is more important to buy a light that impress my eyes.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Which mod do you think will be most inpressive?

I have the tk61vn today as best thrower which is the last light i got from vinh. I think it is 600-650klux. Will this light make a lot difference?

1 million lux is very tempting to own but i feel that it is more important to buy a light that impress my eyes.

TN42vn90 will impress your eyes more than Tn42vnOslon

But your TK61vn is still excellent. It has more lumen than TN42vnOSlon and may that alone is more impressive to your eyes.

Issue

Enlightened
TN42vn90 will impress your eyes more than Tn42vnOslon

But your TK61vn is still excellent. It has more lumen than TN42vnOSlon and may that alone is more impressive to your eyes.

Thanks! :)

How would you say TK61vn compare to TN42vn90? Is the difference worth the money?

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks! :)

How would you say TK61vn compare to TN42vn90? Is the difference worth the money?

The TN42vn90 is going to have a very much larger hot spot than the TK61vn, which IMO makes it a much more useful light.
(Full disclosure: my son has a TK61vn, but I havn't seen a TN42vn90)

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
More to come later but i needed to post this. The throw on the tn42vn Oslon is no joke. I measured the BLF gt at 1.2 million lux. The Tn42vn Oslon a whopping 1.589M cd. Test done at 10 meters. I took about 6 measurements. All were over 1.5m cd Here it is vs the GT on a low exposure shot and its clearly more intense. I believe this is a real 1.5M cd light. I know vinh is measuring around 1.3m cd but he also measures very conservatively.

20180126_013521 by Alex Littig, on Flickr
20180125_203300 by Alex Littig, on Flickr

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Like I said more will come later. Sunday night maybe

Took the TN42vn Oslon out last night. So impressive when I really let it stretch! Whoooo What a light!
Took GT out too and of course it was impressive. May be a cooler tint is better though...Come to think about it Oslon can lose 500K tint and the GT can gain 500K LOL

Last edited: