• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Ti 2xAA McClickie Pak wave

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoops - 1.5 hrs on high, then 15 min more on medium.

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
There isn't any appreciable difference, though I suspect a light meter might show some.

fyrstormer

Banned
Since Eneloops don't have low-voltage cutoff circuits, when the batteries can't sustain the necessary wattage, does the light shut off, drop down a level, or drop out of regulation without changing levels?

Per-Sev

Enlightened
Whoops - 1.5 hrs on high, then 15 min more on medium.

You ran your Haiku XP-G on high for 1.5 hours with the 2xAA tail pack I was just curious about how it handled the heat did you run it constant or at timed intervals and let it cool down. How long do you think it would run on low with that set up.

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since Eneloops don't have low-voltage cutoff circuits, when the batteries can't sustain the necessary wattage, does the light shut off, drop down a level, or drop out of regulation without changing levels?

It simply drops a level. Once on low, at some point the converter becomes unable to change levels (until new cells are put) and eventually it flashes on/off for a while before completely shutting down.

You ran your Haiku XP-G on high for 1.5 hours with the 2xAA tail pack I was just curious about how it handled the heat did you run it constant or at timed intervals and let it cool down. How long do you think it would run on low with that set up.

I wouldn't run it on high continuously very often, like I did with my test, but it handled the heat pretty well. The head certainly never got too hot to hold. I didn't take the time to find out how long it will run on low, but my guess would be 24-48 hours.

Per-Sev

Enlightened
I wouldn't run it on high continuously very often, like I did with my test, but it handled the heat pretty well. The head certainly never got too hot to hold. I didn't take the time to find out how long it will run on low, but my guess would be 24-48 hours.[/QUOTE]

Thanks its nice to know what my new light can handle your time spent testing lights is greatly appreciated. Per-Sev

BigHonu

Flashlight Enthusiast
GAH!!!!!!!

Must resist!!!!!!

Well, this would make the light too long for EDC anyway...

But Brian, you can run the 123 pack with primaries when you go out and switch to the 2xAA + Eneloops at home. Look at it! It's a great looking piece! You can save money by spending it!

Well, you have done fine without it for this long.

So why do you keep opening this thread?

GAH!!!!!!!!!!

Per-Sev

Enlightened
I have only had my 2xAA Haiku for a few days but it is my EDC and I find the handling quality's to be very good and as long as your pockets are not to shallow it carries just fine. I would not consider carrying anything else you just seem to know when you find that special something and as much as I like buying things this will be my EDC for many years.

tino_ale

Flashlight Enthusiast
would you say the output was reduced from 1 x 123?
According to my bench supply testing the LE remains in regulation down to about 2V, so the difference in light output should be minimal, if any.

At 2V you see a very obvious drop of output, which is a very good think to protect your Ni-MH rechargeable from overdischarge. Once you've noticed it has fainted it is time to swap batteries.