• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Ti Mule Nichia 119 High CRI - Arrived !! - Lots of images

Bass

Enlightened
Dan, these are fantastic shots :thumbsup: Your speciality and I was hoping you would do your stuff!. I won't even attempt any beamshots - no point with beamshots this good.

The plastic flower is an interesting one - The Sundrop with 083B is the winner for me. The CCT helps here, makes it more neutral but also brings out the colours nicely.

I like the look of the Haiku in your Fender shot, really pops the wood colouring. I imagine the Haiku is ideal for outside, the slightly warmer CCT makes foliage more attractive and the nice beam on the Haiku seems to give it decent throw. The Mule with 119 looks great outside but has no throw.

Thanks again !

:wave:

scout24

Flashaholic
Bass- wonderful photos of the Mule!!! Dan- the beamshots capture the differences nicely, my 17yr old son would love the Fender, I bought him his first Strat for Christmas two years ago.:twothumbs

ibcj

Enlightened
run4jc - Any chance you could do some outdoor beamshots of the Haiku XPG vs. the Haiku CRI ? Interested in seeing how the two beams compare with something a little further away.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
run4jc - Any chance you could do some outdoor beamshots of the Haiku XPG vs. the Haiku CRI ? Interested in seeing how the two beams compare with something a little further away.
y

I will do my best - it requires that I swap engines, but that's not a big deal. Hopefully it can be done tonight...if weather allows. If not, it will be several days. I'll post here if it can be done.

:thumbsup:

easilyled

Flashaholic
Many thanks for the excellent beamshot comparisons, Dan. :thumbsup:

They demonstrate the color rendition qualities of the Nichia 119 expertly in comparison to the Sundrop and the conventional XPG L.E.

rare1

Newly Enlightened
These pictures are really pushing my close to the edge.

Thanks for sharing all the great info!

fyrstormer

Banned
Great photos! Nice and clear. I always did think the Aleph Mule would look great in Ti, and I was right. :D

Can someone stuff a Nichia 119 LE into a Sundrop XR-U and take a picture of the beam?

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
With all the 'renewed' interest in the high CRI mule and Haiku, I decided to bump up Bass' thread. His photos of the Mule are still some of the most beautiful photos I've seen...

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Below is photo comparing the beams of a Sundrop 3S 083B and a HDS 140 GT. It's interesting how different the Hi CRI beam is compared with a 'Guaranteed Tint' emitter.

sundropv140gt006.jpg

James....
Your photos are FANTASTIC.!!! I admit to feeling a little let down though.... I was hoping for some pics showing the beam and color rendering, particularly compared to other lights.

Don, time to break out the Tide bottle!! :crackup:

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi James, personally I always find the 140 GT to be too cool for my liking. When I ordered the 140 GT then, I was expecting to get something that looks like a creamy white tint. Anyway, I sold it off to Kaichu Dento whose friend needed a replacement clicky which he had lost. It's still a nice light, I just thought that I don't need it since I have a 170 Tactical and 100 high CRI at that time.

The tint from the Sundrop is beautiful, and so is the Mule high CRI. I had a hard time deciding which one I should be getting, but I ended up with the high CRI Mule. I am glad I did because I just love the amazingly smooth wall of light without hotspot.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Hey, speaking of that 140GT, I was talking to him the other day, and although he really preferred the hCRI of my light and his first Clicky, says he's still very, very happy. Still must say though that with lights that I expected to have a warmer tint than they were in actuality, both the 140GT and Sundrop were much cooler than I'd hoped for and I suspect that with my present experience with McG's, this hCRI Mule is the one I see on my horizon.
Hi James, personally I always find the 140 GT to be too cool for my liking. When I ordered the 140 GT then, I was expecting to get something that looks like a creamy white tint. Anyway, I sold it off to Kaichu Dento whose friend needed a replacement clicky which he had lost. It's still a nice light, I just thought that I don't need it since I have a 170 Tactical and 100 high CRI at that time. The tint from the Sundrop is beautiful, and so is the Mule high CRI. I had a hard time deciding which one I should be getting, but I ended up with the high CRI Mule. I am glad I did because I just love the amazingly smooth wall of light without hotspot.

Z'ha'dum

Newly Enlightened
I think it's time I finally order a custom light.
To the OP: Excellent pics but I prefer the LP to the Strat :)

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, speaking of that 140GT, I was talking to him the other day, and although he really preferred the hCRI of my light and his first Clicky, says he's still very, very happy. Still must say though that with lights that I expected to have a warmer tint than they were in actuality, both the 140GT and Sundrop were much cooler than I'd hoped for and I suspect that with my present experience with McG's, this hCRI Mule is the one I see on my horizon.
Good to know. I have always been wondering how your friend like the 140GT.

Anyway, the high CRI on McGizmo lights are cooler in tint than the ones offered by HDS. Personally I am not sure which one I prefer. I guess I like both very much, and since getting my High CRI Haiku and Mule, I have been using them everyday. Do note that the Mule is really a very specialized light. It is excellent when used in built up areas, but I think the only application outdoors I could think of would be an around the campsite light. I prefer the Haiku for an outdoors light and if I need more flood a Surefire F04 diffuser works quite well with it.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
Good to know. I have always been wondering how your friend like the 140GT.

Anyway, the high CRI on McGizmo lights are cooler in tint than the ones offered by HDS. Personally I am not sure which one I prefer. I guess I like both very much, and since getting my High CRI Haiku and Mule, I have been using them everyday. Do note that the Mule is really a very specialized light. It is excellent when used in built up areas, but I think the only application outdoors I could think of would be an around the campsite light. I prefer the Haiku for an outdoors light and if I need more flood a Surefire F04 diffuser works quite well with it.
That's a valuable point for anyone thinking about a mule-style beam pattern. They're great for campsite, room search or other close-range usage, but no good for trail running as the beam is too bright right at your feet, with no light reaching down the trail or road.

nbp

Flashaholic
If you want the smooth even beam with a bit more throw a SunDrop would probably fit better.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it's time I finally order a custom light.
To the OP: I prefer the LP to the Strat :)

Me, too...just more color in the Strat....just fyi, Bass was the OP and gets credit for some of the very nicest photos of lights I've ever seen! His photos are why I bumped the thread - not my photos!

Bass

Enlightened
Thanks for the reference Dan and also for bumping up this thread! I've been following the renewed interest in Don's CRI models on the forum and it's great to see. These really are the most amazing lights in terms of looks, build, function and utility.

I'll leave the excellent beamshots to Dan, he's so much better at it but I do have a new Mule shot to share :) Taken just before the Autumn and the shedding of the Maples beautifull colour leaves.

Mule_Japanese-Maple.jpg