• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Ti Sweet

antc_tw2002

Newly Enlightened
Here are some photo of my XR27 :)
1457ff7ff7d357.jpg

1457ff7ffa6ba9.jpg

1457ff7ffd6200.jpg

1457ff80008170.jpg

1457ff8003587e.jpg

1457ff8005e666.jpg

1457ff80091eec.jpg

1457ff800cb90c.jpg

Thank you!

photorob

Enlightened
I though initially that only three lights were being sold. How many of these things are out there. I'm only talking about the XR27 version.

dirkp

Enlightened
photorob said:
I though initially that only three lights were being sold. How many of these things are out there. I'm only talking about the XR27 version.

it seems , that you dont trust me .................................... here are my ones. the pics are not so nice, but you can see my stuff
smile.gif

grennderungcimg1222ex4.jpg

grennderungwiederbelichci6.jpg

photorob

Enlightened
dirkp said:
it seems , that you dont trust me .................................... here are my ones. the pics are not so nice, but you can see my stuff
smile.gif

No I definitely trust you. I'm actually surprised you don't own more then one.

dirkp

Enlightened
photorob said:
No I definitely trust you. I'm actually surprised you don't own more then one.

you know me better than i ........ yes, i have 2 27er's :whistle:
but the other one is my ligt which i use at work , so it is not here at home :)

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lot of these have the color balance off enough to almost make them look like they have a TiN coating.
TiN would be a nice option to offer for real, btw.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Good point Andy but before offering colors or platings of primarily cosmetic nature, I would first address the surface finish itself as a cosmetic issue. This has not been part of these lights and offerings and I have not been clear enough about them in that regard. These parts come to me with tool marks and other surface blemishes and I make no claim or attempt to remove them. I have removed a number of parts from use because of blatent surface irregularities of purely cosmetic nature but for the most part, it is clear that these parts have been handled by people and machinery and there are marks that show this. :shrug:

One of the drawing points to Ti for me is the fact that no plating or film IS required. Certainly they can be dressed up with different surface finishes as well as coatings. I leave that to the owner. :eek:

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I get a new light that is finished darn near perfect, I'm hesitant to actually use it, not wanting to damage it. With my XR19-C already having some very light and quite acceptable imperfections, I have no such worries. Carry it, use it, and with Ti, don't worry about it!

My first real use was tonight. I heard a soft animal sound coming from my patio area that I hadn't heard before, so I headed out of the front of the house and came around the side. I'm not sure who was startled more - me, or the 2 rabbits makin' whoopie! They froze when the beam hit them. Apparently it wasn't enough to scare 'em off, though, because when I got back inside, the sound was still there.

I'm really liking the smaller, and thus brighter, flood of the XR19-C.

Last edited:

AndyTiedye

Flashlight Enthusiast
McGizmo said:
Good point Andy but before offering colors or platings of primarily cosmetic nature, I would first address the surface finish itself as a cosmetic issue.

Coatings are an indulgence here, and so is the surface finish.
I was being foolish. You wisely avoid giving the lights a perfect finish,
in the hopes that the lights you build will actually be EDC'ed and used,
rather than languishing on the shelf -- the usual fate of things collectable.
You are totally up-front about this.

This has not been part of these lights and offerings and I have not been clear enough about them in that regard.

It seems to me that you have been unmistakably clear. Yes, when I
examine the light under a magnifying glass, I can find a few tiny scratches
that might have come from the machining process. You said there would
be.

Fringe

Enlightened
As far as sending a light as this back because of scratches, rediculous. The thing is made of titanium people, not platinum. Let's see, why would Don make lights out of Ti? Probably becasue it is the finest metal for a product that is intended to be USED and I mean USED HARD. These lights are bullet proof and a few scratches are character in my book.

I think we should have a new thread, one where we do insane testing, like shoot Don's Ti lights with a .22 long ball and see how it looks.
Anyone set up for this?

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi why spoil the TI looks, anyway, that is why i purchased, it in the first place hide the titanium natural look seems beyond me , but this is my opinion. do as you wish I just like it the way nature intended. or am i out of my depth, is titanium man made.im amateur in this respect.and absolutely no disrespect to anyone, wanting to change theirs. oh MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERY ONE ON CPF.