• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Ti Sweet

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Fringe said:
As far as sending a light as this back because of scratches, rediculous.
I agree, in Don's sale thread (Or somewhere. :thinking: ) he said that these lights double as wheel chocks. :laughing:

I have used and abused my Ti PD since I received it new from Don. Sure it had scratches when I got it. Truth be told Ti scratches pretty easily. However the scratches are just surface scratches. If you must, they can buff out with a lil elbow grease. My Ti Pd is covered with surface scratches, so much that it looks like it is supposed to be like that. The integrity of the light howevr has not changed, no gouges, dents, etc., just tiny minor scratches.

I think some people figure since they are spending $$$ on a light that it should be perfect on arrival. I guess they dont see Don's disclaimer, these lights are far from perfect Cosmetically. But they are garunteed to be functional!

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
functional is the key.if i can throw my ti xr19 on the table with my wallet, without worrying about damage.that is fine .this light will not be a exhibition piece in my case.it will be put through its paces.my guess is the scratches. are ,but a few microns deep, i am not a professor, on such matters though.

regards and MERRY CHRISTMAS
JOHN.

AlecGold

Enlightened
It's just like a wedding ring: newly it shines a bit to much, but after time it gets scratches and little nicks, perhaps even a small dent? But it just shows character, patina, it shows it is withstanding the tooth of time, it is perhaps not the newest version 3.1.2.3, but it has been made well, functional and very neatly. Just like my 6P incan that has several small places that the HAII has become thin or even a little scratched. Real conneiseurs can see the value of the logo at the boot: Laser Products, fountainvalley CA. Just like my Ti ballpoint, made at McLarens F1 shop, I've repollished that beauty already several times!
It has been used a lot and it shows, but it also will show workmanship, quality of used materials, finnish and the care that has been taken by the owner to remove dust and sand, whipe it off with fresh water if it has been used in marine environments, oil it's rings and rubber bootie etc. etc.

In some way its just a bit pitty that I'm only now climbing on the McGizmo waggon! I'll get a nice XR19-C this weekend or early next week, but it's a fresh one and it will take some time before it gets a well used, trusted and highly respected servant.

AlecGold

Enlightened
But where are my manners?!

Those are some very nice pictures! I could only dream of making such sweeeet eye-candy!

antc_tw2002

Newly Enlightened
More pics..... :)
145acc89d80715.jpg

145acc89db9b73.jpg

145acc89e6b98c.jpg

145acc89de3c13.jpg

145acc89e18a0f.jpg

145acca0367742.jpg

145acca0412034.jpg

145acca04ba773.jpg