TITANER ET20, Titanium AAA light

greg c

Newly Enlightened
It looks like Titaner is the reborn Versati company (can anyone confirm or deny?). Their first light the ET10 was nice...until the switch mechanisms started failing (some even right out of the box). The switching mechanism of this light looks very similar. Having been burned with no response from the old Versati I'm finding it hard to get excited about this one.

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
I was looking at one in the marketplace and of course searched for a review and got here. I will say it looks interesting. One thing, and I dont know its just me or what, but it looks small/reasonably sized in your hand, but compared to the other lights show (many of which I have owned) it is MUCH larger than I expected. ( like bltkmt said)...

It looks like Titaner is the reborn Versati company (can anyone confirm or deny?). Their first light the ET10 was nice...until the switch mechanisms started failing (some even right out of the box). The switching mechanism of this light looks very similar. Having been burned with no response from the old Versati I'm finding it hard to get excited about this one.

Their website drives me crazy (guess thats off topic) so I had a hard time stumbling through it, but if your concern with the switching mechanism is valid, Id really like to know about a warranty... Anybody have info on that?

bltkmt

Enlightened
I like the switching mechanism so far, but have no real history with it yet and never had an ET10. The light is bigger than most AAA lights, but in some respects that is nice - it fits the hand better. Also, the beam is very floody and white - I like it.

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
The light is delivered in a small cardboard box and as can be seen on the photo it is marked jewelry (It might be a good idea to substitute another box, if the light is used as a gift to a girl friend)

hahaha, I just noticed this. Oh man would my girlfriend be PISSED if I presented her with a big box marked "Jewelry" and it contained a flashlight. :rant: She would probably stick it in my eye. :poke:

HKJ

Flashaholic
hahaha, I just noticed this. Oh man would my girlfriend be PISSED if I presented her with a big box marked "Jewelry" and it contained a flashlight. :rant: She would probably stick it in my eye. :poke:

I believe that they have changed to another type of box that is safer to use as a gift box. ;)

Norm

Retired Administrator
The post below jogged my memory, mine arrived the same as below.
Norm

Last edited:

sassaquin

Enlightened
Mine came in a box nicely packaged in another box. No "jewelry" markings on either box.

Titaner is one of the nicer lights I've bought this year and the seller gave great communication and fast shipping. The holster given as a free gift is very high quality with a great design. No regrets on this light.:)

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine isn't a jewellery box, which is fine by mine. :)

mailmj.jpg

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Well I got a PM'd response about the Titaner warranty question I had... They told me that it is a 30 day unconditional with a free 50 year warranty. Which immediately made me wonder about 51 years :whistle: .

Nice, almost lifetime. As long as the company is around in 50 years I suppose. Think im gonna check one out.

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
So I received my Titaner light, whistle, and carabiner today. Always fun to get a new package!

Mine came in the same package as Zeruel's which I think is much more appropriate than a jewelry type box. I got it at work in the mail so I had to rob the AAA eneloop from my Ti-Killer which is definitely not fully charged. I am impressed! The light definitely feels like quality in your hand. The engraving and texturing both look much better in person and I think they are quite tasteful. I need to lube up the threads but cant do that till i get home but Im pretty sure that with lubed threads, I will be able to operate it with one hand.

I REALLY like the "reverse twisty" where it is off when fully tightened down. I wish my Ti-Killer was this way. It just makes so much more sense, especially for a key-chain light. I am always afraid that even though my Killer takes many many turns to loosen the head all the way, that I may one day lose the head altogether by it unscrewing in my pocket. That would be an expensive loss, especially with the Ti-Killer and it would render the light unusable of course. With the head fully tightened down, it is highly unlikely to accidentally come off and get lost. In fact, I wish all my head-twisties were like the Titaner. The only other light I have owned that works like this was my Damascus Dear123. Also, as said above, the threads are square cut and huge. Superman couldn't cross thread this thing if he tried.

The whistle is really slick and its going in my safety kit for hiking so I dont end up like the guy in the "127 hours" movie. The carabiner is well made, but smaller than I was anticipating which is my fault as I didnt read the specs that were listed.

All in all, I am stoked with this purchase. ALSO, I take back all my comments about the website driving me crazy. It appears that they re-did all of the English parts and instead of being hard-to-read broken English, it looks like it was written my an English major! Nice touch. I definitely respect people that are bilingual, but reading a website full of improper grammar, mis-translations, and out-of-order words is incredibly frustrating.

Much better. Night and day difference. Nice work Titaner team!

Even though there are already plenty of pics, I will post up one when I get home. Pretty happy with this purchase :thumbsup:

EDIT: Oh, and the GITD at the base of the emitter, nice touch! Id like to do this on other lights.

Last edited:

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
So Ive carried it for a couple days and must say it has exceeded my expectations. The low is great for nighttime bathroom navigation without waking the girlfriend and its really floody. I have my LD01 if Im needing a AAA with throw so this Titaner fits in a good place in my collection. I know they dont get much love on these boards but when Im impressed by a light, I still have to voice it!

And it matches nicely with my Spydie with black lanyard and skulls of course.:devil:

DSC02244.jpg

DSC02249.jpg

DSC02250.jpg

Last edited:

smarkum

Enlightened
Home of the Jayhawks - Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!
I LOVE this lite too. It lives on my GITD lanyard on my nightstand. I have discovered that a chapstick lid fits perfectly over the end for a diffuser. I added some glow power mixture to the chapstick lid . . . and I have a pretty cool diffuser that will and does glow!
I'm going to drill a small hole in the lid so that it can hang on the lanyard loose without fear of it getting lost. Sometimes I feel like a diffuser, sometimes I don't. Great little lite IMHO.

bltkmt

Enlightened
I have been using mine every night and as a nightstand light. Yes, it is larger than other AAA lights but I don't see that as a negative. The large head makes it easy to twist and switch modes (much easier than my tiny DQG mini). The beam is floody and white - perfect for my needs. Great light!

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you wanted to go straight to low, how much do you have to twist to bypass high and go directly to low mode?

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, HKJ. I did read the whole thread, but I must have gotten excited and either missed that part or in my "awesome light" frenzy plumb forgot. Thank you for the review. :thumbsup:

LEDAdd1ct

jag-engr

Enlightened
The Titaner ET20 does seem to be a descendant of the VersaTi ET10. I'd say overall it is an improvement (better threading, brighter emitter, OP reflector), but I'm sad to see that they abandoned the awesome tail design of the VersaTi - that was really the best thing about it.

I wonder if any future iterations of this light will once again have both a solid lanyard loop and a trit slot. Tail-standing would be nice, too, but I don't use it a whole lot with small lights.

I also agree with all the other posters that it would be nice to see the low mode come on first.

HKJ

Flashaholic
The Titaner ET20 does seem to be a descendant of the VersaTi ET10. I'd say overall it is an improvement (better threading, brighter emitter, OP reflector), but I'm sad to see that they abandoned the awesome tail design of the VersaTi - that was really the best thing about it.

The only thing that looks related is the name, everything else is different