TITANER ET20, Titanium AAA light

HKJ

Flashaholic
The switching mechanism looks very similar to me, as well.

The similarity is that both are loose head to turn on and two levels.
The looks are not that similar:
DSC_9584.jpg

m1ke

Newly Enlightened
Can anyone report on the smoothness of the thread? Just wondering whether it's troublesome like titanium can be.

m1ke

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the input, HKJ and beerwax, I appreciate it. Might have to pick one up; I really like the idea of unscrewing it to turn it on.

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Well it looks like I can no longer endorse this light.

It has always had a very small fan club, but I really liked the light and always posted positives any time someone posted negatives. I rarely bash a light but I have given these people plenty of opportunities to make this right.

Long story short, I have sent numerous emails to all of the possible contacts I can find regarding Titaner as my light stopped working correctly. Not a single response. This is supposed to have a warranty and it does no good if you cant even get a response.

This light lasted me less than four months (I have been trying to contact them for weeks). I never abuse my lights. This light has never been dropped or submerged in water (even though its supposed to be waterproof). It hasnt even been my sole EDC as god knows I have a grip of lights and rarely carry the same one two days in a row. Id say its safe to say this light has been on a shelf as much as it has been in my pocket. Plus Im a desk jockey at work so its not like this thing has seen combat.

Dont recommend this to anybody. 50 year warranty.... Right... Im positive they wont be around in 50 years. Not that it matters, they wont even respond to my warranty claim on a 4 month old light.

Well I got a PM'd response about the Titaner warranty question I had... They told me that it is a 30 day unconditional with a free 50 year warranty. Which immediately made me wonder about 51 years :whistle: .

Nice, almost lifetime. As long as the company is around in 50 years I suppose. Think im gonna check one out.

From the Titaner profile page:

[h=5]About TITANER[/h]BiographyWe will be the best!

RIght.... Junk.

Last edited:

choombak

Enlightened
Well it looks like I can no longer endorse this light.

It has always had a very small fan club, but I really liked the light and always posted positives any time someone posted negatives. I rarely bash a light but I have given these people plenty of opportunities to make this right.

Long story short, I have sent numerous emails to all of the possible contacts I can find regarding Titaner as my light stopped working correctly. Not a single response. This is supposed to have a warranty and it does no good if you cant even get a response.

This light lasted me less than four months (I have been trying to contact them for weeks). I never abuse my lights. This light has never been dropped or submerged in water (even though its supposed to be waterproof). It hasnt even been my sole EDC as god knows I have a grip of lights and rarely carry the same one two days in a row. Id say its safe to say this light has been on a shelf as much as it has been in my pocket. Plus Im a desk jockey at work so its not like this thing has seen combat.

Dont recommend this to anybody. 50 year warranty.... Right... Im positive they wont be around in 50 years. Not that it matters, they wont even respond to my warranty claim on a 4 month old light.

From the Titaner profile page:

RIght.... Junk.

I happened to come across this post, and got the attention of Titaner staff. I have PM'ed you the response, and hope your light gets fixed soon. :)

njet212

Enlightened
I had trouble with my ET20, i can't turn off the flashlight. Emailed the customer service and i don't get any respond yet. The 50 years warranty looks great, but the execution is poor.