• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Titanium Aeon Mk. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, they will not be. I'm still waiting on the arrival of the brass center pieces from the shop, which got pushed back after the titanium parts were delayed. Those will be ready sometime late this month. Unfortunately, December is a bad time to get caught in for delivery dates, and looking at everything currently, these will be ready mid to late January.

I'm sorry that things have taken a bit longer than anticipated on this project, but I will keep you guys posted during these last stages of it - I am very much looking forward to getting these into people's hands and wrapping on this as soon as possible. If you have any questions in the meantime please drop me a line at [email protected].

Enrique

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too bad on the dates but understandable. I realize machine shops don't give the same priority to small batch orders as they do to their bigger money maker customers. Looking forward to the final product. Thanks.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not a heart transplant so no emergency though certainly looking forward! Thanks for the update.

Karl

incline123

Newly Enlightened
Hi Enrique, I was wondering if the drivers for the Aeon Mk.II have gone into assembly. I know high stage will be 120 lumens but how about the medium and low stages? Have you determined the lumen output levels for the other two stages? Thanks. Happy New Year!!!

incline123

Newly Enlightened
Enrique, how about an update on the progress of the Aeon Mk.II. It has been 1 month since we last heard from you. Do you still plan to deliver the Aeon by the end of January as you promised? Let us know!!!

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
incline123: I generally post updates when there's something in particular to discuss - nothing major has changed at this point, I'm still waiting on the arrival of the last mechanical pieces, which were supposed to be here earlier this month but will supposedly be here next week; I'm still holding out to be able to have assembly done at the end of this month, but we'll see.

To be clear, I didn't "promise" on a particular date, as you wrote, I have posted projected timelines which I hope are accurate (and usually have been in the past), and supplier's compliance with the dates they agreed to determines whether or not they are used again for future work.

The components I have here for the three stages are for a 5mA, 30mA, and 350mA set of levels; they remain to be tested for runtime and general performance characteristics, but that's what's planned to go on the boards.

I'll keep you all posted, as always, and once it comes down to assembly here the lights will be reaching you post-haste, I don't like having a bunch of unbuilt titanium pieces here!

Take care.

Enrique

incline123

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your update! Much appreciated. I like the levels you have set for the three stages!

Last edited:

mattp

Enlightened
Thanks Enrique, I know the new levels are not set in stone but for interest and comparison sake what are the mA levels on the 2-stage Aeons? I know the lumens are ~10 and 114, does this correspond to 30mA and 350mA? I'm sure someone on here will chime in soon enough, I'm just curious.
Cheers, Matt

fyrstormer

Banned
In the past when I've specced multi-mode drivers, I've used a geometric-growth curve to determine the amperage values. It seems to provide a nice smooth brightness curve, to the naked eye anyway.

In this case, with a low mode of 5mA and a high mode of 350mA, a medium mode of 42mA would fit a geometric formula where each setting is 8.333x more powerful than the last.

Alternately, with a medium mode of 30mA and a high mode of 350mA, a low mode of 2.5mA would fit a geometric formula where each setting is 11.667x more powerful than the last.

Just some ideas to consider when finalizing the amperage settings for the Aeon Mark Two driver. Personally, between those two options, I prefer the first one. Obviously Enrique isn't obligated to do (or even consider) anything I suggest, but I'll suggest it anyway.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.