Titanium Innovations Illuminati Aluminum (1xAAA XP-G R5) Review: RUNTIMES, BEAMSHOTS+

BarryG

Enlightened
Same thing happened to my IlluminaTi a few years back. Cleaned the contact at the head a few times and it has worked great ever since.

Barry

Emoto

Newly Enlightened
Same thing happened to my IlluminaTi a few years back. Cleaned the contact at the head a few times and it has worked great ever since. Barry
Really? I feel almost silly asking, but how did you clean it?

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Really? I feel almost silly asking, but how did you clean it?
A contact cleaner like Deoxit works best, but high proof rubbing alcohol will do in a pinch. Use a moistened q-tip to scrub all the surfaces clean. Don't forget to to do the screw threads - and especially the part where the body makes contact with the disc in the head.

Emoto

Newly Enlightened
A contact cleaner like Deoxit works best, but high proof rubbing alcohol will do in a pinch. Use a moistened q-tip to scrub all the surfaces clean. Don't forget to to do the screw threads - and especially the part where the body makes contact with the disc in the head.
Thanks! I have contact cleaner and Q-tips. Will give this a shot later today. Nothing appears oxidized, but it can only help, i suppose. I will be thrilled if this fixes it.

BarryG

Enlightened
Let us know if it works.
A pencil eraser works in a pinch as well...

Barry

Emoto

Newly Enlightened
Let us know if it works. A pencil eraser works in a pinch as well... Barry
Nope. Didn't work. NFG. Titanium Innovations is off my list of future purchases. They finally responded to a second email inquiry saying that the price of a new head was the same as a new light. No way am I giving them any more of my $.