Titanium L35 update

Status
Not open for further replies.

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would be fun to have a clue as to the progress... struggles, goals, so we at least know whether to hold our breath or breathe!

We don't want to share anything that would jeopardize good marketing when they do get released, but at least a few crumbs to chew on in the mean time to tide us over till dinner! :huh: :popcorn:

P1mpMastaMike

Newly Enlightened
So, I have been reading up on this light. I don't think I have read a post that says how long it takes for it to charge. Does anyone know? Also, is there a memory with this new battery? As in, can I use it for say 30 minutes then go top it off with no effect to the battery. Thx :)

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is never a memory with Lithium batteries.... they don't mind staying topped off on a charger all the time, nor do they mind staying mostly discharged until you decide to charge them.
Much more capacity for the size too..... makes NiCad and NiMh obsolete.

Thats why they use them in your cell phones.

P1mpMastaMike

Newly Enlightened
There is never a memory with Lithium batteries.... they don't mind staying topped off on a charger all the time, nor do they mind staying mostly discharged until you decide to charge them.
Much more capacity for the size too..... makes NiCad and NiMh obsolete.

Thats why they use them in your cell phones.

Thanks for the response.

Sweet, an even better reason to wait for this light! I just hope it does not get pushed back again.

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
Better yet.. I believe it will have Li-po batteries! next generation Lithium!

Quotes from here:

The advantages of Li-poly over the lithium-ion design include lower cost manufacturing and being more robust to physical damage.

Since no metal battery cell casing is needed, the battery can be lighter and it can be specifically shaped to fit the device it will power. Because of the denser packaging without intercell spacing between cylindrical cells and the lack of metal casing, the energy density of Li-poly batteries is over 20% higher than that of a classical Li-ion battery and they store more energy than nickel-cadmium (NiCd) and nickel metal hydride (NiMH) batteries of the same volume.

Recent design improvements have increased maximum discharge currents from two times to 15 or even 30 times the cell capacity (discharge rate in amps, cell capacity in amp-hours). In December 2007 Toshiba announced a new design offering a much faster rate of charge (about 5 minutes to reach 90%). These cells were released onto the market in March 2008 and are expected to have a dramatic effect on the power tool and electric vehicle industries, and a major effect on consumer electronics.

daveman

Enlightened
Mmmm... what happened to that announcement of confirmed shipping before Chinese New Year? A entire batch of posts (5+) have been erased. How interesting.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Mmmm... what happened to that announcement of confirmed shipping before Chinese New Year? A entire batch of posts (5+) have been erased. How interesting.

I noticed my post was gone to about a pre-order. Hope I didn't ask anything wrong...?

daveman

Enlightened
Most likely just the moderators trying to organize the threads and posts into their perspective forums. We should see an announcement in the Dealer's section by Matt soon. I doubt Matt would give us the detail of the shipping date if he wasn't sure about it. After 2 years, the L35 is finally here.:party:

Unforgiven

Flashlight Enthusiast

I noticed my post was gone to about a pre-order. Hope I didn't ask anything wrong...?

Product pre-order announcements and questions to dealers about them belong at the market place. Not on CPF proper.

Link

Most likely just the moderators trying to organize the threads and posts into their perspective forums. We should see an announcement in the Dealer's section by Matt soon. ....:

This is correct. Thank you. :)

P1mpMastaMike

Newly Enlightened
So, can we get a little update?

Or even just fill us in with the final details that are needed to be worked out?

And of course.. Is this *launch date* still looking the same?

We appreciate your hard work and cant wait for your awesome product xD

Superhenrik

Newly Enlightened
I feel a little bit impatient because I have sold my Amondotech N30 just to buy the L35.......a need some new LIGHT :hairpull:

Superhenrik

Newly Enlightened
I gave up on them to make this materialize and why several days ago I used the money to purchase the AEX 25w instead.

The AEX 25w looks like a realy nice light, but i like the dual function with the HID and the LEDS, but you right Richie, we cant wait forever....

Patriot

Flashaholic
I gave up on them to make this materialize and why several days ago I used the money to purchase the AEX 25w instead.

I gave up on this one also and spent the money that I stashed for this August of last year. I had some electronics that where in need of modernization so it went to a good cause. I'll probably have to live without the L35 when it finally does make it to market, at least for the foreseeable future. Also, the N30 is still doing a great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.