• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Titanium Nautilus Mk. II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
Enrique, is there any chance you could be persuaded to do one of these with a neutral or high CRI XP-G2? That would be enough to push me over the edge. Probably no chance in this but just thought I'd ask.

shadowstorm

Newly Enlightened
Already sent in my payment. Just got my Aeon TI on Friday and can't wait to see the bigger form factor here.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Colonel Sanders: Unfortunately no. I want to get these all done and out the door before the end of the month and I can't take on any custom work, unfortunately. I'm curious why you'd prefer an XP-G2 to a 219, however.

shadowstorm, persco, and others: Thanks! :)

Enrique

persco

Enlightened
What I'd love to see from you next, Enrique, is a knurled Mako in the same design as the Aeon and Nautilus. Hopefully someday?

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Persco: I don't expect to be making any new lights for a while after the Aeon and Nautilus runs are cleared out. I also expect to be retiring those two designs; though nice, the design is expensive to produce and time consuming to assemble, so I'll probably be moving on to other things the next time I go about making a new light.

Thanks for the suggestions, though! :)

Enrique

persco

Enlightened
Persco: I don't expect to be making any new lights for a while after the Aeon and Nautilus runs are cleared out. I also expect to be retiring those two designs; though nice, the design is expensive to produce and time consuming to assemble, so I'll probably be moving on to other things the next time I go about making a new light.

Thanks for the suggestions, though! :)

Enrique

:eek:oo:

Well all I can say is "bummer." But whatever you make next -- if it's titanium -- I'm sure I'll buy it, lol! Thanks Enrique!

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Everyone,

Just a quick update: I'm still on track for an end-of-September completion of the Nautilus project. The final batch of Aeons will be going out next week and these lights will start shipping along with them.

Any orders placed before next Tuesday will be filled by that time. If you have any questions please e-mail me at [email protected].

eala: Not any time soon unfortunately - the Nautilus will make its way out and then I'll have to attend to a few other things for a while. Maybe next year!

Thanks folks!

Enrique

gunga

Flashaholic
I'm quite upset because I have no other lights to use while I wait.

:)

Looking forward to seeing the next project. The Nautilus is quite beautiful.

Colonel Sanders

Flashlight Enthusiast
"I'm curious why you'd prefer an XP-G2 to a 219, however."

Because I already have two lights with 219s and I'm not very impressed with their outputs. Also, their tints are a bit cool for my tastes. One is a custom modded Tri light at 3 amp and the other is a light similar in size to your Aeon but with MUCH higher drive levels (MBI HF-R.) I find I never use either of these lights due to their 219s. I purchased your Aeon (hopefully arriving soon!) because of the wonderful host around the emitter...despite the emitter. Since the emitter is not really swappable, I have a good idea I'll be selling it shortly after it arrives.

Now that I think about it, a ~3500k XP-E2 would be my first pick for this light since the drive level is so low. It would give the hotspot a bit more kick. You should try one in it and see what you think. Hey, if you don't like it...sell it to me! :) Name your price.

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Everyone,

Now that the Aeon project is wrapping up I am beginning work on the Nautilus Mk. II for delivery in late June.

The Nautilus is essentially a CR123 version of the Aeon, providing longer runtimes and a larger reflector in a slightly more portly package.

Here is a brief summary of the light's features:
- Ultra Clear Lens for 99% Light Transmittance
- Deep Parabolic Reflector for Long Distance Illumination
- Nichia 219 High-CRI LED, 114 Lumens Output on High
- CP Grade II Titanium Construction
- O-Ring Seals at All Junctions – Water Resistant
- Gold Plated Circuit Contacts
- 20.5mm in Diameter by 67mm Short
- 2 Ounces / 57 Grams Weight
- 2:45 Runtime on High Mode, Medium/Low Mode TBD

The batch of these is available at $425 each plus shipping ($15 for US shipments, $40 for International), and PayPal is [email protected]. Assembly will start this weekend and lights are expected to ship out before the end of the month.

There is a review of the Nautilus here: http://www.everydaycommentary.com/2013/05/muyshondt-aeon-and-nautilus-mk-ii-review.html

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to drop me a line at [email protected]

Thanks folks!

Enrique

Hello Everyone,

Just a quick update: I'm still on track for an end-of-September completion of the Nautilus project. The final batch of Aeons will be going out next week and these lights will start shipping along with them.

Any orders placed before next Tuesday will be filled by that time. If you have any questions please e-mail me at [email protected].

eala: Not any time soon unfortunately - the Nautilus will make its way out and then I'll have to attend to a few other things for a while. Maybe next year!

Thanks folks!

Enrique

Wait...my guess this is a typo or has there been a three month delay here? It says end-of-september...

Last edited:

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait, you mean to say that it's not currently September?! ;) Yes, it's a typo.

Enrique

Time flies when you're having fun!

Thanks for the clarification. I could have waited :D

BTW, email sent. Please do let me know when you get a chance.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Everyone,

A quick shot of the new Nautilus parts:

9096276802_8aee301f93_z.jpg

Will post more are they're built next week! :)

Enrique

Status
Not open for further replies.