• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TM16GTvn - Tk75vnQ Contender

gigbyt

Newly Enlightened
t6vn or tm16gtvn??????????????????????????????????????? help

Buy both and compare, then sell the one you don't want to keep, or keep both because you may love both of them!
have you seen vihn's latest video on you tube comparing the throwers?

ven

Flashaholic
What if you had to choose between the TM16GTvn "Fiat Lux" or T6vn? :shrug:

Tough one as FL are very special...........

However i like them both, just the T6vn kind of more..........and vinhs work/leds especially PDT are consistently good! So even with FL considered, and maybe a little nicer tint, the slightly smaller form factor pips it for me

ven

Flashaholic
another +1 for the throw, the lumen difference will not be too noticeable by eye, the throw however will!!!!

crashunit007

Newly Enlightened
Which one is better t6vn spec 1? Or spec 2? Thanks

Agreed with everyone here on going more throw, spec 1! It's ridiculously bright for a thrower, and most people will be getting this light for its throwing capabilities anyways. If you wanted more lumens, there are many other lights Vinh sells that are a lot brighter and even smaller.

Btw when was Vinh suppose to send you your TM16GTvn? Anyways, saves you the trouble of sending it back for the T6vn anyways!

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks you for the fast response. I shoot email to vinh to build a spec 1. Anyway, I sent PayPal payment on March 10 for tm16gtvn. The cost was $270 plus $40 for lg battery. I think I will like t6vn. I think vinh should print shipping label directly from PayPal, that's way he will minimize the error, and very easy to track the transaction. :)

crashunit007

Newly Enlightened
Thanks you for the fast response. I shoot email to vinh to build a spec 1. Anyway, I sent PayPal payment on March 10 for tm16gtvn. The cost was $270 plus $40 for lg battery. I think I will like t6vn. I think vinh should print shipping label directly from PayPal, that's way he will minimize the error, and very easy to track the transaction. :)

First off Vinh sells a poop ton of lights! A lot more then most people think. Considering he does his own advertising, builds the lights himself, pays & tourture tests all his lights so they are just as reliable or even better then they came from the factory, and answers all his own product technical questions & emails including sales. Then factor in almost 90% of his business comes from repeat customers and basically word of mouth from past satisfied customers promoting his sub section forum online on a small obscure flashlight forum website. Plus, at most his website just opened only a few months ago selling his services and goods to the online public, which I'm sure was just to make it easier for flashaholics not aware of him to more easily find what he offers, and also for those who don't have PayPal like older computer illiterate people or non tech savvy people to pay using just a credit card and not have to deal with PayPal. Also Vinh is pretty much a 1 or unofficially 2 man show ( 2 years on here & still don't know if Wayne is real person, a clone, or just a flashaholic myth passed down year after year..). And yes, his family does help out with shipping, ideas, some manufacturing of custom parts or tools, but mainly help with logistics. And after doing all this, he honestly rarely messes up, or makes a mistake, and has even fewer unhappy customers.

So I am really amazed with Vinh's hard work, dedication to detail, consistency, and most of all customer service, which is beyond the best you'll get from any top OEM manufacture or retail store, since he's just like most of us, a true flashaholic who takes pride in his work. Vinh loves what he does, and he doesn't do this only to make money, but to build the best lights around for us to enjoy, and hopefully also make enough money to keep doing what he loves. When customer satisfaction comes first and profit is the by product of his success; which from all the repeat loyal customers he has accumulated over the year and the list keeps growing. He is such a popular and trust worthy modder in the flashlight world, and practically has a non exist ad of any kind, no marketing or storefront. And he doesn't need any of that, since his products are so good they sell themselves.

Can you even imagine if he even did some ad advertising, sell on Amazon or eBay, or paid alittle more for a sleeker webpage and better placement in search results to help new customers easily find him? I'm sure Vinh is already busy enough with the way his current business is, and only hasn't done more because then it wouldn't be fun for him anymore, and then turn into something he would have less control and flexibility over. Also I think he's probably not yet ready for that big leap as well yet too. But when he is ready and decides he wants to go that route, I know he will succeed at it and his loyal customers will damn make sure of it!

Plus I work in marketing and if You needs any help or like to talk about with me, I can waive my starting consultation fee for you ( applies only to the first 2 hours, and half off every hour after up to 4, then standard rate applies) and give you my personal discount & hourly rate over the phone (personal discounts are only valid up to the first 30 days, and please check your long distance carrier to see if you can accept international calls & international rates apply when dialing). So yeah email or call me any time, love to hear from you, let's do lunch! I'll have my guy call your guy, it will be epic! Fantastic! Talk to you soon... ciao baby!

Anyways I kinda went too far off a tangent for some reason and really just meant to say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

ven

Flashaholic
Well said, too add he gets 100's of mails in a day, if he has a break for a few days ....well you can imagine the catching up!

Dont worry, very worse case and there is a very slight chance of a mistake, he will sort it out prompt !

Congrats on your new light, sure it won't be the last :D

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well said crashunit007. I had a laugh when you mentioned Wayne! Same here, he's the phantom of Skylumen!

I have been here for just over half a year I think. The respect here for Vinh is immense and I have been very pleased with all of my V54s. My budget not so much!

For the amount of work required in the mod, these quad heavy hitters are all great value.

crashunit007

Newly Enlightened
Well said, too add he gets 100's of mails in a day, if he has a break for a few days ....well you can imagine the catching up!

Dont worry, very worse case and there is a very slight chance of a mistake, he will sort it out prompt !

Congrats on your new light, sure it won't be the last :D

Very well said!!!!! [emoji106][emoji106]

Well said, Crashunit!

Well said crashunit007. I had a laugh when you mentioned Wayne! Same here, he's the phantom of Skylumen!

I have been here for just over half a year I think. The respect here for Vinh is immense and I have been very pleased with all of my V54s. My budget not so much!

For the amount of work required in the mod, these quad heavy hitters are all great value.

Thanks for all of you who actually read all that, since when I finished and posted that, I really didn't think it was going to be so long! But I already posted it and thought no ones going to read all that anyways, so who cares, but I guess I was wrong. I usually never post something this long, and in fact I think it's my longest post ever. Luckily this time it was a good post, but Im just amazed what happens when you have a day off, a lot of free time, and a tablet of adderall...

So anyways, I guess lets discuss what everyone wants to know. Can someone please tell the rest of us about what you have gathered or heard about Wayne? Has anyone met him or talk to him? Or better yet have his picture?

i think he's either Vinh's brother or Vinh's alter ego. And my other theory is that hes a clone of Vinh that only comes out when Vinh goes to bed, I mean Vinh never ever sleeps! He's always around or doing something, and that's not humanly possible, so when Vinh goes to bed "Wayne" takes over and posts and does everything Vinh does. They even sound the same, right?

Last edited: