Tmack customs

Status
Not open for further replies.

more_vampires

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi TMack, my name is stewart and am looking at maybe getting a new laser as mine was stolen out of my car just last night along with other things, :(

wondering if your still building and what prices I might be in store for?

looking for a blue laser to burn things at a distance, focus-able and use at night, also not too big but I don't mind if a lil big.
I already have 18650 batteries from my last laser, so I am hoping to continue to use them unless necessary.
I am in Canada so shipping will be necessary

thanks and I love the custom build pictures you have shared
He has a few already in line and said he was thinking about bowing out of the field after the last is resolved. Maybe he will change his mind?

Mmassey338

Newly Enlightened
Welcome back Tmack. It's great to see you taking care of things. I'm not on here much anymore, and even less on the hinderer forum, but I'm glad I saw this and that you're doing well. Take care.

Tdog208

Newly Enlightened
I have custom knives (fixed blades, laser projectors which will fill a room with patterns and beams, I have tk75vnkt, mm15vn, mx25l3vn , c20cvn, tcr2vn, d25cvn all can be sold at the moment.

Hey T! You know what I do and have seen my "office". Tell me more about these projectors; patterns, colors, etc. Are they or can they be DMX controlled?

Tdog208

Newly Enlightened
Tdog, we would all like to see your "office". :thinking: :twothumbs

LOL OK... I think this is the one I sent to him, In fact I'm sure of it because I can see his email on my Mac.

IMG_0017_zpsbqpgmora.jpg

And here is one of the JBL Vertec line arrays that I flew for Ringo Star.

IMG_0335_zps7vhfca64.jpg

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh my, that is nice! Expensive rig there! How much total power? Running Crowns? Seems like everyone who likes JBL aka James Bond Labs, likes Crown for obvious reasons! :)

Tdog208

Newly Enlightened
The top pic is the rig I use almost daily. 3 Clair R4's flown per side, 8 JBL SRX700 dbl 18's across the front, Fills are custom made. 1 Crown CTS 1200 for Hi's, 1 CTS 3000 for Mids, and 2 more 3000's for Low Mids. And 1 Crest 10001 for all 8 subs. System is controlled with that P.O.S. laptop in the middle via System Architect.

Tdog208

Newly Enlightened
Not fun at all. The R4's are almost 300lbs each. And we use standard 3 phase 100amp cam locks to the distro, from there it breaks out into 6 50amp and 3 30amp circuits. 1 50 amp goes to main rack, another goes to monitor rack. 30 amp circuits get put on stringers for stage power. None of it goes to lighting, there is another 500amp service with cams for that.

Last edited:

Tdog208

Newly Enlightened
How do you get enough juice from the wall outlet to feed those. Must be fun moving all that gear. Especially that Crest! lol

I guess I should not say "not fun at all". I did have to take the system out on tour with Bone Thugs N Harmony and we have it down to a science on how it gets tore down, loaded, set up and repeat. LOL

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tdog - M32. Impressive! I'd love to work with that sucker. Just started doing live sound for a friends band a few months ago using an old 16X4X2 Mackie and self-powered JBL's, but have been fortunate enough over the years as a guitarist where studio guys would let me use their Tridents, A & H's, SSL's. (freakin' LOVE SSL's), etc. Wasn't allowed to calibrate the 2" Studers though... haha.

Back on topic - It's uplifting to see how Tmack has handled, and resolved this situation. It stands in contrast to a number of situations in the past where the person just bailed, occasionally with large amounts of money and/or property. Very cool, Tmack. :thumbsup: Hopefully, you'll continue to enjoy the hobby to whatever degree suits you.

Mrdeath2000

Newly Enlightened
Working my way through this whole thread.... Wow.

I like the custom work and have a fair grasp of the details, but wanna read more before I PM you tmack and order something.

The ms envys are nice, but tempting to look into a maglite.
Thanks for doing this and shipping USPS :p

Mrdeath2000

Newly Enlightened
Soooooo I made it through 94 pages... Figured out what I wanted aaaaannnnd then see tmack has retired (maybe temporary?) sucky.

Any comparable people or quality vendors with similar quality and respectable prices?

Thx
AZ

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Soooooo I made it through 94 pages... Figured out what I wanted aaaaannnnd then see tmack has retired (maybe temporary?) sucky.

Any comparable people or quality vendors with similar quality and respectable prices?

Thx
AZ

If you go to:

http://laserpointerforums.com/

And sign in/register, etc....and start reading the intro threads, etc, there is a wealth of info, including who is reputable, etc.

:D

atisvt99

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

I reached out to Tony about a laser repair, and in the event that he doesn't respond, can anyone recommend another custom builder that might be able to take a look at one of his Tmags that no longer works? I bought it for a friend of mine, and this guy let his batteries get down past the point of no return. Not sure if this damaged the diode, or if he even put the batts in the wrong direction, but I ordered some new cells, charged them up, and it does not power on. I need some help... I had only ever dealt with Tmack!

Thanks in advance!

- justin

robertkoa

Newly Enlightened
Oh and make sure not to say laser in the paypal notes guys. Just the color host, and you cpf name.

Thanks

Hey Tmack...can you do a low power or mod an existing Laser into a low power 5 milliwatt starting with a Laser with a Focus Adjust...

So a green one 532 nm just lower the power and add IR Filter.

Then possibly a Second Laser where you change the Diode to a Visible Blue
higher than 450nm [ 473nm ?] if not too expensive lower to 5 milliwatt possibly a second mode slightly higher about 8mw with IR filter.

These would be the 18650 or CR123 Lasers with focus adjust that you would mod for me to make them low power and eyesafe...the Focus Adjust might be handy to make the Blue Beam visible at night despite low power by tightening the Focus etc. OR using a blue diode or InGan Transistor that has a tighter beam .

Possible and how expensive ?

Do you feel safe handling a 5 milliwatt laser ? Lol.

Let me know if you are interested.

I have been looking at Z-Bolt Lasers which have 2 good green 532nm and 515nm but their Blue may not be visible...at 5 mw with no focus adjust etc.

The idea is eye safe no goggles and when used carefully outside I won't have to worry about the beam being too bright or going miles where Aircraft might even SEE it NOT in their path but see it period.

Don't want a Pilot seeing it anywhere even across Horizon...

Mike Sloan

Enlightened
It appears that he has bailed on us after all the b.s. He is alive and well over on the knife forums. :tired:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts