• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

TN42vn - Reflector Throw King

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Re: TN42vn - Reflector Throw King?

Stock Measured ANSI
Lumen: 2140

Lux: 703K
Throw: 1677m

TN42vn Testing Sample 1
Lumen: 2430
Lux: 782K
Throw: 1770m

Capolini

Banned

True,,,,,I do not think Vinh would be able to add much more to it,,,,pushed far as is!! As a stock light it is 600Kcd,,,,,,,,my guess is he could get it to 700Kcd max.Every little bit helps!!

I wrote that on the lounge several days ago. I was very close [+100Kcd increase] considering Thrunites website listed it at 600Kcd not 700Kcd.
:)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

This light will need a chunk of copper right below the LED as the shelve is fairly thin. This should help maintain max brightness longer...More heat sinking is always necessary especially if you can get it around the LED hahahaha

drummer132132

Enlightened

This light will need a chunk of copper right below the LED as the shelve is fairly thin. This should help maintain max brightness longer...More heat sinking is always necessary especially if you can get it around the LED hahahaha

IMO put as much copper in as you can, I think everyone here will buy it regardless :twothumbs. From the looks of it this will probably be over 800kcd by the time you're finished with it which quite frankly is awesome.

For kicks you should put in drivervnx2 :naughty::grin2: You know...push the envelope:devil:

code2006

Newly Enlightened

Hi mate i sent u pm

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Yes. I believe my NW will be just as bright if not brighter as I have the some of the brightest bin NW.

I am wrong. NW is less bright...

This is a topic Richard and I are still kinda confuse. We both think due to the color of the tint it might throw off the meter perhaps. For example...

A NW LED with several higher brightness bin than a CW LED only test as high as a CW LED in our spheres...This couldn't be true as the brightness bin of the LED should indicate the ouputof that LED. 2-3 bins higher should certainly output more lumen.

Oh well... I can only report what the meter reads.

drummer132132

Enlightened

I am wrong. NW is less bright...

This is a topic Richard and I are still kinda confuse. We both think due to the color of the tint it might throw off the meter perhaps. For example...

A NW LED with several higher brightness bin than a CW LED only test as high as a CW LED in our spheres...This couldn't be true as the brightness bin of the LED should indicate the ouputof that LED. 2-3 bins higher should certainly output more lumen.

Oh well... I can only report what the meter reads.

Even if it is "less bright" from the sphere but due to the more natural look a NW LED provides I bet in real world use you will probably see more of what you want to see and potentially further. Honestly 2k lumen NW is really really nice and anything higher is bonus.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Added extra copper heat sinking
This light takes the torture test smoothly
After about 20 minutes light does get hot to the point of recommended throttle down...20 minutes is more impressive than I thought
I am also happy with the current power boost and mode spacing

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

500 more lumen from where it is now is beyond what I could dream for actually...

giphy-facebook_s.jpg

TN42vn Testing Sample 1
Lumen: 2430
Lux: 782K
Throw: 1770m

sb1.jpg

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

Added extra copper heat sinking
This light takes the torture test smoothly
After about 20 minutes light does get hot to the point of recommended throttle down...20 minutes is more impressive than I thought
I am also happy with the current power boost and mode spacing

Congrats my friend. We all knew you could do it! :)

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Output only drop 15% after 20 minutes! That's pretty amazing :)

My eyes couldn't even notice the 15%

Latest posts