TnC HA-Natural Lithium-Lux V's (LIMITED)

AlanH

Enlightened
Thanks for the 'well wishes'.

Bidding against me ?, another $5.00 would have had it, I didn't place higher bids than $645

OT, the castle has mutated since lunchtime into a regular style country house with a few turret type roofs, Me, I don't care, somewhere for the dogs to train and no street lights to pollute the testing, I'm happy, so we may be lucky yet ! All it takes is a good salesman and she's off on a tangent.

Which was exactly the point I made earlier about this light.

The quality is there, the exclusivity is there, the demand is there, all the buttons that need pushing are there, therefore it follows that there will be a price hike ! If as I did, you really want it after the door is closed.

I am really looking forward to it arriving, for Steve to say it is his Top light must be an achievment, he sure has as a few to benchamrk against.

Bring on the extra toys, I'm in for 'em.

Alan

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
ddaadd said:
OT mode on.....

Hey LZ, back in time....circa 1977, St Louis, Busch Arena(?), 16th row,
center stage, Led Zeppelin live in concert, I have color
slides I took during the event, ( Canon AE1 slr ), wish I would've
had the Lithium Lux V with me for additional effect....he he .....

OT mode off.....
ddaadd,

Wow, I'm envious. I never had the pleasure of experiencing Zep live. Or did I? Why is it I can never remember anything about the many concerts I attended?:thinking:
Indeed, the Li Lux V would have been a great companion back then. It would have saved the scortched fingers from holding up the Bic lighters all the time.:candle: Those were the times, when you could adjust the Bic to shoot a large (unsafe) flame.

Alan,

still sounds like a castle to me. My new place is fortunately flashlight friendly. No street lights, and my own woods for throw and spill testing. I'll even need a bank of family lights now. Any reason to need more lights is a good one.

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
TnC_Products said:
The Turbo head will be coming. I will be making a turbo head and also a whole new kit.

You will be able to pick the battery tube you want, (RCR123), (18500), (18650), (2xCR2), (2xCR123) Those of you that have a BBH Head from the VIP will be able to use that head with this light. I posted some proto pictures under Lithium-Lux V on my forum.

TURBO? BIG BATT TUBES?
!!!!!!!!! I AM IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Check all the option boxes for me, I want the works. Others can sell their prizes for gold pieces, but no way am I going to part with my #9/10 beauty! ESPECIALLY now with turbo heads and big batteries. Finally, something besides the CR2.... I can run the X to spec with a big rechargeable... THAT is NIRVANA for ME. And the Turbo head is tons of icing on the cake!!!!!

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
LED Zeppelin said:
ddaadd,

Wow, I'm envious. I never had the pleasure of experiencing Zep live. Or did I? Why is it I can never remember anything about the many concerts I attended?:thinking:
My fave of all time was Led Zeppelin's Live album The Song Remains The Same although all of their albums have a special spot in my :choke: heart. Jimmy was my hero.

ddaadd

Enlightened
TnC_Products said:
The Turbo head will be coming. I will be making a turbo head and also a whole new kit.

You will be able to pick the battery tube you want, (RCR123), (18500), (18650), (2xCR2), (2xCR123) Those of you that have a BBH Head from the VIP will be able to use that head with this light. I posted some proto pictures under Lithium-Lux V on my forum.

:wow:

YES !
Man, I perked up just like when I read the Lithium Lux V thread for the first time, reading it, seeing it, reading it again, not quite believing what I have just read, read it real s l o w one more time ! OK, got it now!

I have 2 of the VIP BBH's, they have a story all their own, I spent 4 months getting the first one, then recently stumbled upon the second, IIRC about 80 were sold. Apx 15 were not available due to quality issues, actually they all had minor cosmetic issues not affecting performance. The BBH is the antithesis of the Lithium Lux V reflector, max tight spot vs. max flood. From the 3" reflector, at 20' I see about a 6" spot from the VIP w/LuxIII , spill is there but not visible.

This is excellent news Chris, TnC is my new favorite vendor......:goodjob:

Regentag

Banned
Lunarmodule said:

...Plus I'm now the DMZ between your domain (8/10) and Regentagland (10/10).
HWG51_enl.jpg

...Look at it on a rainy day.

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regentag said:

...Look at it on a rainy day.
While listening to The Rain Song.

Some of my Zep favs: The Lemon Song, I Can't Quit You Baby, Your Time Is Gonna Come,and Since I've Been Loving You.
Love them Blues.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone know if there are any key lux clickies available for this?

Man, I used to love the rain song so much. I haven't heard it in ages, though. I used to like Tangerine a lot. Which song is this....."when the mountains crumble to the sea, I will still be loving you....?" Is that from Your Time Is Gonna Come? Whatever it is, it just popped into my head. My teenage years were filled with Zepplin.

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trashman,

Unless Chris makes new clickie tails, the only ones that I'm aware of are the rare originals with the Kroll and the tail-stand shroud.

The passage you sang is from Thank You.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rare originals!!! Darn it! There were two available at the start of this x-bin sale (during the sign-up) and I didn't jump because I didn't think they'd be that hard to get a hold of! Oh wel, maybe, just maybe, Chris can come up with something a little smaller and slimmer .... I'll hope.

Yes, yes, Thank You, now it comes to me. I used to love that song, but I do remember officially branding the Rain Song as my favorite, way back when.... (oh, about 15 years ago...) Hey, the Rain Song just started playing in my head! I actually forgot how it went (like when I made the previous post, I just knew I loved it, but couldn't remember it) and it just started playing!

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
That guarded tail with a Kroll sounds remarkably like the SFIII tailswitch, just on a smaller scale.... here's a desperate plea for Chris to remake those tail sections. After seeing that UN BE LIEVABLE turbo head proto, I doubt this one would be a tall order, but it would sure be appreciated by me and others!

;)

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lunar,

You're absolutely right. The best part of having the clickie tail is that I could mod a Kroll for you that would make the Li Lux V a 2-stage light. Operation would be identical to your SF III Mc38 Lux V.

Personally I think the tail-heavy look is a bit odd, but with the turbohead it would be nicely balanced.

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like a 14500 battery tube in HA natural that is shorter like on my other TNC Light. Also another HA Natural tail cap so I could make a two stage switch. I hate to drill through the 07/10 tail cap to make one.
I meant a two stage twist H/L, click on/off switch

Ken

Last edited:

diggdug13

Flashlight Enthusiast
has anyone tested a run 1 (XXOT) with a run 2 Lithium-Lux V? I know there are only like one or two people out there that have both but I'd love to see some beam shots.

Doug