TnC Surefire C to M Adaptors interest thread.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
We would like to build these for you guys, but due to a number of factors it might require us to ask for a prepay, which I've never done. I can't quote a price until we design the part, but it would be in line with other pricing for small runs of quality custom parts. I can't comment on the part sold on OptiqsHQ, but I suspect they built a lot more parts than we could sell on CPF, and I have no idea of the quality. My wild guess would be between $30 and $40.

The ones at Optics HQ won't fit properly onto Surefire M-series heads. They fit Surefire C-series bodies. You need TLS M-series heads. A full blown compatible adapter would be nice.

In terms of quality, TLS products are not Surefire quality. But they're not far behind.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd be willing to prepay.

Here are some photos highlighting what I think is the problem with the OpticsHQ adapters. Note that the OpticsHQ/TLS TX3 TH fits my SF M900A perfectly. And an SF Z46 bezel works fine in an OpticsHQ/TLS E2M adapter. So I don't think the fit problem is a thread issue.

TLS E2M adapter (bezel side):
TLSM2Eadaptertopview-1.jpg

SF M900A "neck" vs TLS T5 "neck":
SFM900AvsTLST5neck2.jpg

The OpticsHQ/TLS products have a ledge just a short distance down from the top edge of the neck area of either the flashlight body or the adapter. This ledge interferes with the bottom of the SF KT4 reflector. Basically, it is a lack of clearance problem. If that ledge were machined lower so that it cleared the bottom of the KT4 reflector, I think that the OpticsHQ adapter would work with SF KT4 THs. The adapter and TLS T5 flashlight body definitely work with a SureFire Z46 Millennium bezel from an M900A. The Z46 reflector has a different reflector profile and doesn't have clearance issues.

The basic solution is to follow the internal profile of the SF product instead of adding some extra material for whatever reason and resulting in an incompatibility.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
If the C-M adaptors are in the ballpark of about $30 - $40, I'd be willing to prepay. However, I don't have paypal. Would a money order be acceptable?

Rommul

Enlightened
I am willing to prepay and I am interested in two pieces in black.

Just to clarify, these adapter allow an M series head to be used on a C Series body correct?

MorpheusT1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Little update,

As many of you may have noticed i am not as active on the boards anymore.
Hopefully that will catch up,but it will take a while.
So if someone else could take over this thread and keep the list updated that would be great.

Reason for this is that i just sold the house and will be busy with moving,buying a new house and fixing up the house.

Priorities priorities priorities...yawn..

You know how it is :thumbsup:

Best Regards,
Benny

TriChrome

Enlightened
This topic is a couple months old, but I'm starting my research on how to put a Surefire KT4 TurboHead (meant for a M3T or M4) onto my Surefire C3.

Since this sounds like what this thread is about, and if there's still interest in making a batch of these, I'm in for 1 in HA dark gray (whatever best matches Surefire's HA III dark gray coating) if it's around the $30-40 price point.

Gravitron

Newly Enlightened
I would buy one as well. I can't believe there is not more to choose from besides the Lumens Factory mini Turbo Head.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I would buy one as well. I can't believe there is not more to choose from besides the Lumens Factory mini Turbo Head.

Sadly, nothing came of this thread. So looks like your best bet would indeed be something from Lumens Factory.