• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired TNT TripLED Surefire E-series incan bezel mod service

SpyderHS08

Enlightened
Hey Tana,

I'm looking for an E1e upgrade. I want something that will last for years and years because the E1e is my fav light ever, so the ones you said blow out switches or leds from time to time due to too much power is a no go for me. Looking for something that can run imr16340 (or 123s in a pinch) So maybe a triple nichia 219b? I have one of yours with one led. But I'd also like something more throwy than the nichia 219 replacement I currently have if possible. Also a low med hi would be good. Don't need tons of modes but standard low med high would be nice. Let me know what you think I can get into. Also, I would like to keep it right at the $150 or cheaper if possible. Thanks buddy

Last edited:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Tana,

I'm looking for an E1e upgrade. I want something that will last for years and years because the E1e is my fav light ever, so the ones you said blow out switches or leds from time to time due to too much power is a no go for me. Looking for something that can run imr16340 (or 123s in a pinch) So maybe a triple nichia 219b? I have one of yours with one led. But I'd also like something more throwy than the nichia 219 replacement I currently have if possible. Also a low med hi would be good. Don't need tons of modes but standard low med high would be nice. Let me know what you think I can get into. Also, I would like to keep it right at the $150 or cheaper if possible. Thanks buddy

We did have quite the long back and forth about previous possible mods (two I think, right) ??? Probably what not what you're asking here...

TripLED price is what it is, based on options dictates the price... main issue I see here is you wanting to use CR123 in a pinch - there just aren't proper drivers of size needed for this mod that can reliably support both IMR and CR123 cells... cell protection for one ruins performance of the other... exeptions are special drivers like in HDS, smart drivers but you can't buy those and in 99.99% can't install in what we want...

You can go for SingLED, with my programming, fixed modes, low/med/high like you said, not programmable but due to my code it would allow primary cell to be used in a pinch (but would never be able to deplete it properly - it would give out light but who knows for how long and how long would it be usable)... but I've heard people using primaries with those old setups of mine with my own fixed firmwares...

Throw depends on reflector so we're talking about E1E, no point hoping for some huge wonders... either setup will give you big spill (TripLED wall of light) while SingLED would have a small hotspot so some throw (where TripLED has throw due to brute force)... check SingLED thread for some very interesting beamshots with SingLED...

So to sum it up, SingLED with my fixed modes will be optimized for 1xIMR or 2xCR123 but in a pinch can use 1xCR123 however no guarantees of performanes - light will be out, no idea of lumens, length (definitely hours) and when the LVP woudl kick in to prevet optimal cell depletion...

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I'm using a singLED in a 1 cell E with a primary.
It's a 350mA (about 100 lumens) version. At turn on at high it lasts about a second and drop to about 25%. Now in my case that was the setting I was using for a 2 cell light... so to me that is great. But for full output on a primary it's not going to stay on high.

Last edited:

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm using a singLED in a 1 cell E with a primary.
It's a 350mA (about 100 lumens) version. At turn on at high it lasts about a second and drop to about 25%. Now in my case that was the setting I was using for a 2 cell light... so to me that is great. But for full output on a primary it's not going to stay on high.

Thanks for chiming in, bykfixer... tha'ts with Tana3 firmware which was done by Dr.Jones for me few years back and has it specific low voltage protection limit... my old fixed modes programmings apparently had lower setting LVP thus it was more light for longer time, that's the return info I got from few guys I got that have eye for details... but I'd say, forget primaries, we all have at least 50 li-ion rechargeables all around us at any time... and with e-series you can flip bodies for single cell IMR 16340 or go 2-cell for 16650 cells which have great capacity and hold charge better than IMR cells (protected ICR)...

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
XFviszI.jpg

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
I'm very happy that you still offer this great service Tana! I'm hoping to be able to send you another one sometime, thanks for being there and thanks for posting.

Jason_Tx

Newly Enlightened
Yes Tana, They are hard to find.
Look @ this one and weep for its pristine beauty.
I'm not sure how long ago I bought the drop in from you, maybe 2014-15'ish ?

7jC_gzsnvgPaJbeXjLhdgT0KVaJ-T_hdrDom7E--Dxw0_tL5HVyfh0UxH4SjIUoe_4Nvo1-gpywh4OaZ6sDBFmtJCicBv-7Vom00f4pZraeJfEteX0mpEgSp5XE6q2xmaJlMbBMJtcJmZQsscXlNATmSnnu8AX0BG4dhc6kml44cmJdI-XzF8p8fpRCCsxL7X_KixDxktz1fCLKBfQMAccFVuugPNBdMu3ST05g4pbAxHlNYtYOTGgy2bsFU6ftarJR36KW7lholi3Qi5btlGGo6GcAJi4tYqkGpPIinLCfAT8SoTp_kxAEDpjl6ccrDIsOFmNbuoYI8AgFxRDl4i-FePXl2Z4bSpMNVSiJHQ9iV6R34UDNjlxdqWERZSHtdPP5Ic0GMivu0izlVLYaUdRVa_yvXnDXhMbXzQOthacMB1Z7qnbVKw9MHaWfIosVicruGvML1LZSMg3RZQ-r8dKUVUZV3s_J1a65aRDg0jmLUloOP9pbDrY597FeolWbX_ujATb1B0laV5Y92W3aFMqCyRIHZKLM7_t6z9k9U3AxKzl6LHGxWPJw0RAjtqukfY2RlOYRo3ZgLIecxvhLHqBNwLCWqRgaovWD2YevO885sKEFtDdn3OQ3c43aRVgcRBHfJ2xqe7-c-W8QWIyAFshUXa_f0buZPzebr14L3jn-MytdcVvrj_eiS3S97-TA=w1748-h1311-no

1lIHNwgV3JU6LmsZRSL-IR0n8Bw0HorM0_gl3Hcqmq5maosl2_on7fpLj32JubJO6ACHsqEjkZYDf0DwcmBzxFFHdB7solVNxSHPNeljtQj_3yOwLA5Sr_c8_9T9bIk-cpS1uqkAPoO4Wwn20i-nQ-wldKNb9KTzk_yb4fIJ2uThhHhmC9wt4I4_ybqFRQO9rLHolb8k3D-6R7T3mAHNX36b56vfGlBeX2Hs0oO15imxxWBlLE9T8MJEeZttReyUW4h8oWijpS-cn0WfiLnc9oKBczvnds03eCnmFcUUsrzPQNarxX_vLcPNcj5xy-o1EE2yi53pLsUdOoPPqt-wyBWthfqVRQHRHrOUX_Dr0UuGngJowCCSNTA_I-jtluNTyvsiZjxO2Ww0h5P4dMdYcQmeC43dwpKBuZzhWS0dDseB9hEfxKNhFI-i8Oxe9kfCMFP1Tk_m861hRtkbzv3k1s9RCg1PpwJuQ467ChDDoxDFXzpsY8lriOET7jztNCbfWizGtc_JLsYxFlSGnuuRaSMzvcDuCd4JyLn3sMQX-qDDikjlLuPAVKCqMHdaS53Skf4MsxFrTrrITz7p7YTnYky_bgk_zHpHKbkaKfwwNRXomJ2AoMw1hFwo_-paVukdmZfpLH-j9pawmBfb2A6IHSKed5wU1FdYDN0q4W5-Y5RQva-43eRHRK3PvweW1-M=w1748-h1311-no

Croquette

Enlightened
I still use everyday most of the lights you modded for me (hds, okluma, ad my beloved fury :eek: )

Thank you !

Enlightened
Can you mod the lumensfactory heads? Id love another one but the surefires are so hard to find.

stellar canuck

Newly Enlightened
I heard back from Tana. It appears that hi triple should fit, given the drop-ins I currently can use in the head. Only thing I would suggest being careful of, would be getting the length right, so that there is appropriate contact with the batteries you intend to use.

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry, guys... Tragedy struck us the whole December, I was in isolation for 14 days due to virus exposure... now getting back on track...

Anyone intrested in details and such, best to write to my email: [email protected]