Too much private information online!

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Is what really sucks is people can google her name and get our home address and her cell phone.
Pretty much true of anyone these days. One of my pastimes is occasionally looking up old friends and classmates. I often get a complete address history, as well as current and past phone numbers, relatives, marital status, etc.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Yesterday I was on an iPhone talking with another person on an iPhone. We were arranging to meet. I asked where he would be. He gave me a street address. I knew what town he'd be in already.

I typed in a house number and (very common) street name in my search bar and showed me the location of the place he was talking about. What's even more weird was we had not even discussed what town he was going to be in, yet the phone already knew because he had his location service turned on.

When I met the guy I said "dude turn that **** off!" He used to call be paranoid. Yesterday he said "buddy you may be on to something".

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Yesterday I was on an iPhone talking with another person on an iPhone. We were arranging to meet. I asked where he would be. He gave me a street address. I knew what town he'd be in already.

I typed in a house number and (very common) street name in my search bar and showed me the location of the place he was talking about. What's even more weird was we had not even discussed what town he was going to be in, yet the phone already knew because he had his location service turned on.

When I met the guy I said "dude turn that **** off!" He used to call be paranoid. Yesterday he said "buddy you may be on to something".
...and turn off geotagging on your phone's camera also. Iphones ship with it turned off, but make sure it didn't get turned on by accident,