crazy stuff people say online

Status
Not open for further replies.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
for real some one was just trying to tell me that the usa is the most dangerous country in the world.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i a course understand how horrific today was. but there are countires on this planet that are far more unsafe speading false truths wont change anything

raggie33

*the raggedier*
best to delete this post sorry i made it just was frustrated

nbp

Flashaholic
Well. It is one of the most dangerous industrialized/developed nations/non-conflict areas. So their comment has some merit.

Violent Crime Rates:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The gubment buys about 45% of the baby formula produced at one location.
The issue is certain recipe's of the stuff is what is in short supply.
That's like saying because the local grocery store is out of oh I dunno, say pork chops……there's a meat shortage.

And yes it is dangerous to live in some parts of America, no doubt. Dangerous for the good folks.

Yet in some places it is dangerous for the bad folks. Back in 020 when folks began marching into some suburbs I was asked if I was concerned. My response was "if they make it to my house we'll be ok, but I seriously doubt they would make it to my house thanks to well prepared folks before they reached me"……

Poppy

Flashaholic
It is my understanding that Abbott produces about 90% of the baby formula in this country, and exports some of it abroad. Some of what they produce is rebranded as Enfamil, and or Similac, and probably others.

When the Abbott manufacturing plant was shut down about a month ago, it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that there would be a supply shortage.

There are some other smaller producers, who will increase their production about 35% to help with the shortage.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to this the US is rated very badly certainly among first world countries, ranked 36 out of 161. But honestly I have no idea what kind of data is used to create this list, and im not really interested enough to find out. Im actually surprised to see Turkey ranked so low.

Poppy

Flashaholic
The issue is certain recipe's of the stuff is what is in short supply.
That's like saying because the local grocery store is out of oh I dunno, say pork chops……there's a meat shortage.
Actually it is like saying:
When the manufacturer of an essential ingredient of a consumable product is shut down. There will be a shortage, when there is no ready substitute for that product.

The shortage is more rapidly evident when the manufacturer that is shut down, produces 90% of the ingredient. As far as I know, there is no strategic emergency stockpile of baby formula. For the parents of infants whose child is truly dependent on formula, this must be a truly harrowing situation.

Poppy

Flashaholic
According to this the US is rated very badly certainly among first world countries, ranked 36 out of 161. But honestly I have no idea what kind of data is used to create this list, and im not really interested enough to find out. Im actually surprised to see Turkey ranked so low.
One of the data points they used to determine how dangerous a country is... the percentage of the GDP is spent on military.
The top three are: Saudi Arabia, Russia, The USA.

IMO that does not make the US a dangerous place to live.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My point was the shelves are not empty because it all goes south of the border. Glad you pointed out the plant shut down Poppy. I did not want to go there because of the potential for political subject matter to follow.

America is dangerous if you are a member of a group that wants to blow up shopping malls. Just ask Osama Bin Laden……

Last edited:

Empath

Flashaholic
A thread for discussing various political and volatile topics is best done in our Underground board.

Status
Not open for further replies.