grocery cost thread its crazy!

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
At the peak it hit the equivalent of about $9.14 / us gal
Price of regular gas peaked here in June 2022 at around $2.15/litre (which is CDN$8.13 per US gal.). Now it hangs around the $1.40's or a bit lower for those who can get it at Costco.

I find ordinary generic OTC medications have jumped, even generic aspirin is way up. I occasionally use Ibuprofen as it is a good anti-inflammatory for minor problems. The best chain-brand price I could find at regular pharmacies was around 30c per standard dose in small bottles (24). In order to get any quantity price relief requires spending at least $15-$20 and not even for such a large amount, and I don't use that much.

Vitamins are big business and also way up recently; it pays to use generic, and watch for sales. Most people can get what they need from ordinary diet, with some exceptions e.g. lots of people especially in winter take a D supplement.

I don't shop Costco anymore, nor Walmart.

Dave

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Christmas candy should be on clearance around now, if you are looking to save a little $.
That's how I used to get a lot of my sugar fix but last ten years or so it seems stores have gotten better at planning inventory. Usually not much left after Christmas. What is will be typically be gone within a day.

Buff

Enlightened
As far as the thread getting a few political comments if they bother you just change the channel or ignore them as some on this thread are doing. I think saying the prices aren't connected to those that set the policies and comments referring to such policies aren't relevant are just someone's opinion which i have learned to respect other opinions and do my own research.

AstroTurf

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as the thread getting a few political comments if they bother you just change the channel or ignore them as some on this thread are doing. I think saying the prices aren't connected to those that set the policies and comments referring to such policies aren't relevant are just someone's opinion which i have learned to respect other opinions and do my own research.
talk of politics on any thread here on cpf risks being locked...

this is a good thread, and topic. i'd rather not see it locked.

Jim

Lights and Guns

Newly Enlightened
Houston, TX

gallon a milk - $3.29
pound of ground beef - just bought some at $2.49/lb
loaf of breed $1.02 according to the website (I don't buy the cheap bread. Always buy from the bakery or make our own)

Where are you at OP?
Beef for $2.49/lb?
LOL what?
Over by me it's $5.99 for the cheaper more fatty stuff...
I usually spend about $7-8lb

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Was at Walmart to get cheap coffeee lol I don't mess with the pods that's for the rich folks lol . I think I got folders or Maxwell house like 3 pounds for 11 bucks then saw stove top stuffing which around here is like 3 bucks a box lol. I love the stuff . Combine it with a leg quarter and yummy yummy lol. Well it was 50 cents a box I bought like 20 boxes then as I'm walking out in recall my motorcycle box was almost full already lol. So there I was in parking lot removing the stuffing from there boxes lol. To make it smaller. A course there still in a bag. I wasn't riding. Around with 20 pounds of loose stuffing lol

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
200.gif