HALLOWEEN 2023 THREAD

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
True story -

When I was a little kid I lived in an old house with a dark and slightly spooky basement. In the center of the basement was a giant cast iron furnace. It was huge and imposing, the fire-breathing centerpiece of the basement. This was probably a coal furnace originally, and it was later converted to gas. But to a little kid, this giant iron behemoth that would occasionally spring to life with flames was a monster, just waiting to attack me. I always treaded lightly around that thing, afraid that I would wake up a demon inside of it when I got near.

In one of the far corners of the basement was a room with a padlock on it. I never saw anyone go into that room during my entire childhood. I would ask about it now and then and I was told that nobody had a key and nobody knew what was inside it. This led to a considerable air of mystery surrounding this room. What was inside? Cash? A pit? Ghosts? As a kid I always wondered what was on the other side of the door and why won't anyone talk about it?

Many years later when we were getting rid of the property, I came back prepared to get into that room and solve the mystery once and for all. I was able to bypass the lock, and when I finally opened the door, not sure what the heck I was about to see, I found...

Some shelves with empty jars. That's it. No ghosts, aliens, hidden treasures or other family secrets. Just some empty mason jars.

Happy Halloween!

Last edited:

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
True story -

When I was a little kid I lived in an old house with a dark and slightly spooky basement. In the center of the basement was a giant cast iron furnace. It was huge and imposing, the fire-breathing centerpiece of the basement. This was probably a coal furnace originally, and it was later converted to gas. But to a little kid, this giant iron behemoth that would occasionally spring to life with flames was a monster, just waiting to attack me. I always treaded lightly around that thing, afraid that I would wake up a demon inside of it when I got near.

In one of the far corners of the basement was a room with a padlock on it. I never saw anyone go into that room during my entire childhood. I would ask about it now and then and I was told that nobody had a key and nobody knew what was inside it. This led to a considerable air of mystery surrounding this room. What was inside? Cash? A pit? Ghosts? As a kid I always wondered what was on the the side of the door and why won't anyone talk about it?

Many years later when we were getting rid of the property, I came back prepared to get into that room and solve the mystery once and for all. I was able to bypass the lock, and when I finally opened the door, not sure what the heck I was about to see, I found...

Some shelves with empty jars. That's it. No ghosts, aliens, hidden treasures or other family secrets. Just some empty mason jars.

Happy Halloween!
So much potential flashlight storage space wasted for so many years...

Poppy

Flashaholic
I'm fairly certain that at some time I watched that movie. Don't remember much of it, though.
Yeah, I saw that one too, actually in the movie theatre. The Blob!
I must have been old enough to go without my parents, but young enough for it to scare the crap out of me. I only saw it once, and don't recall enough of it to know, what made it so scary.

I imagine that as an adult, I'd get bored. I can't believe that they made a remake of that film.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
1698181265203.png